SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Denny Kenaston/Charity Churches

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
vico

Re:

Quote:
;-) Let's keep on keeping on and maintain a heart of "charity" toward all.

Amen!

And if i may i be the first to recommend a sermon by Brother Denny, I would would say that the one titled "Others Lord, Others" would definitely be worth your listen.

Blessings to all who love the Lord in sincerity!

Col 3:14 And above all these things put on "charity", which is the bond of perfectness. ;-) lol

2007/7/25 19:24Profile
JelloTaster

Winnipeg MB

Re:

As someone who has had quite a bit of contact in the last year with a charity church, I find this thread interesting. I've really appreciated them and their contrast to typical evangelical Christianity and have probably at times even idolized them. Hearing words of caution are therefore a great blessing to me and remind me that every congregation with people in it will have their faults and charity churches are no different.

My thoughts on them are as follows. They tend toward legalism, but many of the brothers readily admit that. They see it and can therefore guard against it. They follow scripture quite literally but not blindly. Their love for others and their devotion to God is something I've never seen in a fellowship anywhere and causes me to grieve when I consider the low standards I've been brought up under as a believer.

One thing I've noticed in a lot of sermons I've heard from charity preachers is that they will often direct hard questions to the congregation. When speaking of sin, they exhort the hearer to examine their hearts in this matter. What a blessing!

In a time when most Christians are asking what the lowest common denominator is for getting into heaven, they are asking "how far can I go with God; what's the highest standard I can live up to to please my Savior?" Chris

2007/7/25 20:22Profile
seanjol

Charleston, SC

Re:

JelloTaster Wrote:

Quote:
In a time when most Christians are asking what the lowest common denominator is for getting into heaven, they are asking "how far can I go with God; what's the highest standard I can live up to to please my Savior?"

Well said!! The Godly Home series has been a tremendous blessing to my family and has brought us to a closer relationship with God. We have visited a charity plant in North Carolina to see Zac Poonen preach and again at another time. What an awesome experience it was. After one of the services we were approached by at least 10 different couples to see if we would come over to lunch, and we had 6 kids at the time. In most of the churches that I grew up in and still attend, you almost have to make appointments with people before you can come over. They show true charity.

They do tend towards legalism and even pharaseism in some things if the two are separate. The thing is, as was said before, they are aware of this and do try very hard to keep this from besetting. I think the thing that they want so much is to be holy before a Holy God. A desire that I want more and more.

Honestly, as wary of some of their beliefs as I may be, I would much rather attend one of their fellowships than to go to a Charasmatic church where they are swinging from the rafters in an unbiblical manner, or even a liturgical scripted service. I am even charasmatic and believe in the gifts of the Spirit.

Just my 2 cents.

Sean

2007/7/25 21:12Profile
running2win

Bowmansville Penssylvania USA

Re:

I'm very blessed by all the balance and openmindedness in this thread. I am in the Charity movement and even though I do have a number of fairly large differences in certain areas I have seen alot of unbalanced, groundless criticism of the whole movement and been grieved by it. You all have blessed me.

2007/7/26 11:23Profile
Anabaptist29

Re:

Have you read Rick Friedrich's book that is against the Charity movement? You'll see how childish his complaints really are. Mr. Friedrich is not a reliable source at all.

2011/1/20 16:53Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
ello all. I am sincerely not wanting to start controversy here, but i am searching for truth. I started listening to the Godly Home series by Kenaston - which seen very good- yet a red flag or two was raised in my spirit. Now this just may be my own doubts, I don't know. But it did cause me to look up some info on Mr Kenaston and Charity Ministries. I found this article - which is a booklet- written by Rick Freidrich who started the Truth in Heart website. I am familiar with Truth in Heart from previous reasearch about Finny and Edwards. I don't know Mr. Freidrich personally but he seems to me a trustworthy man. But I know I could be wrong. I also found his discussions on a forum discussing cults. He is 'aletheainnheart' on the forum (and you have to scroll down a bit to read his responses).

Without any argument or contention at SermonIndex we promote the Godly Home Series and believe it to be a great resource for the entire body of Christ. Does God or by listening to the series should we all go to Charity churches? By no means. But it is wonderful how each part of the body of Christ has something to share with the other parts. Let us have an open-heart for other brothers and sisters who express some of the truths and callings in Scriptures differently.

Love is the most important of all in the Christian walk. So let us excel in this first and accept onanother. I have been blessed by the example of some of the Charity brothers and sisters and continue to have great relationships with many in the movement. I see as much danger in any evangelical church as I do in charity churches. We need to look to Christ and not men. If any rule we obey because of men or because of trying to be justified before God it brings bondage. But when we look to Christ and His indwelling Spirit and power in us then we have the freedom to live a life that pleases Him.

2011/1/20 17:05Profile
mama27

Re:

I too receive The Heartbeat of the Remnant magazine, and probably have received it for over 10 years. It is a wonderful day when I see it in my mailbox. I do not detect legalism in its pages. I am ALWAYS challenged by a pursuit of holiness and godly living that I find almost nowhere else in what is called the Church in America today. Perhaps there are cautions about the Charity movement, and as has been said, we must always examine everything we read or hear against Scripture. But I find that these Brothers and Sisters are following hard after God. May we all do the same...

2011/1/20 20:00Profile
urbanus

Re: Denny Kenaston/Charity Churches

I always ask myself when reading about other "movements", is the Gospel being obscured or even hidden.

People (I thought this for a long time) think if they can just find authentic christianity, the "right camp" then all will be well. There is no "right camp" and never will be, only the right Jesus.

The key really is finding the authentic Jesus.

Heb 12:2 looking unto Jesus the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising shame, and hath sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2011/1/23 11:17Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
People (I thought this for a long time) think if they can just find authentic christianity, the "right camp" then all will be well. There is no "right camp" and never will be, only the right Jesus.

The key really is finding the authentic Jesus.

Brother, wonderful comment! Amen and Amen. May we be in pursuit of Jesus Christ in authentic reality and not some church or group of people. This is a mistake I fell into myself on my journey with God and I was also shown that the only thing that is going to bring fulfillment is Jesus Christ alone in His fullness in my life. There is no perfect church or perfect people, we are all broken jars, imagine hunting around trying to find the best broken jars to be with! God forgive us! We all have our places to be in the kingdom of God. And at times God raises up new men with new movements when things around them become very shallow and unreal. And they pursue Jesus Christ afresh in authentic reality and find Him and therefore a new camp is born.

Great word brother.

2011/1/23 11:58Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

I was greatly blessed by the Godly Home Series and met some of their people at the Greenock Conference. The body of Christ can do with a good dose of their regard for purity, authority and submission. It is very commendable to see their standard in a time when the majority of the church drifts further and further into worldliness. We can learn a lot from them.

I can imagine that they get fiercely attacked by critics in this respect and at times battle with legalism. Legalism appears when I detach the commandment of Christ from the person of Christ and try to establish my own righteousness.

2011/1/23 12:46Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy