SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Can you remember?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Tears_of_joy

Can you remember?

Can you remember the last time you didn’t go to bed because men were dying without Christ?

Can you remember the last time you pushed the plate away and said, “No, I want more time with God…?”

Have you geared your life like that?

Are you living trying to be spiritual and living on the carnal plate?

Are you trying to be spiritual and living in time?

Are you trying to be spiritual and keeping up with other people round about?

[b]Listen,[/b] when God can get men that are sold out for Him, like Paul was sold out for him, we will move our generation. God is saying, [b]“Who will go for us?"[/b]

He looks for a man, not a seraphims, not a half man and a half deity, he looks for man!

God says man, not money, not methods, not machineries, not movements, but He looks for man!

When I can say Lord, I am concerned, I am concerned, I am speeding on to [b]eternity,[/b] look at my ministry, look at my life, look at my [b]dry eyes![/b] look at my poor spirit that has no [b]ache[/b] in it... but men are dying without God by millions and they are damned and lost.. [b]look at me![/b]

[url=http://www.fireonthealtar.com/compilations/eric/Selah%202%20-%20Track01.mp3]Ravenhill[/url]

2007/7/18 1:11Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re: Can you remember?

I am embarrassed to death when I read Hebrews eleven! I can read Hebrews eleven every day of my life, and weep! I can turn my Bible over on the back , I can read the map on the back of my Bible and weep!

Look what the Apostle Paul did, he did not have plain, not jet plain, he had no automobile, look at his missionary journies, no wonder he says "in perils of the deep, in perils by own countrymen, in perils of labors, in prison..."

In the first fifty years of Wesley preaching, the men that joined over him as preachers, died with average age of 32 years, they were burnt out for God!

America is not dying because of the strength of the humanism it is dying because of the weakness of the evangelism!

We are taking people to the cross, but we are not get them on the cross!

The devils says: [b]Come down from the Cross and save yourself! [/b]

[b]Why do you weep, while other people are laughing,[/b] why do you fast, while other people are having avail of a time - it's stupid!
[b]IT IS, EXCEPT IN THE LIGHT OF ETERNITY IT ISN'T![/b]

[url=http://www.fireonthealtar.com/compilations/eric/Selah%202%20-%20Track01.mp3]Ravenhill[/url]

2007/7/18 1:26Profile
Tears_of_joy

Lord we are still in water to the ankles, most of us, I am anyhow, You want to move us in waters to the knees, and then to the loins, and then in [b]total abandonment![/b]

2007/7/18 1:40Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Can I remember?

The heart with which you post this is obvious.

The eternity of man should be on our hearts.

Sometimes, we go out and see people and think, 'Lord, how do we reach them, in time?'

I don't doubt we know how to reach them, it is reaching them in time.

God's glory is at stake, and God is not glorified when the unbelievers, under satan, seem to have the upper hand.

I said, seem to.

We can and will reach people.

God, help us to do so, now.

God bless.

2007/7/18 4:31Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Quote:
Are you trying to be spiritual and living in time?

The inverse is the cross...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That holy band of "Heroes of Faith" in the eleventh chapter of Hebrews staggers me. They had no Bibles, no millions of cassettes as we have, no Bible seminars, no daily radio Bible teaching, and (fortunate souls) no Gospel T.V. preachers whining about lack of funds. (When did the Lord run out of supplies?) Yet what things these folks in Hebrews 11 accomplished: subdued whole kingdoms -- (O that some person rich in faith could subdue the worldwide kingdom of the drug trade)-- wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions. What miracles, what men, what faith!

These "pattern" folks of our faith did not get to the heights in one leap:

[i]"They climbed the steep ascent to Heaven
Through peril, toil, and pain.
O God, may grace to us be given,
to follow in their train."[/i]

Asked why he was used of the Lord so greatly in China, Hudson Taylor replied, "God had looked long for a man weak enough, and He found me." He takes the weak things of the world to confound the mighty. Spiritual wisdom does not come with years; neither does maturity. The key to both is obedience. Whatsoever He saith unto YOU, do it.

An insatiable thirst for God will produce an unquenchable love for holiness (as He is Holy), resulting in a passion for the lost.

Remember, friend, you are just as spiritual as you want to be.

Leonard Ravenhill

2007/7/18 9:20Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Quote:
Spiritual wisdom does not come with years; neither does maturity. The key to both is obedience. Whatsoever He saith unto YOU, do it.

2007/7/18 12:07Profile
Tears_of_joy

Finney could go to a town and not make an altar call for the first twenty nights, he didn't say: "Come on, Come on, but go home and have another sleepless night!" Do you know why they had two or three sleepless nights? So they wouldn't have a million sleepless nights in hell, that's why!

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=15773&commentView=itemComments]We need God - Ravenhill[/url]

2007/7/24 7:30Profile
Tears_of_joy

Most of our preachers need to get free from their denomination, you go to church, what do you hear?
Do you meet God, or do you meet your church's theology, you meet your church's doctrine?
How often you go and come out breathing, and gasping - God The Holy Ghost was at that meeting and I [b]absolutely shaken[/b] to my feet?

We don't do that! We have to do it, we'll do it!
Because God has controversy with our generation!

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=15773&commentView=itemComments]We need God - Ravenhill[/url]

2007/7/24 7:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy