SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Dr. Ron Paul, Next Christian President?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

We may not a christian choice in 08.
Just write in Jesus. His authority is supreme anyway, just everyone don't know it yet. Reckon we need to tell em. I guess that would be street preaching right!!!!

Col 1:18-20
18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

2007/7/23 18:11

Re:

I own a lot of guns, and I am a licensed firearms instructor. There are very strong reasons why guns are in the Bill of Rights: A man with a gun is a citizen... a man without a gun is a subject.

Our founding fathers knew that the key to our freedom was first of all devotion to God... and the ownership of guns. Thomas Jefferson even stated that the American people should overthrow the government every 15 to 20 years, just to keep it honest.

The Declaration of Independence even spells out for us that when a government no longer serves the people, the people have an [b]obligation[/b] to severe the ties between them and the government.

That is why guns are in the Bill of Rights.

Now, I do not think the average citizen needs to have an Uzi. There needs to be common sense.

I dont care how Britain views our ownership of guns... England is on the verge of collapse because it is overrun with Muslims. We certainly have our problems with them being here too... but one of the main reasons they havent been as "active" here as there is because they know there are people like me who wont just sit back and take it.

What happens when you have a "gun free" zone? Look at Virginia Tech. A gunman is free to roam the campus and shoot whoever he wants because no one can stop him.

Certainly there are flaws in the system. This kid never should have been able to buy a gun... but it wasnt the law that failed... it was the goof-ball physchiatrists who didnt report his "condition" to the proper authorities.

Sure, some fall thru the cracks... but I would rather have that happen (falling thru the cracks, I mean... not the murders) than to have a completely unarmed citizenry that is at the mercy of not only the criminals who will still have guns... but also a government who can then force it's will and abuse it's power.

And by the way... there are more uses for guns than just killing people. I'm sick of hearing that. It's absolutely untrue.

There are plenty of shooting sports. The Boy Scouts and 4-H have incredible shooting sports programs that involve shotguns, rifles, archery, etc. Around here there are different rodeo type events that involve horsemanship and shooting. It's a skill sport. There is nothing wrong with that.

And lets not forget about hunting!

Way more people are killed in America with automobiles than guns... ban the cars first.

Krispy

2007/7/23 18:32

Re:

Quote:
I dont care how Britain views our ownership of guns... England is on the verge of collapse because it is overrun with Muslims. We certainly have our problems with them being here too... but one of the main reasons they havent been as "active" here as there is because they know there are people like me who wont just sit back and take it.

Ugh. Back to "my country can beat up your country"?

Well, America may have produced Bill O'Reilly and Britain made Mr. Bean...

But Canada birthed Celine Dion!

So, la-di-da! Hehe.

2007/7/23 18:55

Re:

Quote:
Ugh. Back to "my country can beat up your country"?

No it has nothing to do with that at all. England is our greatest friend. But in England gun ownership is non-existant, and thats why their crime rate is astronomical.

In Australia they outlawed gun ownership a few years back, and their crime rate went thru the roof.

See, when you outlaw guns, the only people who obey the laws are the law abiding citizens. Who still has guns? The criminals.

9 times out 10 in America when someone lunatic commits a gun crime you hear everyone yelling for more gun laws. Well, I got news for you... usually the criminal broke about 15 gun laws when he committed the crime. More gun laws do not solve the problem.

In Kennesaw, Georgia they passed a law a few years ago making it [b]mandatory[/b] for all Kennesaw residences to own a gun. It's a law that they dont enforce because the town leaders actually practice a little something called "common sense", understanding that not all citizens are comfortable with guns.

However, the crime rate [b]dropped[/b] to almost ZERO in less than a year, and it's remained there ever sense. It's one of the safest places in America to live... and 90% of the population owns guns. 20/20 even did a piece on Kennesaw after the Virginia Tech shootings.

If you're a burglar, are you going to break into a house in a town where you know that 90% of the citizens own guns? Uhmmm... let me think about this one... hmmm... NO.

And this statistic is true of just about every place where there are a lot of legal gun owners.

I cant stand Bill O'Reilly or Celine Dion... I dont know what they have to do with anything.

This is not a "tougher than you are" issue. It's silly to try and make it one.

The fact is, those who exercise their right to not own guns, and to yell and carry on about those who do can always rely on those of us who do to protect your rights.

Your welcome. :-)

Krispy

PS... Corey, just noticed you're Canadian. Sorry bud, I cant protect you. You're on your own! LOL

2007/7/24 7:28

Re:

Krispy wrote

Quote:
England is on the verge of collapse because it is overrun with Muslims.

:-) What?

'overrun'? I hardly think so... and I'm sorry if I've had anything to do with giving you that impression.

Quote:
But in England gun ownership is non-existant, and thats why their crime rate is astronomical.

Again.... What? 'non-existant'...... 'astronomical'.....?

Brother, you know I love you, so, I have to say that I think you've over-egged the above three puddings.

The main reason there is a crime problem anywhere, is not the lack of gun ownership, but the lack of new hearts and a turning of people's minds by those with their ear, to point them to a Saviour from eternal condemnation. The continual trend of governments towards religious tolerance, which we know will soon begin to compromise our Christian religious freedom (for the lack which many have been dying for centuries), is the other side of this truth.

As I heard an English bishop of the Church of England say recently (Please remember, there [i]is[/i] an association of evangelical Anglicans led by Anglican clergy who do [i]understand[/i] the gospel.) that the real danger to Christianity is not those seeking freedom of religious practice, but the Secularists, who want to 'banish from the public square, any rumour of God'. I was struck by this precise and truthful analysis. I remember the days when it was considered 'intellectually unrespectable' to admit one believed 'in God', over here.

A detailed discussion of the links between politics and recorded crime anywhere, is superfluous, surely. But I was interested in this:

'... Thomas Jefferson even stated that the American people should overthrow the government every 15 to 20 years, just to keep it honest.

The Declaration of Independence even spells out for us that when a government no longer serves the people, the people have an [b]obligation[/b] to severe the ties between them and the government.'

My association with an English Literature student(which y'all know I've mentioned before), caused me to begin to read Leviathan, by Thomas Hobbes (17th century), and it is remarkable how exactly your voting system for President still follows his proposals - for which he was branded an atheist, incidentally.

My point is, that he sought to give each adult a way of delegating [i]their authority[/i] to a single head of state, thereby willingly subjecting themselves to that head's choices. Earlier, (16th century) something similar had been discussed philosophically by a French writer. Now, having disposed of 'monarchy' as we see it in the Bible (so we think!), we still believe God chooses our leaders for us, or, lets us have leaders who will correct our foolish ways, to turn our hearts back to Him, as He did with the Hebrews in Egypt.

This has been discussed here on SI in many different ways, and I hope we all now see, that whether we vote or not, if we actually [i]believe[/i] God gives us our rulers, then as Tyndale puts it so eloquently in the prologue to the books of the Old Testament which he had time to translate (now published by Yale)

'... Even so if any of God's children be hurt by any of his brthren, he may not avenge himself with hand or heart. God must avenge. And the governors and ministers of the law that God hath ordained to rule us by concerning our outward conversation of one with another, they must avenge. If they will not avenge, but rather maintain wrong and be opressors themselves, then must we tarry patiently till God come, which is ever ready to reap tyrants off the face of the earth, as soon as their sins are ripe.

Consider also what wrath, vengeance, and plagues God threateneth to them that are rebellious and disobedient.

Then go to and read the stories of the bible for they learning and comfort, and see every thing practised before thine eyes: for according to those examples shall it go with thee and all men until the world's end...'

I don't know where this leaves the right to bear arms, but I see in it a scripturally supportable stance which promotes my highest aspirations... in other words, that I might be willing to die for my Lord, rather than compromise over truth.

Mr Paul would need God's overcoming help to win in the face of all that will be thrown at him and his supporters, as his campaign moves on.

2007/7/24 11:44

Re:

No surprise, my dear sister... I disagree with you.

Well, actually, I agree with this part:

Quote:
The main reason there is a crime problem anywhere, is not the lack of gun ownership, but the lack of new hearts and a turning of people's minds by those with their ear, to point them to a Saviour from eternal condemnation.

In a perfect world, all would come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and love one another. Since scripture makes it clear that this will never happen... I will do what I have to do to protect those whom God has entrusted to me. And I will (and have done so) fight to preserve what few freedoms we have left in this country. It's an American patriotism that few outside our borders understand. I know it's fashionable on this forum to complain about all that is wrong with America... and there is plenty wrong... but the fact is I wouldnt want to live anywhere else in the world. (Unless of course God called me to live somewhere else... which up until now He hasnt). I've seen most of the world... those Americans who complain the loudest about America have never lived outside of America.

I'm gonna get flamed now for showing my red, white & blue side... but believe it or not, it's possible to be a Patriot and still love Jesus. Thank God most of Founding Fathers thought so too. (And please dont post about how they were "deists"... very few were. Most were born again Bible believers. You've swallowed the Public School lies...)

Krispy

2007/7/24 13:16

Re:

Quote:
England is our greatest friend.

I thought Canada was your best friend! Longest undefended border in the world, and all...

p.s. I'm not a big O'Reilly fan nor a Dion fan. Just thought the names would fit.

2007/7/24 14:25
adamdawkins

Re:

Well Krispy, we disagree at last ;)

Crime may be astronomical in Britain, but it's not gun related. The fact is, you need guns in America, because you have guns in America.

The 'gunfree' zone proved my point. I've never heard of a UK school shooting, and all of our schools are gun-free!

As for the constitution, regardless of the faith of the founding fathers - the American constitution is based on liberalism, which ultimately boils down to "every man can do what is right in his own eyes" - I studied the US Constitution. We escaped the rise of Liberalism in the UK because while France had the Revolution we had a Revival - but sadly, we've now caught up. Patriotism isn't wrong, but I don't know one truly Godly constitution or institution in World politics today.

"A man with a gun is a citizen, a man without a gun is a subject"

Well, technically we're all subjects in the UK, because we have a Monarch - oh well.

2007/7/24 15:25Profile

Re:

Quote:
I thought Canada was your best friend! Longest undefended border in the world, and all...

Thats cuz we're all armed! And y'all know it! ;-)

Hey, you did give us Paul Brandt. He's kinda cool. (Canadian country music singer and born again Christian)

Krispy

2007/7/24 16:26

Re:

Quote:
Well, technically we're all subjects in the UK, because we have a Monarch...

I like Monarchs. My wife has a butterfly bush outside our dining room window and it's cool to see those little butterflies come around.

God save the Queen (and I dont mean Freddy Mercury!)

Krispy

2007/7/24 16:29

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy