SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Please pray for my boss

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Danielle, are there any updates on Charles?

2007/12/25 23:44
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

Several days ago we got word that he had been moved out of ICU and back into a regular room, for which we were very thankful.

Thanks for praying.

2007/12/26 5:14Profile

Re:

Quote:

BrokenOne wrote:
Several days ago we got word that he had been moved out of ICU and back into a regular room, for which we were very thankful.

Thanks for praying.

Praise the Lord.

Thanks for the update; I'll keep praying.

2007/12/26 9:49
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re: back into a regular room

Sis,

I see that you are up at the crack of dawn. I have prayed for your boss, and hope that he is much better at this point. Is there an update.

BTW I have been quite a few times to one of the hospitals in your area over the past few years with my child/grandchild who has CP... Our Lady of the Lake and met some fine physicians there... but it has always been the dependance upon the GREAT PHYSCIAN that has yeilded the most precious fruit.

Clint

2007/12/27 6:16Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

Broclint,

How it blesses my heart every time someone inquires about Charles! I was out of the office yesterday at a client’s, but I got an email from one of the partners that he called and was having a good day. He is still fighting the GVHD and we are very encouraged whenever we get any little bit of good news.

When Charles was first diagnosed with cancer 5 years ago, I was devastated. He really is a very sincere brother in the Lord and when I first got this news there was the unavoidable question – WHY??? I sat down with my Bible and prayed “God, I really need an answer. I’m staying right here until I get one.” And He so wonderfully spoke to me from Philippians 1:12

But I want you to know, brethren, that the things which happened to me have actually turned out for the furtherance of the gospel

When I looked up that word “furtherance” I saw that it means “pioneer advance”. And over the years I have seen the grace of God reach people through Charles’ illness who were previous closed to the message of Christ. And in this I rejoice.

Quote:
BTW I have been quite a few times to one of the hospitals in your area over the past few years with my child/grandchild who has CP

Cerebral Palsy? I didn’t know the Lake specialized in treating this. The hospital is actually about 5 minutes from my workplace. Sometime when ya’ll are here, if it would be possible, I’d love to meet you and your wife up at the hospital for a few moments of fellowship over a cup of coffee.

Quote:
I see that you are up at the crack of dawn

I see that you are as well!! I go to work early and I always check in at SI while the coffee’s brewing. There is very much a sense of connectedness for me to many of the people here.

P.S. – I am praying for your grandchild.

2007/12/27 6:58Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re: praying for your grandchild

Thank you so much for that!!

I had to be gone today and did not see your post till this PM.

I will certainly let you know the next time we are in your fair city... however, thank God we have not been in the hospital for a few months now. Actually Jordan is an 8 year old little boy that has Cerebral Palsy secondary to other health issues... it is a long story that probably would take too much time and space to go into in a public forum. But he is my oldest daughter's child. I also have custody of two of his siblings a precious 14 year old girl and an 11 year old boy.

The pulmonologist that used to see Jordan here in Monroe moved to BR and since he knew Jordan so well and was such an excellent doctor we continued seeing him.

In regard to "furtherance of the gospel", I can relate to what you are saying. God does truly work in mysterious ways His wonders to perform. Many times that way is a way of suffering for some folk. The scripture that has meant a lot to me and has proved true so many times is:
2 Corinthians 1:3 - 4 (NKJV) 3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

My oldest grandson died of cancer right before his 13th birthday (and I am not saying that for sympathy) but he had such a wonderful testimony for Christ for those 4 years of battling his condition. God so used him that he was able to minster more in those short years than many do in a lifetime.

Paul said:
Philippians 1:20 (KJV) 20According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.

May God help me to keep that resolve, because it is all His anyway...

Again, I am so thankful for this site and thankful for a fellow Louisianian ?sp on here :-)

edit: I wanted to add in that description of Jordan regarding the quote "but God"... 8 years ago when we were in the hospital here, one of the doctors drew me aside and gave me this speech about how poor the prognosis was for Jordan "very poor... very poor" were his words. Another doctor was standing not very far away and heard the whole conversation. A few minutes later he came and put his hand on my shoulder and asked me, "Grandad, how are you doing?" I said, "After that, not too good!" He said, "Well, he made it overnight and we did not expect him too, and now he has made it for three days... and there is always God!" I will never, ever forget that comforting hand and that encouraging word.
There is INDEED, always God. It has been 8 years now and so many milestones. God always has the last WORD!

Clint

2007/12/27 17:24Profile

Re:

Brother Clint and Danielle, thank you both for your words between each other. They've flowed back here. Are all folks from LA like you both? I'll move there. :-)

Now I will copy and paste both of these posts of yours for prayer and selfishly, even for encouragement.

Charles and Jordan - Dear GOD Bless them, in Jesus' Holy Name. Amen!

Thank you both again and may He always let you know He's Near.

His Love to you both.

~ with a tear.

2007/12/27 19:17
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

Annie,

Quote:
Are all folks from LA like you both? I'll move there.

Let me know when you’re coming and we’ll have a crawfish boil in your honor. Right broclint?

2007/12/27 22:28Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

Broclint,

I’m so sorry for your loss and that you have to go through health issues with another grandchild. There is nothing quite so excruciating as watching a child who is close to your heart suffering. But I am quite sure that you have had some tremendous experiences with the Lord through all of this. He wastes nothing. Romans 8:28 – all things. This verse has helped me through quite a few difficult times.

I find it absolutely tremendous to watch how God uses Charles in the midst of his illness, just like with your grandson. When he is at MD Anderson, he goes to other people’s rooms when he can to visit and pray with them and share a word of encouragement. I learn much by watching his example.

Thank you for all those verses you shared. Another one that is a favorite of mine for keeping things in perspective is this one;

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal. 2 Corinthians 2:16-18

Quote:
God always has the last WORD!

AMEN!!

2007/12/27 22:29Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re:sorry for your loss

Sister Danielle,

Thank you for your words and for THE WORD.

As far as loss... really I have gained. I have one that I am certain of that is awaiting me that left me with nothing but the most precious memories, not ever one time asking "why me?" but rather "why not me?". That was the way he lived and that was the way he died, and I confess that he was far more of a hero to me than a lot of folks that have lived a lots longer.

As for the other child, Jordan,... I am confident that however long or short he may live, I will see him in perfect health when all this illusory life of temporary sorrows is over because he has never learned to be "wise knowing good and evil" and has never learned to be disobedient in anything. He also has been a precious teacher to me. I have learned patience, unconditional love, appreciation for small things that are SO BIG... I could not begin to tell you how God has used this precious little child that came into my life when he was only a couple of months old totally dependant, but totally grateful for the smallest things, so loving, so uncomplicated with jealousy and resentment and so many things that are so rampant in the world around us.

I could write volumes here but I will not... Let's just say that God has opened doors of ministry through him... nurses, doctors, home health people... My morning or whenever greeting regardless of how he feels is a smile that more than pays for whatever complications the day may bring.

The other children are richer for the experiences we have had... and I have said too much already... but just to say:
Proverbs 10:22 (NKJV) 22 The blessing of the Lord makes one rich, And He adds no sorrow with it.

Sin and the world brings sorrow... but the blessings that God brings, is "hope in spite of sorrow, and comfort for the soul".

I know this thread was and is about prayer for your boss, and I apologize for getting carried away here :-( .

I will continue to pray for him, his family and you during this time...

And for Sister Annie, Thank you so much for your precious post...

Regarding the crawfish boil: I would be delighted to put the water on the fire for the "mudbugs"... as far as that matter, wouldn't it be a delight to have the SI gang come to LA (and that ain't Los Angeles) for a next Revival Conference?

What I am really praying for however is that LA has a revival/awakening that others have to come to see and be a part of.

Clint

2007/12/28 1:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy