SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Voices in the Coming Storm

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Voices in the Coming Storm

I just wanted to post some sermon notes I took, I was greatly encouraged, I hope they will be an encouragement to someone here...

Isa_24:10-14 A day of confusion is coming on the whole earth. We live in a city of confusion today. Things around us are rapidly deteriorating in all areas of society.

There are terrible storms coming. God will raise voices in the midst of these storms, will we be among those voices?

Mar_6:45-52 The disciples had just witnessed the feeding of thousands. They are fighting hard to fulfill what Jesus asked them to do but they are being opposed by a storm and even by their own lack of understanding of who Christ is. Trying to win the battle in their own strength.

Jesus comes walking on top of everything they are fighting against! He has already overcome their troubles and fears. Oh Jesus, you who are walking on every storm of my life, bring strength to walk with you in that victory!

God called Gideon a mighty man of valor while he was threshing grain in a winepress. He sees beyond our present situation, He sees what we will become.

Jesus always asks the disciples why they had no faith when they were crossing the storms of life. Oh God stir faith in our hearts! Prepare our hearts now as we watch and pray, keep us in the hour of temptation.

2Co_11:23-27 2Co_1:8-10 Paul's testimony is one of incredible storms but there is no defeat, he's been delivered and has great faith, he's pursuaded, every deliverance has resulted in a greater voice of faith in Paul so that later, in the midst of a shipwreck, Paul could stand on the deck of the ship and say "I believe God. I'm not confused, I know where we're going." This is the voice of faith in the storm. Act_27:25

The storms we go through in daily life prepare us so that whatever storms may come down the road our voices will be raised to point others to an inexhaustible supply.

Examples of voices in the coming storm, the unseen warriors;

1)The single mother who trusted God for her daily supply for many years. She has a song of praise in her heart now.

2) The struggler, one who has struggled spiritually and known much failure but he never let go of God and has found God to be faithful.

3) The person who has been through weeping and heartache, sorrow and dissapointment, but God has been working His strength in them through it all. Now through experience their is a strong confidence in God and an intimate knowledge of His faithfulness.

Let the Lord cause you to need Him. He will have a voice in these days and it will be yours.

2007/7/21 17:27Profile
rlh

oklahoma

Re: Voices in the Coming Storm

thank you for posting this it has blessed me and i pray Gods blessing upon you!

2007/7/22 1:43Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Thank you RLH

In Christ,

Ron

2007/9/3 12:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy