SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Moral Government Overview

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
What is the Gospel?

The gospel is that Jesus Christ was a propitiation for the sins of the whole world, that Jesus shed his blood for all men, and thereby makes salvation possible for all men, making it possible for God to forgive those who repent and believe.

Quote:
Again, what evidence do I have that I am following Christ from the heart

God of coarse gives us the indwelling Holy Spirit, as a seal and proof. But then there is another proof, or evidence, of fruit. John Baptist said to bring forth fruit meet for repentance.

A changed heart results in a changed life. The evidence of a changed heart is a changed life. The evidence of following Christ is being like Christ.

Quote:
If I sin every day, am I not living in sin?

Totally! Sinning every day is a lifestyle of sin, it's continuing in sin. And those who continue in sin are of the devil. The blood of Christ does not cover a lifestyle of sin.

Only past sins, repented sins, are forgiven. Present and future sins are only forgiven upon condition of repentance.

The finished work of Christ makes it possible for God to forgive all repented sins. The cross fullfilled the purpose of making the offer of salvation extended to all, the atonement fullfilled the purpose of making salvation possible for all. And it is finished. No devil can take away the fact that all men have the possibility of being saved, if they repent and believe, if they turn and trust.

2007/7/20 3:15

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy