SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : America's End is nigh!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
FreebyWord

Re: GOD's Own Word

[b]Oba 1:1 The vision of Obadiah. Thus saith the Lord GOD concerning Edom; We have heard a rumour from the LORD, and an ambassador is sent among the heathen, Arise ye, and let us rise up against her in battle.
[u]Oba 1:2 Behold, I have made thee small among the heathen: thou art greatly despised.
Oba 1:3 The pride of thine heart hath deceived thee, thou that dwellest in the clefts of the rock, whose habitation [is] high; that saith in his heart, Who shall bring me down to the ground?
Oba 1:4 Though thou exalt [thyself] as the eagle, and though thou set thy nest among the stars, thence will I bring thee down, saith the LORD.[/u]
Oba 1:5 If thieves came to thee, if robbers by night, (how art thou cut off!) would they not have stolen till they had enough? if the grapegatherers came to thee, would they not leave [some] grapes?
Oba 1:6 How are [the things] of Esau searched out! [how] are his hidden things sought up!
Oba 1:7 All the men of thy confederacy have brought thee [even] to the border: the men that were at peace with thee have deceived thee, [and] prevailed against thee; [they that eat] thy bread have laid a wound under thee: [there is] none understanding in him.
Oba 1:8 Shall I not in that day, saith the LORD, even destroy the wise [men] out of Edom, and understanding out of the mount of Esau?
Oba 1:9 And thy mighty [men], O Teman, shall be dismayed, to the end that every one of the mount of Esau may be cut off by slaughter.
Oba 1:10 For [thy] violence against thy brother Jacob shame shall cover thee, and thou shalt be cut off for ever.
Oba 1:11 In the day that thou stoodest on the other side, in the day that the strangers carried away captive his forces, and foreigners entered into his gates, and cast lots upon Jerusalem, even thou [wast] as one of them.
Oba 1:12 But thou shouldest not have looked on the day of thy brother in the day that he became a stranger; neither shouldest thou have rejoiced over the children of Judah in the day of their destruction; neither shouldest thou have spoken proudly in the day of distress.
Oba 1:13 Thou shouldest not have entered into the gate of my people in the day of their calamity; yea, thou shouldest not have looked on their affliction in the day of their calamity, nor have laid [hands] on their substance in the day of their calamity;
Oba 1:14 Neither shouldest thou have stood in the crossway, to cut off those of his that did escape; neither shouldest thou have delivered up those of his that did remain in the day of distress.
Oba 1:15 For the day of the LORD [is] near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head.
Oba 1:16 For as ye have drunk upon my holy mountain, [so] shall all the heathen drink continually, yea, they shall drink, and they shall swallow down, and they shall be as though they had not been.
Oba 1:17 But upon mount Zion shall be deliverance, and there shall be holiness; and the house of Jacob shall possess their possessions.
Oba 1:18 And the house of Jacob shall be a fire, and the house of Joseph a flame, and the house of Esau for stubble, and they shall kindle in them, and devour them; and there shall not be [any] remaining of the house of Esau; for the LORD hath spoken [it].
Oba 1:19 And [they of] the south shall possess the mount of Esau; and [they of] the plain the Philistines: and they shall possess the fields of Ephraim, and the fields of Samaria: and Benjamin [shall possess] Gilead.
Oba 1:20 And the captivity of this host of the children of Israel [shall possess] that of the Canaanites, [even] unto Zarephath; and the captivity of Jerusalem, which [is] in Sepharad, shall possess the cities of the south.
Oba 1:21 And saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be the LORD'S.[/b]

2007/7/28 17:24Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

sis Dorcas
Greetings in Jesus' Name by Whose Blood we are Saved. AMEN.

what i was saying was that when the Prophets of God went forth with His word for the people, one would think the people would get it right away. However the scripture's testimony is that they didn't get it (or few did) because where judgment was spoken of, it came because men didn't repent. The same is true today, we would like to think that we would reeive the words sent to us through the Prophets, but we often don't for whatever reason. Perhaps we don't like the idea of repenting constantly as much as we think we do...i believe that the more we press into God, the more we are quickened to our fallen state and the Grace of God through Christ so that we Repent, repent, repent and repent some more, then after that repent, repent...well you get the idea.

Grace and Peace be ours in Jesus' Name. AMEN.

2007/7/28 17:25Profile

Re:

Brother FreebyWord, this is the way to go - with Scripture to back you.

I spoke to someone last month about how God uses His own Word to "speak forth".

When folks use their own words, it confuses people and gets them splitting hairs and debating forever over what the person said, etc., etc..

God's Word speaks for itself, but we like our own. There was a time that I would post mostly just scripture like you have done, but then people post back at you wanting dialoge. So we have to keep replying with our own words ... but I guess that 'is' fellowship after all.

When God fine tunes these prophecies out of men, it will go according to Scripture perfectly.
The True Character of GOD comes across in their words also.
Not a twisted God or Jesus or The Holy Spirit.

I thought this thread went well and thank you for it. Bless The Name of Jesus.

Ironman, we need His Name spoken now more than ever and I thank you for every time you do.
Just feeling that prompting that we need Him - Hashem - JESUS' Name spoken now more than ever.
Thank you brother. Love to your wife too.

2007/7/29 14:55
Zapthycat

Livermore, CA

Re:

Regards to everyone that has posted here... and sorry that I'm late to the party. But this issue strikes upon some of my thoughts and feelings.

So far virtually all of this discussion has been about Prophets, whether this man is a false prophet or not, or how to tell false from true prophets, etc.

How about we look past whether this man is a prophet or not (since we cannot judge his soul) and we look at what he has prophecied... or what he claims God has spoken to him?

Can anyone look at what was spoken and dispute with it? And if not, then don't we, as Christians, have a duty to correct those other christians that have this judgement passed upon them? And don't we have a duty to purge ourselves, and judge ourselves, that we can be sure we are not those types of christian?

I think this issue deserves, at the very least, some deep self-introspection.

2007/8/4 2:11Profile

Re:

I do not believe the end of America is nigh, however troubles for America is nigh. The United States hasn't reached it's zenith in total rejection of God. There are many righteous people that still inhabit this great land, that still are making up the hedge and standing in the gap. Many woes will come to a nation that finally rejects God, the bible says that it would be turned into hell.

Sodom had absolutely no righteous persons in it save lot and his two daughters (even that is questionable) The United States however has multitudes of believers. It doesn't matter if they are not practicing Christians, lot certainly wasn't practicing any faith, he wanted to stay in Sodom. He was righteous because he was connected to Abraham. We are righteous before God because our connection with Jesus Christ.

Israel was righteous before God because of Abraham. Even though Israel was hardly faithful, yet God loved her and sustained her. Chastised her and brought her back into good relations with Himself. The Church is in the same situation. Because of our connection with the Son of God, we too have gone astray, yet in His love He has chasten us.

America has many righteous inhabitants, America's doom is not nigh at hand. America is going to face hardships like she has never had before. And God will be glorified during this time because many will look to Him for answers.

2007/8/4 11:17

Re:

Linn, I have heard such words before and I have been a sucker for believing in it. Yes we are to seek the LORD with all of our hearts thats a given. Year after year the same message and it always seems to be more heightened when there is a war going on, or when there is an earthquake or some other natural disaster.

Nothing "wiggled or jumped" in my spirit. You know I can pull out a prophecy message too, this message HAS NOT COME FROM THE LORD:

Quote:
Yay, I say unto thee, if thou wilt confess thy sins and humble thyself and seek my face, I will be merciful unto thee. For you are a beloved people to me, saith the LORD. If you will just seek me saith the LORD, I will pour out a blessing that you will not be able to withstand. The hour is late, the time is far spent, darkness is coming. Oh my people, hearken unto me for I am thy great light and thy salvation. Look to me and no other and thou shalt find pastures that will satisfy your souls. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow you all the days your life. Thus saith the LORD.

You see, anyone can do that. And yet the above words are not false, they are true in every way, it's just hasn't come from the LORDS mind for this time. Anyone can stand up in a church and spiel off all kinds of words and we all sit back and respond by saying, "ohh and ahh".

I am for prophecies, but I have heard them all and they are not worth hearing anymore. The only ones that I pay heed too are the ones that speak directly to my spirit because only God knows what I have been praying about.

God Bless

2007/8/4 11:42

Re:

Compliments, I think your 'prophecy' ably explains one of the ways any prophecy is to be judged - by the word of God - and by those who also know Him.

You said

Quote:
The only ones that I pay heed too are the ones that speak directly to my spirit

This is exacly what I do, also - and respond as soon as possible!

2007/8/5 15:07
Search_Me

Re:

Quote:

Yay, I say unto thee, if thou wilt confess thy sins and humble thyself and seek my face, I will be merciful unto thee. For you are a beloved people to me, saith the LORD. If you will just seek me saith the LORD, I will pour out a blessing that you will not be able to withstand. The hour is late, the time is far spent, darkness is coming. Oh my people, hearken unto me for I am thy great light and thy salvation. Look to me and no other and thou shalt find pastures that will satisfy your souls. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow you all the days your life. Thus saith the LORD.

You see, anyone can do that. And yet the above words are not false, they are true in every way, it's just hasn't come from the LORDS mind for this time....

Compliments, am I to believe that this Prophecy, which, as I see, contains no ungodliness or error, is false or of the flesh, or worse, of a false spirit?

Am I to believe this because you have said the words are right yet the words are not from the Lord?

What do you base this on?

Do you base this on a word from the Lord, which the man who gave the prophecy also bases his word on?

Do you base this on a subjective feeling which you cannot show to be true, anymore than the man who spoke this prophecy can show to be true (until it comes to pass)?

I do not seek to cause division.I am not seeking to divide yourself and I.

I simply seek to know why you call this prophetic utterance not of God due to your personally not "feeling" it in "your spirit".

This, of course, cannot be trusted, as Scripture alone must be our sole authority, and I see this man's Prophetic utterance as not being against the Revealed word of God.

His word is much more Biblically sound than your "inner witness" which has no Biblical basis.

I'm hurt that you would speak such things openly and publically, calling into question a man whom you do not know nor have prayed with nor have met face to face in the power of the Spirit.

It is a dangerous and harmful thing to speak such to the Body of Christ concerning what could possibly be a correct warning from God.

I am not defending the prophecy as much as I am asking why you would speak such against it, when even you have admitted there is nothing wrong with it, save your "feeling" that it doesn't "speak to your spirit".

Many among us are asleep and cannot hear nor see what the Spirit says and is doing.

Perhaps you may seek the Lord for ears to hear and eyes to see.

I pray we remain bonded in the Spirit of Unity through Him who loved us and gave Himself for us.

2007/8/7 0:00Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Compliments
Greetings in Jesus' Name by Whose Blood we are Saved.AMEN.

Quote:
I do not believe the end of America is nigh, however troubles for America is nigh. The United States hasn't reached it's zenith in total rejection of God. There are many righteous people that still inhabit this great land, that still are making up the hedge and standing in the gap. Many woes will come to a nation that finally rejects God, the bible says that it would be turned into hell.

i believe that troubles are coming upon us which will put an end to America as we know it. in that sense the end is nigh. However the desolation which is coming is not a wiping out of all people here but a Judgment which will put an end to the America we know now that God may bring forth something else.

Quote:
America has many righteous inhabitants, America's doom is not nigh at hand. America is going to face hardships like she has never had before. And God will be glorified during this time because many will look to Him for answers.

AMEN, this is what i believe also.

Grace and PEace are ours in Jesus.AMEN.

2007/8/8 12:30Profile
Search_Me

Re:

My best friend has just given me a video link on his google account of Prophet Jonathan Hansen.

I pray this video, where he speaks, will bless you.

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=7270133924852846388

2007/8/20 14:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy