SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : What can bring Revival? Is there anything we can do?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

What can bring Revival? Is there anything we can do?

What events could take place before revival can take place in an individual’s life or a nation? To get to that answer we must go to God’s Word. One passage that sheds must light on this subject is

2 Chron 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
KJV
“Which are called by my name” You would think he is talking about the church, the saved; the people have received the Spirit of promise, sealed with HIS SPIRIT. Notice it is conditional “if” if we do what, humble ourselves. How do we that? Understand we are helpless without Him and HIS provision. But is that all, next line is pray; when we realize how helpless we are we will pray and seek HIS face. We know from Heb 11:6 he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

What does it mean to seek HIS face? To see HIS glory even if it is from the backside. In order for us to see HIS GLORY, he must hide us in the cleft of the ROCK, who is that ROCK, Jesus.

But the question is what event might cause this take place? And if I might add, HE is in control, nothing happens unless HE allows it and we know from HIS WORD what he wants to do. Eph 3:20

When we look back at church history we see a possible answer. I have a post on News and current events that probably should belong here see below.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=17406&forum=48&20

2007/7/20 9:01

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy