SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A New Country Song That Satan Must Be Proud Of

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Brother Adam... not to add to the list of things wrong with the Church of England (of course, the American Founding Fathers found much wrong with the COE too!), but ironically I received this in my email this morning...

[b]Church of England Documet Says Calling God "He"
Can Lead To Wife Abuse[/b]

[i]New Church of England guidelines for bishops and priests on the subject of domestic abuse warn that calling God "He" or "Lord" encourages men to beat their wives. The goofy guidelines, issued by the Archbishops' Council, urge pastors to make sure that sermons and hymns don't contain "uncritical use of masculine imagery." The document, which is fully endorsed by Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams, says: "Domestic abuse is fundamentally an abuse of power, and many conceptions of God derived from the Bible and the Christian tradition have portrayed divine power in unhealthy and potentially oppressive ways" ("Outcry," Daily Mail, Oct. 3, 2006).[/i]

To blame God the Father and the Bible for man's sin is feminism and apostasy run wild. "The foolishness of man perverteth his way: and his heart fretteth against the LORD" (Proverbs 19:3).

Krispy

2007/7/20 11:30
adamdawkins

Re:

Indeed, I read that article in the UK recently. Perhaps if the C of E actually preached a God of Wrath we wouldn't have domestic abuse in our homes!

The C of E is gone - what breaks my heart is to see so many Methodist churches either going liberal or closing down - and to see a vaguely alive pentecostal church looking on and doing nothing.

I mean, I even heard someone say "we are all slaves to sin" in a sermon at my church, ARE? Surely 'WERE' is the point? And that's the 'Spirit-filled' Evangelical end.

60 Million People,
3% Church-goers --> 2Million
50% Evangelical --> 1Million

Who knows from there. If you search for Revival UK in Google, the second link is to a link of sincere Muslim Youth, who desire to obey 'God' in everything they do - except they have it wrong, and we don't tell them. Sorry, my sermon for this Sunday is coming out again!

2007/7/20 11:49Profile

Re:

All is not lost on this side of the pond... but we're headed in that direction. The main problem with church in America is apathy. And apathy leads to apostacy.

Krispy

2007/7/20 11:55
adamdawkins

Re:

True, but from what I hear, I'm not sure I even your position - at least here we're not in a place where everyone thinks their saved, we're just in a place where people say "Where is your God" - in Psalm 42. Hence why our only solution in this nation is to have our soul 'thirsting for God'.

The problem is, the evangelical churches want revival, but by revival they mean church-growth, more people praying a prayer - etc. I have this odd feeling that when I move totally into that place of fear of the LORD and no care for the opinion of man, that I will probably be kicked out.

Oh well, His will be done.

If you can, please pray for me for Sunday when I'm preaching to my whole church, I don't get the opportunity often, and it's been a heavy week in my spirit - I think the Word is on Judgment.

We must continue to mutually encourage each other by our faith! Only the Lord can do what needs to be done!

Thanks,

Adam

2007/7/20 12:03Profile

Re:

Quote:
The problem is, the evangelical churches want revival, but by revival they mean church-growth, more people praying a prayer - etc. I have this odd feeling that when I move totally into that place of fear of the LORD and no care for the opinion of man, that I will probably be kicked out.

May you be kicked out very soon, my friend! People here have the same idea about revival. They consider Rick Warren to be leading a revival because the numbers are there. It's not revival they have, it's church growth. When it's real revival the "posers" either get right, or they walk away.

Quote:
If you can, please pray for me for Sunday when I'm preaching to my whole church, I don't get the opportunity often, and it's been a heavy week in my spirit - I think the Word is on Judgment.

Brother, I'll be sure to pray for you all weekend. If I wait till I get out of bed Sunday you will have already preached... time zones, remember.

May I be so bold as to make a suggestion? Something that goes hand in hand with "judgement" is personal holiness... holiness in every aspect of our lives. Preach holiness and judgement, brother.

Krispy

2007/7/20 13:20

Re:

Quote:
May you be kicked out very soon, my friend!

Amen, and may God be glorified in your preaching...

In Christ - Jim

2007/7/20 13:22
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Krispy Wrote:

Quote:
Here in the buckle of the Bible belt... everyone is saved.

Quote:
A lot of folks, especially here in the South, do have a certain respect for the "Good Book", and for Christian values... but they dont have a relationship with Christ. They think simply tipping your hat to the Lord is enough.

Quote:
It's very difficult to witness to southerners because of this type of deception.

Krispy, what you have here in the south is Calvinism gone to seed. Krispy, I have talked to too many to believe otherwise. And the devil does not care one twit what theological position you hold - you can be ever so religious on Sunday - but what you do otherwise is what He is interested in and he has succeeded quite well.

Now those lyrics you shared - I am sick! Get back! Phew, ugh! there it goes! hope you did not get splattered by my puke!

ginnyrose

2007/7/20 13:54Profile
adamdawkins

Re:

Quote:
may God be glorified in your preaching...

Amen!

2007/7/20 13:58Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Quote:
Krispy, what you have here in the south is Calvinism gone to seed

Ginny, I am curious to see what you mean by this?

2007/7/20 14:03Profile

Re:

Quote:
Krispy, what you have here in the south is Calvinism gone to seed

I think Calvinism plays a part, but I think it's a mixture of "easy-believism" and a misunderstanding of "once saved always saved".

I do happen to believe in eternal security (otherwise known as "once saved, always saved"). I just happen to believe you have to be [b]truly[/b] saved first before you can be always saved.

Thats where "easy-believism" comes into play. They repeat a quick prayer... no real repentance, just a prayer thats more like a "get out of hell free" card. Then the person who "led them to the Lord" tells them can not lose their salvation no matter what.

I believe that, but the problem is... they were never saved to begin with!!

If someone appears to have lost their salvation, I am convinced they were never truly saved from the start. Something was wrong.

Krispy

2007/7/20 14:33

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy