SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : When are you saved?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

When are you saved?

Pondered this thought with a friend, when is the moment of salvation? You can call out to God for salvation and is it at that moment? You may not understand the next day about sin and holiness and be carnally minded. Are you saved? Or is it at the moment in your life that you realized that you past from death to life. You despise the things of the world and hate sin and desire holiness. Some don't know or remember when they called out to Jesus. It wasn't a light from heaven shining down on them. All opinions welcome.

2007/7/18 19:16
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re: When are you saved?

It all depends on how you mean, let me explain.

Salvation is a multi faceted experience, first we are saved from sin, its judgement, and hell. This is justification, and this is completely and utterly by faith through grace.

Next, we are being saved from sin and its power in our lives, this is sanctification(on a side note, sanctification is also a one time event in which the child of God is cut out or set apart from the mass of unsaved humanity).

Lastly we are saved from the prescence of sin itself, this is glorification.

All three though are based entirely upon the merit of Christ, and his atoning sacrifice.

The moment a person is regenrated or born again, they are given faith to believe in Christ as their Saviour and Lord, this will produce repentance, and fruit of salvation. Sometimes slowly, other times more rapidly, but it will produce fruit nonetheless.

The idea of having to have an "experience" and "spiritual birthday" to point back to is really not found in Scripture(not saying it does not matter, or does not happen), but some have unfortunately made an experience their proof and standard of how a person must come to faith in order to be saved. Yet the Spirit blows where He will, and God works as He will, sometimes in very serene ways, and other times more extreme I suppose.

2007/7/18 22:17Profile

Re:

Hey, I was just about to paste these verses to BradW's thread on "How much is too much" about the thief on the cross, but I got side-swiped by this thread instead so I'll post them here.

These reminded me of the thief on the cross, even though he didn't know at the time, that Jesus would be resurrected in three days from then. Neat!

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the Scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

2007/7/18 23:03
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

we are Saved from...

dear saints

greetings in Jesus' Name by Whose Blood we are Saved. AMEN.

Rev 13:8 says:

[b]8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.[/b]

the point of our Salvation, the "when" pertaining to our Salvation has its origin in God, before creation because it was then that Christ was slain for the Redemption of that which was a thought in the Mind of God but had not yet burst forth into creation as we know it. Christ's coming to the cross was the expression and fulfilment of that which God had in mind before creation...our Salvation is sure and secure because of this. We were Called unto Salvation at this point. this is why Paul (and i also) is convinced that nothing can separate us from the Love of God in Christ. if God decided it already, who can twist His arm to change His mind?

Paul makes mention of this calling to Salvation by God. i began to see this more plainly after being led through Romans 9. after that i read it everywhere in the Pauline epistles how God called us, chose us and so on before we knew Him.

so our confession of the Name of Christ is the point where by His Grace we [i][b]realize[/b][/i]and step into that Salvation.

ain't God good?

Grace and Peace be ours in Jesus' Name. AMEN.

2007/7/19 0:00Profile

Re: we are Saved from...

When a person turns from all their sin, and puts their faith in Jesus Christ, God forgives them at that very moment without delay.

2007/7/19 2:19

Re:

Jesse, I have a sincere question. I see that statement a lot and it confuses me a bit.

Quote:" When a person turns from all their sin, and puts their faith in Jesus Christ "

Shouldn't it be the other way around ?

Asking sincerely here.
Thank you!
Annie

2007/7/19 2:45

I wonder if, as often happens, there is an analogy in nature.

When are we born naturally? When does the life begin? At conception? When the baby's head appears from the womb? When the whole body comes forth? When the infant takes its first breath?

Life can be said to begin at conception, but birth happens a lot later! The first breath perhaps marks true birth; so with the New Birth?

...Or is it when the child learns to say "Daddy"?

Romans 8:15-16
[i][color=000099]15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” 16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,[/color][/i]

Galatians 4:6-7
[i][color=000099]6 And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!” 7 Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, iand if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.[/color][/i]

Blessings

Jeannette

2007/7/20 15:51

I highly reccomend this sermon by Paris Reidhead called "So Great Salvation". "Was saved, being saved, will be saved" - the three tenses of salvation. He talks about this in this message:

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=1004&commentView=itemComments [i](left-click the link to go to download page)[/i]

Justification takes place when the veil of Satan is lifted off an unconverted man's mind, the light of Christ shines in resulting in conviction of sin, causing one to radically change his mind and heart, and then Christ revealing Himself supernaturally to the person personally, producing a living faith whereby they accept His imputed righteousness, resulting in the next step:

Sanctification in which they are being (present tense) saved from the power of sin and growing into greater likenesses of the image of Christ, and this is a life-long process, ending with:

Glorification when the work of redemption is completed and perfected, and such a one is saved from the presence of sin and transformed to be just as He is.

2007/7/20 17:00
adamdawkins

Re:

Quote:
I highly reccomend this sermon by Paris Reidhead called "So Great Salvation". "Was saved, being saved, will be saved" - the three tenses of salvation.

I thought of this! I think there were four though, I recommend you listen to the sermon, but for reference, Reidhead's four tenses were:

I have been saved from the pleasure of sin - repentance

I was saved from the penalty of sin - Justification

I am being saved from the power of sin - Sanctification

I will be saved from the presence of sin - Glorification.

Amen.

It is an interesting one though, The NT believers never seemed to use "I got saved then" or "so and so just got saved" the way we tend to use the word today. I think they had a lot more reverence for it, hence why you find salvation in all sorts of tenses in the Bible - and also why people can have very different views of what 'salvation' actually is.

2007/7/20 20:39Profile

Re:

Doesn't Paris Reidhead believe that you are saved daily from sin. I understand that he believes that you literally work out your salvation. One day you can be saved then one day you can be lost. What happens if the day you are lost that is the day Christ takes you home or comes back. I know others hold that believe. Now I admit that I am unsure about his believe, if I am wrong please let me know.

I recall to mind that Romans says: confess with your mouth that Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. Roman 10:9 May be the key word is "as" Lord. maybe to many believe he "is" Lord but don't make Him "as" Lord in their life. Or can Lordship come after you realize after salvation, He is Lord and I need to make Him Lord. Others verse says in Acts 2:21 " And it shall be that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." Can I say, we may not fully know that He is Lord, but still call on Him to be saved and then He, by His power and might reveals to us, His Lordship, our sin and His love and Holiness?

2007/7/21 12:03

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy