SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : I am justified by works, and not by faith alone.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re: If we are indeed deceived, we need help...

Thank you brother, I needed that :-D

2007/7/25 2:35Profile

Re:

Quote:
Penitence is not Repentance. Godly sorrow leads to repentance, that is, turning from sin, stopping sin, ceasing to sin

Amen. Repentance is not confession. Repentance is not mere sorrow. But repentance is to forsake sin from your heart, it is to TURN AWAY from it and to turn to Jesus Christ.

And without true heart repentance, there is no salvation. God has grace for every sin that one chooses to turned away from, but God has wrath for every sin that one chooses to remain in. The heart must forsake all sin in order for God's justifying grace to be granted.

2007/7/25 2:40
rookie

Re:

Brother Ormly wrote:

Quote:
I am speaking of those righteous, justified by faith in [a] God whose name they did not know and obviously, who never heard of Jesus Christ

Would you site some Scripture so I know to whom you are refering to here?

God Bless
In Christ
Jeff

2007/7/25 19:35Profile

Re:

Quote:

rookie wrote:
Brother Ormly wrote:

Quote:
I am speaking of those righteous, justified by faith in [a] God whose name they did not know and obviously, who never heard of Jesus Christ

Would you site some Scripture so I know to whom you are refering to here?

God Bless
In Christ
Jeff

Anyone who recognized there was a God and lived in such "light", to whatever degree, unto a righteousness acceptable to God. The Gentiles, who lived worldwide, had no written law and knew nothing of the Hebrews or their God, yet God holds them accountable. Why? How could He if, in some way they could not see Him manifested at least by/in nature? Were they born again? No, of course not. Were they justified? Yes, if they had faith that what they believed was so and lived accordingly in that faith to whatever degree. God knows the heart and judges it so knowone escapes His view.

"Therefore, having been justified by faith, we [now] have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" Romans 5:1 (NKJV)

[emphasis mine]

This could have been written by such a redeemed Gentile soul from lower timbuctoo who, having died, pleasantly waited in paradise for the arrival of Jesus to set him free.

2007/7/26 9:32

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy