SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Doctrines of Dominionism

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The Doctrines of Dominionism

Proposing "A New Theology"

Part 2: The Doctrines of Dominionism

“We are on a journey now with that unfolding where… all that has been messed up through the Fall, all that has happened to try to get things off its path, it is on an assured, definitely assured, path of restoration -- till we get back to the right constitution of this -- the way that we were made, and intended to be, from the start. So we are in a process of all things being restored, reconstituted to this stated declared order and purpose.”
--Dutch Sheets, School of the Prophets conference, 2002 [emphasis added].

“The Earth and all of creation is waiting for the manifestation of the sons of God, the time when they will come into their maturity and immortalization.... When the Church receives its full inheritance and redemption then creation will be redeemed from its cursed condition of decay, change and death... the Church has a responsibility and ministry to the rest of creation. Earth and its natural creation is anxiously waiting for the Church to reach full maturity and come to full sonship. When the Church realizes its full sonship, its bodily redemption will cause a redemptive chain reaction throughout all of creation.”
--Bill Hamon, The Eternal Church, p. 385 [emphasis added].

--"In my opinion whatever we may have to go through now is less than nothing compared with the magnificent future God has planned for us. The whole creation is on tiptoe to see the wonderful sight of the sons of god coming into their own. The world of creation cannot as yet see reality, not because it chooses to be blind, but because in God's purpose it has been so limited - yet it has been given hope. And the hope is that in the end the whole of created life will be rescued from the tyranny of change and decay, and have its share in that magnificent liberty which can only belong to the children of God."
--George Hawtin

This blog began several years ago, in September 2005, by posting a series about two Consultations on the Future that were held in the late 1970s that co-mingled evangelical leaders with New Age leaders. One of the key elements that came out of these consultations was a consensus, articulated by Ron Sider that "we felt it crucial for the church to reexamine its ecclesiology" (Evangelicals Face the Future, 1978, p. 17). But more than that, the Consultation also proposed a new eschatology -- "alternative futures" for the church (p. 77).

In order to come up with an alternative future scenario for eschatology, the men at the first Consultation began discussing the need to re-visit Genesis chapters 1 and 2. Was the Fall really all that bad? Couldn't the effects of it be reversed by man's activities on earth? Shouldn't man be able to overcome his basic sin nature? Could this then have an effect on creation itself by reversing the ill effects of the Fall upon nature? All of these questions opened the door to the consideration of heresy.

At the First Consultation Leighton Ford categorized classic eschatology as "pessimistic":

"Part of our reason for meeting in this conference is to re-examine our storehouse of images of the future. . . . Is it necessary for us to limit the evangelical image of the future to an outlook which is uniformly pessimistic? . . . Or are we responsible to keep in mind alternative images which prepare us to extend unexpected victories. . . ?" (Ibid, p. 31) [emphases added]

Ford opened the door a crack to the dominionist eschatology when he proposed that there could be "a period within history in which the glorious power of the redemption of Christ would be at least partially previewed before the nations" on earth. (p. 27)

He furthermore asked,

"Should we not anticipate the first fruits of the eternal kingdom to appear however imperfectly in our personal lives, in the body of Christ, and in society?"

This suggestion deviated from classical view of the kingdom of God, because he then elaborated:

"Should we not expect Him [Christ] to win victories, however, incomplete, even in this present evil age? . . . [W]e must also always be ready to extend His rule still further within history when He sends us special times of refreshing." (p. 27) [emphasis added]

After alluding to the "spheres" of society (see recent posts on this topic), Ford proposed that Jesus could become "Lord. . . across the whole spectrum of human affairs," including "civic involvement." (p. 40)

As we mentioned, in our original series of posts on Herescope in September/October 2005, the evangelical leaders had already become enamored with Willis Harman, one of the world's leading Theosophists. One of the stated purposes of the Consultations was to integrate Harman's alternative eschatology with evangelical eschatology. Consultation presenter E.V. Newland, proposed creating an "imaginative hybrid" of eschatology based on Harman's models:

"Well, what then could be a transformed society? We are very impressed. We have links with people who are looking at these areas, sadly perhaps only from the secular groups or the academia. We are not yet in touch with theological colleges. We have established in that way contact with people who are thinking about a transformed society and they are exemplified by the Stanford Research Institute where there is a little group that's called the Social Science Research Unit and it's led by a man you have in your prospectus here, Willis Harmon [sic]. He is an engineer and he thinks about the future image of man so he's looking at some very fundamental changes. He surprisingly has the same other two scenarios that we work on as a coincidence. . . [T]he California school feels that the next 30 years or hundred years is going to be a period in which we'll restore this balance of inward man and outward man. . . . (pp. 81-83) [emphases added]

In the official response to E.V. Newland's presentation, Gordon MacDonald articulated more of the new eschatology which, along the lines of the "spheres" again, included understanding "the nature of the structures of government and business and education and the arts and how to proliferate them." He proposed that the church consider developing "a new theology that takes in the whole person" [emphasis in original]. MacDonald then elaborated:

" . . .[O]ne of the great untouched frontiers of theology are the first two chapters of the book of Genesis: And what in the world was the nature of the human being before that moment of rebellion against God? Dr. Newland talks about some of the metaphysical awareness that comes out of India, and the continental drift psychically, metaphysically moving North America to India. . . . who says that more and more human beings today are trying to reach down beneath the trap door of their minds to discover again the inner space that we have so long disregarded. . . .

"There may be all kinds of things out there that Christians ought to be on the frontier of discovering that may help us in the work of God to recover some of the things that human beings were capable of before sin entered the world. . . . For example, . . . Is there something in E.S.P.? Did men and women have a capacity for E.S.P. communication before sin, a capacity which was dulled and anesthetized before sin had such a deadly effect? . . . My personal belief is that really the story of the gospel is a world of magnificent creation which declares the glory of God, a world touched by sin, a world now in the process of recovery to the Lordship and Saviorhood of Jesus Christ. . . . But this is a period of history when God will allow us to rediscover gradually the stuff of creation." (p. 87-89) [emphases added]

This quotation above puts the current craze for meditative practices in the evangelical church into a new perspective. Is this all just an attempt to re-gain man's pre-Fall nature through meditation/contemplation? The heresy here is that man can somehow go through a "process of recovery" to overcome his fallen nature. Obviously, this heresy negates the need for the Cross if man, by his own psychic machinations, can supposedly gain access to a pre-Fall perfection.

Barbara Marx Hubbard, Willis Harman, Marilyn Ferguson and a host of other New Age Theosophists had indeed been working on creating a new consciousness, and Ferguson published the Brain/Mind Bulletin for years. Author Constance Cumbey describes their relationship:

"Marilyn Ferguson. Marilyn Ferguson was the protégé of SRI’s Willis Harman. Harman was also known to New Age Movement researchers as one of the leaders of the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS). Willis Harman, SRI’s director of policy research, was one of Marilyn Ferguson’s most quoted sources about the Old Left/New Age spirituality marriage – one that promised to result, he said, in 'a social and historic phenomena as great and pervasive as the Protestant Reformation. . . .'" [emphasis added]

These Theosophist leaders also worked on their own alternative eschatology. Hubbard wrote a book about it entitled The Revelation. Key quotes from this book concerning her "Armageddon alternative" can be found in in Chapter 8 of Warren Smith's book Reinventing Jesus Christ, now posted on-line. The parallels to the alternative eschatologies of the Latter Rain movement, forerunner to the modern New Apostolic Reformation, as evidenced in the quotations at the top of this post, are both startling and disturbing.

(To be continued. . . . )

The Truth:

"O how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?" (Hebrews 10:29)

[url=http://www.herescope.blogspot.com/]Original Link - Herescope[/url]

2007/7/19 15:55

Re: The Doctrines of Dominionism

Good Article Corey and a great website too. Thank you!

I don't think we realise just how many Churches and Denominations are going this way.

I remember back quite a few years ago, that a warning came out to our denomination from those who were well acquainted with things that even Finney wrote of ... that masons were infiltrating Churches big time.

Right after that, we found out two on our Pastoral Board were. They told us, that where they were from, it was common practice to take over other Pastor's Churches.

We sat there stunned. Such blatantcy.

Anyhow, this was their purpose for doing so, was to work this junk of Dominionism into the Church so the Church would accept the beginning of the one world Church/religion/government, "thinking they do GOD a service" all the while.

I don't feel sorry for these folks anymore, like I did a few years ago ... because the Lord showed me that there are two groups out there... the ones who "love His appearing" and those who "love this present world and the things in it".

The one group will "occupy until He Comes" the others will occupy to have "peace & security" in this world and hope HE doesn't come TOO soon, for obvious reasons.
:-(

2007/7/19 21:31

Re:

Quote:
I remember back quite a few years ago, that a warning came out to our denomination from those who were well acquainted with things that even Finney wrote of ... that masons were infiltrating Churches big time.

Right after that, we found out two on our Pastoral Board were. They told us, that where they were from, it was common practice to take over other Pastor's Churches.

We sat there stunned. Such blatantcy.

"Cursed be the man that maketh any graven or molten image, an abomination unto the LORD, the work of the hands of the craftsman, and putteth it in a secret place. And all the people shall answer and say, Amen." (DEUT 27:15)

"Hide me from the secret counsel of the wicked; from the insurrection of the workers of iniquity." (PSA 64:2)

"And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret." (EPH 5:11-12)

"For thou hast trusted in thy wickedness: thou hast said, None seeth me. Thy wisdom and thy knowledge, it hath perverted thee; and thou hast said in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me. Therefore shall evil come upon thee; thou shalt not know from whence it riseth: and mischief shall fall upon thee; thou shalt not be able to put it off: and desolation shall come upon thee suddenly, which thou shalt not know. Stand now with thine enchantments, and with the multitude of thy sorceries, wherein thou hast laboured from thy youth; if so be thou shalt be able to profit, if so be thou mayest prevail. Thou art wearied in the multitude of thy counsels. Let now the astrologers, the stargazers, the monthly prognosticators, stand up, and save thee from these things that shall come upon thee. Behold, they shall be as stubble; the fire shall burn them; they shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame: there shall not be a coal to warm at, nor fire to sit before it. Thus shall they be unto thee with whom thou hast laboured, [even] thy merchants, from thy youth: they shall wander every one to his quarter; none shall save thee." (ISA 47:8-15)

I saved the best morsals for last:

"A naughty person, a wicked man, walketh with a froward mouth. [b]He winketh with his eyes, he speaketh with his feet, he teacheth with his fingers[/b]; Frowardness is in his heart, he deviseth mischief continually; he soweth discord. Therefore shall his calamity come suddenly; suddenly shall he be broken without remedy... To keep thee from [b]the evil woman[/b], from the flattery of the tongue of a strange woman." (PRO 6:12-24)

"And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: [b]for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived[/b]." (REV 18:23)

Grannie, please read

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=17924&forum=34&0]The Inner Ring - C.S. Lewis[/url]

2007/7/19 22:17

Re:

Brother, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'll need an interpreter for these things you've posted. You must be giving me credit for more brains than what I really have. Bless your heart.

What I do understand is Bible and what I am concerned here is this part of one of your verses ~ "he deviseth mischief continually; he soweth discord" ~ in The Body of Christ, this should not be.

And concerned also about Rev. 18 as a whole.

Maybe tomorrow, with a lot more coffee in me, I could tackle this puzzle.

Bless ya.

2007/7/19 22:48

Re:

Quote:
Brother, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'll need an interpreter for these things you've posted. You must be giving me credit for more brains than what I really have. Bless your heart.

Sister, I think you've intuited more than you let on, which is to your credit.

Proverbs was written by Solomon. Solomon hired Hiram, the son of a Danite and skilled in various trades, to build the Temple.

Remember that Dan was the first tribe in Israel to worship idols, that Jacob prophesied Dan would be "the adder in the way" that would "bite" the horse's hooves and "make the rider go backwards", and that Dan isn't included amongst the twelve tribes listed in Revelation.

And keep in mind that the masons believe they have a connection to ancient masons and carpenters who protected their trade from outsiders with a secret handshake.

The freemasons claim to descend from the pagan mystery religions. They have a legend about this Hiram. Much of their mythology and symbolism stems from Kabbalah (Jewish Mysticism). A big part of which concerns Solomon and the building of the Temple.

One mason recognizes another by various handshakes, hand movements while speaking, foot position, eye winks, certain phrases, etc... For instance, if a mason is being tried for a crime, he might stand with his feet in a certain position so that the judge, if also a mason, might recognise it and be lenient.

Solomon seems to indicate this hidden language in Proverbs.

That's it.

I hope all this isn't being recorded... creepy...

2007/7/19 23:23

Re: Flying thru cyberspace as usual.

Ha.

Folks think I "live" here ... actually I'm traveling around the world with sometimes several windows open and sometimes even the emailer open all at the same time.

HA, trying to blow my few brains cells out.

Ah ha, said the half conked woman.

Thank you for solving this dilemma for me. I hate when I can't do a puzzle. Lose what little confidence that I may have in what few neural connective pathways I have left. Thank you.

I keep this on my desktop, along with other things that keep me cross-eyed.
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/Quakes/quakes_all.php

Also, heard on BBC that Nelson has plans for the world.
""Nelson Mandela is using the occasion of his 89th birthday today to launch a new organisation of former world leaders that is to tackle some of the world's most pressing problems.""
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/newsenglish/witn/2007/07/070718_mandela.shtml

But I remember the Nelson of days gone by and I began to smell rubber burning and other stuff.
http://www.freedomsite.org/colum/collins44.html

Creepy world ~ Huh.

I hate any human suffering, but as far as these "days" go ... time is ticking faster .... He said "unless those days be shortened, no flesh would survive."

Even so, Come Lord Jesus.

But lots'a junk to happen first ... that's why I like the unity here. Better than other places I've perused.

Two websites that go along with your stuff is threeworldwars and educate-yourself.

Finney wrote a whole book on the masons, but they're just the octopus arms of the illuminati.

HA ~ See, I'm too stupid to be afraid. Ought'a have a bumper sticker made up saying that.

Actually, my bestest friend's husband used to say that a lot.
Also, that no matter what, "It's only temporary".

He died the most glorious death we'd ever seen.

It was like he had one foot in Heaven for months before he left. His whole person radiated and he'd pray for those who came to pray for him.

He was sorta backsliding when he was diagnosed with liver failure and man, you wanna see a man turn around and have God's glory on him --- phew, like the prodigal son, he got the works when he got home, before he even got Home.

Well, thank you that I now don't have to wait to try again tomorrow to figure things out.
That would have frustrated my head, what's left of it. Thank you !!!

Because I can't start threads, because of my outrageous settings, I hitch-hike on them down here in the News section. We kept the 'bees' thread going long enough.

Again, appreciate you posting on the Dominionists. They come in a variety of colors too.

Enjoy this fellowship with this gang while we still can - Amen.

PEACE in Him.
Annie

2007/7/20 0:00

Re: The Doctrine of taking Dominion

Wasn't sure if ya saw this one.

Goes with your Americas postings.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=6359

Oops, make that two.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=6346

2007/7/20 4:00

Re:

Thanks Grannie!