SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : UK Official: Worst Floods In Modern History

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 UK Official: Worst Floods In Modern History

[b]UK Official: Worst Floods In Modern History[/b]

There have been mass evacuations across central and southern England as Britain suffers its worst flooding in living memory.
Tens of thousands of people are without electricity or clean water, and thousands of homes have been flooded.

Water levels are not expected to peak for another 24 to 36 hours. At their height, some rivers will be more than 20ft higher than normal.

Two of Britain's major rivers - the Avon and the Severn - have already burst their banks. ...

read more: http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1276465,00.html

2007/7/24 14:29Profile
adamdawkins

Re: UK Official: Worst Floods In Modern History

I was at a prophetic meeting some time ago where it was stated that many prophets across the world had felt London was under judgment for 50 days (on the 50th day we had bomb attacks on London) and later that there would be terrible flooding in London, the belief was 'soon' and probably 2007. What's interesting is we've got the floods, but not in London.

One thing is for sure regardless of that specific prophecy, we are under judgment. London was near pitch black at midday last week.

2007/7/24 14:44Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
London was near pitch black at midday last week.

???

2007/7/24 14:49Profile
adamdawkins

Re:

Well, I should qualify it.

There was a picture in the newspaper of London at midday, so dark all cars had lights on etc. I wouldn't say 'pitch black' as the newspaper could have probably added to this - I can't find the image right now though sorry!

2007/7/24 14:54Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Thank you brother

2007/7/24 15:19Profile
adamdawkins

Re:

Our nation needs prayer so much. We have wealth, we have so many things - but spiritually our children have more rib-cages showing than any nation, "a faithful man who can find", and "everyone did what was right in his own eyes" - meanwhile the church sleeps.

Please pray saints!

2007/7/24 15:31Profile
suzy

Devon, England

Re:

The Bishop of Carlisle said that the floods are a judgment from God on the moral decay in England, not just a lack of respect for the planet. Interestingly, these comments were made when the north of England was flooded, before the floods that came this last weekend. This link will give you the article.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/07/01/nflood201.xml

A pity this comment did not come from the Archbishop of Canterbury, but good to get a comment from someone in the official church in England. O that people would heed his words, rather than mock. Christians certainly need to pray for this godless society in which we live.

Suzy

2007/7/24 17:54Profile
coffee

Re:

Interesting that more than one person is saying this about the flooding ....

Jerry Golden of Israel :
Once again God is speaking to the British,

They are not listening.

Today’s Jerusalem Post had headlines that said British Lords’ report: EU should avoid “undesirably rigid” approach toward Hamas. Europe is said to be a Godless Europe and Christianity is hard to find there these days, but Mosques can now be found everywhere. There was a time just over 66 years ago (1939) when these British Lords’ said that there were to many Jews trying to immigrate into what was then called “Palestine” and under British control, it was a time that Jews were running for their lives to escape the Nazi murders who killed over 6,000,000 of us including most of my family.

It’s also interesting to note that it was over 60 years ago since such flooding and destruction by floods has occurred in the UK. I heard today on CNN that it has been over 60 years since Britain has seen floods like this, and the worse is yet to come. Tens of thousands of homes have been destroyed and evacuated. Many thousands of businesses have been shut down and the economy has come to a standstill. When you consider the headlines of the Jerusalem Post today it should bring to memory something called the British White Paper that caused so many Jews to be sent back to Germany and other places to be put in Hitler’s death camps. Because the British said only 10,000 Jews a year would now be allowed to enter the Holy Land in order to protect the Arab population. The White Paper Declaration canceled the Balfour Declaration of 1917 and stopped Jewish immigration to their home land.

It is most interesting to note that 60 years has passed, 6 being the number God deals with mankind. That as soon as the British Government passed the White Paper they had the worse flooding in their history and now with the British Government once again turning on Israel and the Jews they once again are faced with the same flooding and destruction of 66 years ago, and the weather forecast says the worse is yet to come. Gen. 12:3 is a lesson the British haven’t learned but God is not finished with His lesson yet.

As anti-Semitism rises its ugly head again in Europe and the Islamic murders take more and more control by threat and terrorism the general public comes closer every day to blaming the Jews and the nation of Israel for all their terrorist problems. Not unlike the same propaganda Hitler used in the 30’s and 40’s to turn the people against the Jews while the most important factor always being left out, God and His promises in regards to His people the Jews, Gen. 12:3.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1184766045444&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Your Sister in Jesus,
Coffee

2007/7/24 18:01Profile

Re: UK Official: Worst Floods In Modern History

The 1947 floodmark is still visible on a street in Windsor beside the Thames. I didn't think I would live to see such a flood as then, but now I'm not so sure. (Windsor is west of London.)

Yesterday, I had to cross the flood (at about 6" deep there) to collect someone from southern Gloucestershire, the obvious motorway route advertising to avoid a certain section of motorway, which would have been on my route of first choice (M5). What impressed me was that the warnings were so close to my home town, at least fifty miles away ... my point being, I can't remember [i]such[/i] foresight by those repsonible for those matrix signs. I mean, what it communicated to me was ... they [i] really[/i] don't want any more people getting stranded by floodwater if they can avoid it.... this is [i]serious[/i]. As it was, I had gone out slightly equipped for trouble, but actually had a very easy journey and praised the Lord for it. He had laid on my heart the route I should take, where I drove through only one shallow stretch of water.

The person I collected had, the previous evening, been driven through two feet of water which had gathered in a road they had used on their outward journey, in the couple of hours they had been out.

There is a natural rise and fall even on rivers a long way from the sea. This is what makes the outcome of these overfull rivers so very uncertain. The centre of Gloucester came to only 2" from overflowing during last night.

I was interested also, to pass a place called Thameshead. This connects Gloucestershire with London more directly, perhaps.

adamdawkins said

Quote:
What's interesting is we've got the floods, but not in London

Brother,

But the Thames is close to breaking its banks in Berkshire. People have been given time off work to lay sandbags.

There is another geological change of which you may not be aware - that the water table under London has been rising for at least twenty years. Many buildings have had to install pumps to keep their basements dry, from the local artesian wells. This rise (I think it is about 12 feet now) will make some difference to how London copes if the Thames overflows [i]there[/i].

I am just listening to a news report telling us that the Thames is flooding in the western side of Oxford city centre and they are losing electricity.

The weather for the next few days includes more rain, particularly on Wednesday and Thursday.

2007/7/24 19:19
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Wow, all the Englishman now come out of their closets! Alright mates, I sense that most people here in Britain who are not affected by the floods take it with stoic indifference. However, if we loose a football match against another nation, there is weeping in the streets. I agree that we are a nation under judgement. No other nation on the face of the earth had so wonderful moves of God in the centuries past. No other nation produced so many men and women of God that blessed Christendom at home and abroad and birthed churches in foreign lands.
Where are we now? I am actually flabberghasted why God is so patient with us and has foiled so many terrorist coups saving us from greater desasters.He could have dealt with us much harsher.

His patience with us makes me feel ashamed and humbled. I think he wants to give us more time to repent.

Philip from London

2007/7/24 20:18Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy