SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : OPEN AIR PREACHING

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

The overall theme that I am getting from this thread, is the issue of unction and consistency. Evangelists bringing the Gospel to sinners, by the power of the Spirit. Take one of these components away, and something is terribly amiss.

Amen.

2007/7/22 6:47Profile

Re:

I am totally in agreement we can get to the truth if we stay with each thread and the subject at hand. If you will notice when the scripture is given on each subject and thread it shines much light, the person does not shine the light but HIS WORD, when this happens, usually the one in error will change the subject or say God gave them some special revelation not contained in HIS written WORD are accuse one of not having enough of HIS SPIRIT to be able see what is not there. When you go back and read this thread it is not hard to see. I have seen it in other threads as well.
It will also occur when one is open air preaching. The Pharisees constantly tried to trap Jesus in the same way.
Mark 2:16-22
16 When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating with the "sinners" and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: "Why does he eat with tax collectors and 'sinners'?"

17 On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

18 Now John's disciples and the Pharisees were fasting. Some people came and asked Jesus, "How is it that John's disciples and the disciples of the Pharisees are fasting, but yours are not?"

19 Jesus answered, "How can the guests of the bridegroom fast while he is with them? They cannot, so long as they have him with them. 20 But the time will come when the bridegroom will be taken from them, and on that day they will fast.

21 "No one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment. If he does, the new piece will pull away from the old, making the tear worse. 22 And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the wine will burst the skins, and both the wine and the wineskins will be ruined. No, he pours new wine into new wineskins."
Mark 2:24-28
24 The Pharisees said to him, "Look, why are they doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?"

25 He answered, "Have you never read what David did when he and his companions were hungry and in need? 26 In the days of Abiathar the high priest, he entered the house of God and ate the consecrated bread, which is lawful only for priests to eat. And he also gave some to his companions."

27 Then he said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. 28 So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."

Mark 7:1-8
7:1 The Pharisees and some of the teachers of the law who had come from Jerusalem gathered around Jesus and 2 saw some of his disciples eating food with hands that were "unclean," that is, unwashed. 3(The Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they give their hands a ceremonial washing, holding to the tradition of the elders. 4 When they come from the marketplace they do not eat unless they wash. And they observe many other traditions, such as the washing of cups, pitchers and kettles.)

5 So the Pharisees and teachers of the law asked Jesus, "Why don't your disciples live according to the tradition of the elders instead of eating their food with 'unclean' hands?"

6 He replied, "Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written:

"'These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
7 They worship me in vain;
their teachings are but rules taught by men.'

8 You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men."
Mark 10:2-12

2 Some Pharisees came and tested him by asking, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?"

3 "What did Moses command you?" he replied.

4 They said, "Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of divorce and send her away."

5 "It was because your hearts were hard that Moses wrote you this law," Jesus replied. 6 "But at the beginning of creation God 'made them male and female.' 7'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.' So they are no longer two, but one. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."

10 When they were in the house again, the disciples asked Jesus about this. 11 He answered, "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. 12 And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery."

Mark 12:13-17

13 Later they sent some of the Pharisees and Herodians to Jesus to catch him in his words. 14 They came to him and said, "Teacher, we know you are a man of integrity. You aren't swayed by men, because you pay no attention to who they are; but you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. Is it right to pay taxes to Caesar or not? 15 Should we pay or shouldn't we?"

But Jesus knew their hypocrisy. "Why are you trying to trap me?" he asked. "Bring me a denarius and let me look at it." 16 They brought the coin, and he asked them, "Whose portrait is this? And whose inscription?"

"Caesar's," they replied.

17 Then Jesus said to them, "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's."

Luke 5:21-28

21 The Pharisees and the teachers of the law began thinking to themselves, "Who is this fellow who speaks blasphemy? Who can forgive sins but God alone?"

22 Jesus knew what they were thinking and asked, "Why are you thinking these things in your hearts? 23 Which is easier: to say, 'Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, 'Get up and walk'? 24 But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins. . . ." He said to the paralyzed man, "I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home." 25 Immediately he stood up in front of them, took what he had been lying on and went home praising God. 26 Everyone was amazed and gave praise to God. They were filled with awe and said, "We have seen remarkable things today."

27 After this, Jesus went out and saw a tax collector by the name of Levi sitting at his tax booth. "Follow me," Jesus said to him, 28 and Levi got up, left everything and followed him.

Luke 6:6-11
7 The Pharisees and the teachers of the law were looking for a reason to accuse Jesus, so they watched him closely to see if he would heal on the Sabbath. 8 But Jesus knew what they were thinking and said to the man with the shriveled hand, "Get up and stand in front of everyone." So he got up and stood there.

9 Then Jesus said to them, "I ask you, which is lawful on the Sabbath: to do good or to do evil, to save life or to destroy it?"

10 He looked around at them all, and then said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." He did so, and his hand was completely restored. 11 But they were furious and began to discuss with one another what they might do to Jesus.

2007/7/22 12:30

Re:

OK gang-

Just to recap what I learned on this thread. We should not evangelize using the good person test in the inner city on the sabbath day...

thanks all :0) be blessed, I think this has run its course, though I would like to study more on the sabbath in hte NT and early church. (in another thread)

Much love in Christ - Jim

2007/7/22 13:31

Re:

Quote:
The reason all people don't come to Jesus is devil has convinced them they are not spiritually sick and has blinded their eyes to eternity and to HIS LOVE and HIS WRATH. The truth reveals we all sick apart from HIM

Man is not spiritually sick, they are spiritually dead in their sins (eph 2). That is why we must use the harshness of the law so the spirit will raise their dead bones from the dead with the gospel.

2007/7/23 8:42

Re:

Yes perhaps I used the wrong word and did not go far enough with the explaination. As long as they are still breathing they have hope to be spiritually healed by the GREAT PHYSICIAN JESUS.

Jesus IS

2007/7/23 9:04
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

jimdied2sin wrote:
Just to recap what I learned on this thread. We should not evangelize using the good person test in the inner city on the sabbath day...

ROTFLOL... You're alright!!! I needed a good chuckle today. Thanks bro.

:-)

2007/7/23 9:12Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

jimdied2sin wrote:

:-P

2007/7/23 9:14Profile

Re:

it is the power of God that saves men by the proclaimation of the gospel. We don't need to change the message or make it modern/relevant. Preach the law to a sinner to show them their guilty before God. Then give the grace of the gospel to those who are humble and broken.

2007/7/23 13:38

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy