SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Billy Graham & Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Billy Graham & Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God

In the Fall of 1949, at the height of his famous Los Angeles "Canvas Cathedral" Crusade, Billy Graham preached [i]Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God[/i]. That night, America's most famous sermon was preached by the man who was to become America's most famous evangelist. This was no ordinary revival meeting!

The Jonathan Edwards Center has worked with the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and the Billy Graham Center to secure permission to produce a digital exhibit on this remarkable event. For the first time ever, the public can hear selections of the recording of Billy Graham's rendition of [i]Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God[/i]. They are exclusively available for a limited time in streaming audio on our website.

In addition to the audio selections, we have digital videos of expert analysis from Dr. Harry S. Stout and Dr. Kenneth P. Minkema, read-along comparative transcriptions of the audio selections with Edwards' original text in black and Graham's words in red, and an in-depth scholarly article on the preaching event by Lilly Fellow Andrew Finstuen.

This is a don't-miss collection on a fascinating event in American religious history!

[url=http://edwards.yale.edu/graham/]The Jonathan Edwards Center[/url]

2007/7/24 8:15Profile
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Re: Billy Graham & Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God

The Jonathan Edwards Center at YALE???
Who knew??? :-P

Thanks, Interesting post

2007/7/24 9:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy