SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : United4Truth - Mr. Contentment and your 5 wooden cups - Frontal Assualt

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dougkristen

United4Truth - Mr. Contentment and your 5 wooden cups - Frontal Assualt

Brothers and Sisters, I would encourage all to go to www.fireonthealtar.com and dowload the book, Mr. Contentment and your 5 Wooden Cups and listen to The Lion of the Tribe of Judah mp3 compilation. This is all I will write for now... this is incredible.

Grace,
Doug

2004/4/28 4:54Profile
moreofHim

Re: United4Truth - Mr. Contentment and your 5 wooden cups - Frontal Assualt

Doug,

Thank you for this! I am still recovering from both. I have asked my husband to take about an hour out of his work day to read and listen.

I am ordering these to give out right away.

To quote Wilkerson "What has happened to us?"

Thank you, thank you. In our own family, we are very blessed and I have been trying to find ways to expalin to my kids why I won't allow them the many "extras" that many of their friends have. They know we can afford it. This will help so much in explaining things. I pray that we do better in this area than what we have done in the past.

In Christ, Chanin

2004/4/28 9:30Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Transfering this post from Ezekiel 16/Sodom's Sister:
------------------------
Two nights ago, I had a dream about this particular passage again. Ezekiel 16:44-52 (It it pretty much describes all of chapter 16 summed up)

[Quote]"Indeed everyone who quotes proverbs will use this proverb against you: 'Like mother, like daughter!' You are your mother's daughter, loathing husband and children; and you are the sister of your sisters, who loathed their husbands and children; your mother was a Hittite and your father an Amorite. Your elder sister is Samaria, who dwells with her daughters to the north of you; and your younger sister, who dwells to the south of you, is Sodom and her daughters. You did not walk in their ways nor act according to their abominations; but, as if that were too little, you became more corrupt than they in all your ways. As I live," says the Lord God, "neither your sister Sodom nor her daughters have done as you and your daughters have done. Look, this was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: She and her daughter had pride, fullness of food, and abundance of idleness; neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty and committed abomination before Me; therefore I took them away as I saw fit. Samaria did not commit half of your sins; but you have multiplied your abominations more than they, and have justified your sisters by all the abominations which you have done. You who judged your sisters, bear your own shame also, because the sins which you committed were more abominable than theirs; they are more righteous than you. Yes, be disgraced also, and bear your own shame, because you justified your sisters.[/Quote]

Especially after reading Mr.Contentment and listening to The Lion of Judah (thanks Doug for that link) what really stands out to me even more than before is:

Look, this was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: She and her daughter had [b]pride, fullness of food, and abundance of idleness; neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.[/b] And they were haughty and committed abomination before Me;

In my dream I saw that it was the parents that were allowing this to be taught to their children. That there was nothing shameful in our nakedness as the body of Christ. Much of our nakedness is that we are spiritual poor while we are materially rich.

[Quote]Because you say, 'I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing'--and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked-- I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see.[/Quote]
Rev. 3:17-18

(Mike, I am also wondering if this has anything to do with your dream also since it was on the same night.)

"Do you know that Ezekiel speaks in terms of cities having "daughters". Today we call these smaller unwalled cities "suburbs". Suburbanites, and especially suburban Christians, neglect their core cities to their peril. Ezekiel points out that one of the reasons for Sodom's fiery judgement was it's arrogant neglect of the poor in spite of it's incredible wealth. The same was true for jerusalem." ~The Word in Life Study Bible

Ezekiel 16 also deals with their idolatry even though they are God's people.

Many things to think about and consider. Help us Lord!

In Christ, chanin

2004/4/28 11:20Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Hmmm, very interesting Chanin.

Will be listening to "The Lion of Judah" later on today while working, hope to read the other a bit later.

Quote:
(Mike, I am also wondering if this has anything to do with your dream also since it was on the same night.)

Even more interesting... :-o

To let everybody in on it, in part, I had a dream about a pastor who had applied 'eyesalve' to his own eyes and then reached out and I took from him and applied it to my own eyes...

Musing.

2004/4/28 11:37Profile
moreofHim

Re:

The story Mr. Contenment is awsome- better than the audio (Lion of Judah).

The audio is stirring but appeals to the emotions (which is fine) but the story is more real and appeals to the deeper meaning and morality. It leaves a lasting affect behind, one that you won't soon forget. I wish all pastors- and all christians could read this. The ending is great!!!!!!

Satisfied in Him alone, chanin

2004/4/28 11:49Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
The audio is stirring but appeals to the emotions (which is fine) but the story is more real and appeals to the deeper meaning and morality. It leaves a lasting affect behind, one that you won't soon forget. I wish all pastors- and all christians could read this. The ending is great!!!!!!

Yes I just listened to the audio, its quite well done, some parts with wilkerson preaching with the audio in the background was very moving. I still have to check out the book, praise God for this ministry and all the things that are happening through it.

2004/4/28 13:43Profile
swsojourner

Re: United4Truth - Mr. Contentment and your 5 wooden cups - Frontal Assualt

42 pages in...interesting reading so far. It's like fluff, but it isn't. Does anybody know who the author is ? went to the back of the document to find out, but all that succeeded in doing was spoiling the ending. :-)

God Bless,
Karsten

2004/4/29 1:07Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy