SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : HOMOSEXUAL WINS DISCRIMINATION CLAIM AGAINST THE CHURCH OF ENGLAND

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

HOMOSEXUAL WINS DISCRIMINATION CLAIM AGAINST THE CHURCH OF ENGLAND

In a landmark case, a homosexual man has won a job discrimination claim against the Church of England.

After John Reaney was turned down for a youth worker's post in Cardiff, Wales, he complained to the government that he was being unlawfully discriminated against on the basis of his sexual "orientation" contrary to a new law.

The employment tribunal has agreed and will next set the amount of monetary compensation that the Church of England must pay. Homosexual activists rejoiced at the ruling. One said that the [b]"church must learn that denying people jobs on the ground of their sexuality is no longer acceptable"[/b] ("Gay Christian Wins Job Tribunal against Church of England," Daily Mail, July 18, 2007).

Reaney had the backing of Stonewall, an influential homosexual rights organization. This shows the danger of the Hate Crimes legislation that is currently moving through the U.S. Congress. Homosexual activists will not be content until they shut down every church that opposes their agenda.

Come visit me when I am jail, ok?

Krispy

2007/7/27 8:06
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re: HOMOSEXUAL WINS DISCRIMINATION CLAIM AGAINST THE CHURCH OF ENGLAND

Quote:

I won’t be able to visit, unless they give me a weekend pass from the one I’m in.

Won’t there be a problem with cell space? If only a small percentage of Christians stand true to the Word, our numbers should still flood the jails. With a system that is already bursting at the seams this presents a real problem.

So I guess the question is: How long until they start building jails and prisons with Christians in mind?

I hope there will be a problem like this. If there isn’t it will be because…well I just don’t want to think about that.

2007/7/27 9:27Profile

Re:

Don't worry about it... there really arent that many Christians with enough backbone to take a stand for anything. There wont be many of us in jail. And those of us who do end up in jail will be vilified by those "believers" who compromised.

So... bring your singing voice when you join me. We'll sing praises to God all night long, brother. It'll be like an old time tent meetin'.

Krispy

2007/7/27 9:30

Re:

Ooops... double post.

Krispy

2007/7/27 9:31
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
there really arent that many Christians with enough backbone to take a stand for anything. There wont be many of us in jail.

I hope this is not true.

As for singing His praises...I will be singing as they place the kindling around my post.

2007/7/27 9:37Profile
vsuarez

Krispy,

I'll meet you there brother!!

Brother Suarez

2007/7/27 13:19Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

A lot of these problems can be avoided if the church did not register as an official organizational entity with the government. If such things continue to happen, we might have to rethink the ways we "do church."

2007/7/27 13:36Profile

Quote:
In a landmark case, a homosexual man has won a job discrimination claim against the Church of England.

I suppose it's only a matter of time before a homosexual 'couple', or 'partners', or whatever take the churches to court over discrimination because of gay marriage rights...

Whatever happened to seperation of Church and State?

2007/7/27 13:50

Re:

The "other side" only likes seperation of "Church and State" when it benefits them. But's not in the Constitution anyway. But like most Christians who are totally ignorant of the Bible, most Americans are totally ignorant what is in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Thats why we're losing our freedoms day by day.

Krispy

2007/7/27 14:08
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Krispy

Will do,
I'll bring your cloak & parchments;
;-)

I don't have much say so in hiring & firing etc.. so maybe I'll be free for a little while

2007/7/27 14:12Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy