SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Support : SI is Crashing or Exiting Firefox

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Koheleth

NC

SI is Crashing or Exiting Firefox

For the past few weeks on my machine, Firefox can no longer load any SI page without crashing. No other web page I have visited does this, and I am usually on a few dozen different sites per day. (SI is either performing such a hard crash that Windows doesn't catch the error, or else it is doing a silent exit.) Anyone else having this? I am on WinXP, SP2, FF2.0.0.5 and IE6 (which I have to use now that FF doesn't work). IE works fine.

2007/7/25 15:05Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re: SI is Crashing or Exiting Firefox

I don't know too much about computers, but I'm using firefox right now and it's working ok. If I could only figure out how to download sermons using this thing.

2007/7/25 15:18Profile
Koheleth

NC

Re: Firefox

Quote:
I don't know too much about computers, but I'm using firefox right now and it's working ok. If I could only figure out how to download sermons using this thing.

You can't download sermons directly with FF, but use the IE Tab add-on. If you google for it, you'll find it. That will switch the page over to IE within FF and you can download the sermon. Anyone know how to do it more directly?

2007/7/25 15:28Profile

Re:SI is Crashing or Exiting Firefox

I have been using Firefox for years now and have no problems with SI or downloads. When i want to download a sermon i simply use (one of the "add-ons") DownThemAll.

I right click the sermon or sermon link and send it to my documents for instance then when it's done (usual in a few seconds) i go to my documents and it's there. Then double click and it comes up or, from "DownThemAll" after it's been downloaded i can just double click right there and it will come up.

I've never had a problem with SI and Firefox ever. Hope this helps. If i can help in any other way, let me know. By the way; i do download directly from Firefox. I never ever use IE for anything except for windows updates and then only do i use the (add-on) IE tab, but thats all.

I have not been nor am i at all having any problems with the crashing of SI using Firefox. Everything has been and still is doing fine and i have the recent updates as well.

Brother Julian

2007/7/25 15:48
Koheleth

NC

Brother Julian,

Thanks for the input. I am going to do more sleuthing right now. By the way, regarding DownThemAll, thanks for the recommendation and my only point is that you need an add-on to download from SI in FF. Any decent one will do, but you can't download from plain vanilla FF.

Take care,
Ko

2007/7/25 16:43Profile
Koheleth

NC

OK, I found out it is due to one of the add-ons I installed about a month ago. I have eliminated the conflict and am working fine now. Thanks for the feedback, which allowed me to know the problem was not with FF itself. -- Ko

2007/7/26 10:46Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy