SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : False teachers, Need some counsel???

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
reformer

False teachers, Need some counsel???

It went south fast with my wife and my mother, I just received a mailer from Grace To You, and showed my mom what the free offer was, Macarthur never ask for money and always gives you want ever is offered for free and that time. I got pretty offensive when she compared him to being like all those others who want a gift offering, just trying to profit. People like Fredrick Price, in which she loves, comparing Macarthur to be like. It went south when she started to say that Price, goes through scripture and refers to other scriptures, meaning that he is biblical teacher. (not hear to debate or attack him, example only!) My point and question was, then How do you know that it is biblical? My mom saying "he is quoting scripture." My point was that believers wouldn't know they are false teachers in the pulpit, because they don't study for themselves! My mom doesn't go to church, she watches it at home. I personally don't feel that she is saved. I see no fruit in her life. I was trying to explain that believers need to examine everything according to scripture. Then my wife had to argue the point as well, I felt like I was and am alone. My mom and wife don't understand what I am going through in my spiritual walk. I am so desiring His holiness and to know Him and His power. I want to see the cross,not just in black in white, but to know it DEEP in my heart! I want to hate my sin, and see sin in my life and see how Jesus see's sin. I am just so tired of being "churched". I feel like I am losing my mind and know one understands what I am feeling and going through. I am not trying to police the evangelical world. Just my life.

I really need some counsel, Am I wrong to desire this, or should I even bother?

For His sake,
M

2007/7/24 18:48Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re: False teachers, Need some counsel???

This is a good read. It may help.

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=133]The Saint Must Walk Alone[/url]

2007/7/24 18:54Profile

reformer,

Another important link: [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=18046&forum=34&7]The Loneliness of the Christian - Tozer[/url]

Not everyone understands or sees things things the way you do. Your primary obligation is to worship God and bring [i]yourself[/i] into line with his precepts to the best of your ability.

You can't force-feed what you see and believe to others.

2007/7/24 19:23
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re:

Reformer,

"I have come to bring fire upon the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! But I have a baptism to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is completed! Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother in law against daughter in law and daugher in law against mother in law."

Luke 49:53

These are the words of our Lord and Savior. I hope they bring you understanding in this difficult time.

Murray

2007/7/24 22:00Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Brother Reformer,
May this verse bless you
Psalm 27:10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.

2007/7/24 22:16Profile
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

m

My council is to PRAY
For insight and wisdom for yourself
For discernment for your wife and mother

Blessings Greg

2007/7/24 23:41Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

I can totally relate. my parents aren't saved, but my mom seems to think she is. I'm not sure about my husband, he is at least attending church again, and I just keep praying that God will start a fire in his soul for HIM. I have things in my life that I am trying to get away from. I'm with you! I want to be Holy and blameless, I want conviction and a walk so close that I cannot even think of turning off the path without realizing I am turning...my husband doesn't understand why I want to go into the other room instead of watching tv with him. he thinks i'm avoiding him...

the messages the others have given are good ones. I'll pray for you.

2007/7/25 10:45Profile
reformer

Re:

Quote:
doesn't understand why I want to go into the other room instead of watching tv with him. he thinks i'm avoiding him...

Appreciate the words of encouragement! Everyone has been a wonderful. My wife, doesn't understand why I want to stay up when she goes to bed and pray or why I choose to get up early. She doesn't know why I want to know more and love HIM more. I just don't get it! I can understand the frustration, when you desire your spouse or husband to have the same fire. I can only imagine what we could do for the Lord together if we shared the same passion! I will pray for you too!

PS
I was born in Flint, MI, lived in Burton until I was 22 yrs old.

2007/7/25 11:11Profile

I am not familiar with "grace to you" mailer or macarther. I have watched Fredrick Price enough to know we don't share the same interpretation of God's Word in many areas. We can get much insight from our spiritual heros but it can work against us if we put to much confidence in anyone in an earthly ministry if they are in error or later fall prey to the devil in their walk. We can see from God's Word he provides spiritual leaders and people to speak HIS WORD and the devil also has people who distort HIS WORD just as he did in the garden of eden. Did God really say" and we must be careful to discern which is which.
His Word is light unto our feet and a lamp unto our pathway. Weigh everthing with the Word.

Prov 3:5-9
5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.
9 Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:
KJV

2 Tim 4:3-4
3 For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

What is sound doctrine?
1 Tim 1:9-11
10 for adulterers and perverts, for slave traders and liars and perjurers-and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine 11 that conforms to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.

Titus 1:10-16
10 For there are many rebellious people, mere talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision group. 11 They must be silenced, because they are ruining whole households by teaching things they ought not to teach-and that for the sake of dishonest gain. 12 Even one of their own prophets has said, "Cretans are always liars, evil brutes, lazy gluttons." 13 This testimony is true. Therefore, rebuke them sharply, so that they will be sound in the faith 14 and will pay no attention to Jewish myths or to the commands of those who reject the truth. 15 To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted. 16 They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.

Titus 2:10-14
10 Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.
11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
KJV

Eph 5:6-11

6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
9(For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)
10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
KJV
2 Tim 3:16-17
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV

2007/7/25 12:07
reformer

Re:

Quote:
We can get much insight from our spiritual heros but it can work against us if we put to much confidence in anyone in an earthly ministry if they are in error or later fall prey to the devil in their walk.

I agree with that quote. We can't hold spiritual hero's above reproof. We are just a mere vapor, here and then gone. But who are the spiritual hero's of today? It seems to me that those men are in a slow decline. Remember Paul, said to imitate him; I think we should draw off those proven men of God for helping us be equipped and to be an example. There is just to much of a postmodern way of having church today. Everything is permissible. I am always praying for discernment. I also appreciate those scriptures, they are right on the money.

Thanks
Mm

2007/7/25 15:32Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy