SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Your religion is worthless

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Your religion is worthless

We don't dare take this word holy in our mouths too casually.[b] "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect: (Matt:5:48), and "Be ye Holy; for I am Holy" (1 Peter 1:16).[/b] He is VERY holy. Because this is an age of extremity and we are rushing toward it's radical conclusion, [b]either we are going to be very holy or not at all.[/b]

Are you remembering that one of the evidences of the end of the age is a great falling away when the love of many will grow cold? Many! Where are they going to come from? When iniquity shall abound some will come out of this audience, out of the whole inflated Christendom that exists today. [b]Iniquity is abounding more and more daily. Very seductive and powerful. And if it is only a plastic Cross to which we've come, a piece of cheap junk jewelry, we're almost assuring ourselves that we will be among the victims[/b]. So we need to have the Cross raised up for us in truth and something branded in our hearts and spirits.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=17775&forum=34&4]Art Katz[/url]

1 Peter 1:15 [b]But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;[/b]

2 Peter 3:11 ¶[b] Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,[/b]

James 1:26 ¶ [b]If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.[/b]

it is to me a fearful thought, if i dont control my tongue, if im not Holy in all my conversation, my whole religion is worthless, all my praying, all my service, all my cross carrying is nothing but a big delusion......its worthless...vain...

Isaiah 6:5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

2007/7/25 17:53Profile
Nile

Raleigh, NC

Re: Your religion is worthless

Yeah...I consider these things too. Very important things to consider.
Thanks for the post.
Nile

2007/7/25 18:15Profile
cmac

awesome post, It's so easy to forget these words at times

2007/7/25 19:35Profile
jarona

The Earth

O' God I am a man of unclean lips, who lusts, and is full of pride, and has a hard heart! O God, who am I that You would call me out of the world? God you use the foolish things of this world , you can make the weak strong, and I praise You for that! Humble me O' God and have mercy upon me! Give me a new heart Yeshua, fill me with more of thy love and Spirit and bring understanding to me! Humility is reality, bring a reality of your presence and truth to all of those who have ever been on SI. Deliver us great God, thank you that if we call on You we will be saved! Deliver us Father, and as Your disciples asked, I also ask of You, increase our faith! Glory be to Your name! Refine us and chastise us and convict us according to thy will! Bring light and truth to us, thank you God for Your Holy Spirit, and for the precious blood of Jesus Christ! Root out everything that is in us that is contrary to thee! For thy sake! Blessed be your name!

2007/7/25 23:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy