SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Salvation testimonies that include "...God was on my case!" etc.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
intrcssr83

Logan City, Queensland, Australia

Salvation testimonies that include "...God was on my case!" etc.

Hi all,

There's been a lot of talk lately about the theology of salvation (and what scripture says about it), specifically things such as regeneration, justification by faith/works, etc.

But there's one practical curiosity that I think should be considered. We've probably seen/heard it at least once, but it goes something like this:

You hear someone give their testimony regarding how they came to Christ. It follows your standard before+after pattern of the old life followed by the new, yet in between it contains how there was a degree of stuggle and hesitation with sin, unbelief and the like until they finally "give in" .

Now, I understand that some people hastily can make a decision for Christ resulting from coercion on the part of over-zealous evangelists wherein the eventual result turns out turns out to be a false conversion as the proclaimation of faith was forced via the flesh and not the Spirit.

However there are no doubt cases wherein there seems to be some form of pre-conversion experiences which eventually lead to the point of a full committal.

Thoughts and opinions?
(Links to such testimonies as well as your own are welcome too).

2007/7/23 19:29Profile

Re: Salvation testimonies that include "...God was on my case!" etc.

Quote:
Now, I understand that some people hastily can make a decision for Christ resulting from coercion on the part of over-zealous evangelists wherein the eventual result turns out turns out to be a false conversion as the proclaimation of faith was forced via the flesh and not the Spirit.

An mp3 recording of an evangelist, A.W. Tozer, was the trigger to my Spirit Baptism.

But the Holy Ghost worked on me for years - the more I sinned, the more I read the Bible. The more I read the Bible, the more my secular life as a womanizing bartender became a living hell.

Over the course of a few years, I became more withdrawn and contemplative, read my Bible more regularily, regretted things more when I sinned, and eventually chanced upon SermonIndex and a recording of A.W. Tozer.

I think God chose me more than I chose Him. I had no one on the outside urging me on to Jesus.

2007/7/23 22:01

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy