Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 George Washington's Vision

[b]GEORGE WASHINGTON`S VISION [/b]

The place was Valley Forge in the winter of 1777, shortly after the signing of the "Declaration of Independence" the American forces (greatly outnumbered) were fighting a against the British (the most powerful nation in the world). Some believe that only 3% of the American people took part in the struggle for independence, and many aided the British cause by giving them housing etc. Prevalent in the hearts and minds of the American people, was apathy, self-interests, uncertainty, and fear. It is well known that George Washington was a man of prayer and great courage as he would ride and lead his own troops into battle.

George Washinton's vision is recorded at the Library of Congress

====

THE WORDS OF GEORGE WASHINGTON (THE FATHER OF AMERICA)

"This afternoon, as I was sitting at this table engaged in preparing a dispatch, something seemed to disturb me. Looking up, I beheld standing opposite me a singularly beautiful female. So astonished was I, for I had given strict orders not to be disturbed, that it was some moments before I found language to inquire the cause of her presence. A second, a third and even a fourth time did I repeat my question, but received no answer from my mysterious visitor except a slight raising of her eyes.

"By this time I felt strange sensations spreading through me. I would have risen but the riveted gaze of the being before me rendered volition impossible. I assayed once more to aaddress her, butmy tongue had become useless, as though it had become paralyzed.

"A new influence, mysterious, potent, irresistible, took possession of me. All I could do was to gaze steadily, vacantly at my unknown visitor, Gradually the surrounding atmosphere seemed as if it had become filled with sensations, and luminous. Everything about me seemed to rarify, the mysterious visitor herself becoming more airy and yet more distinct to my sight than before. I now began to feel as one dying, or rather to experience the sensations which I have sometimes imagined accompany dissolution. I did not think, I did not reason, I did not move; all were alike impossible. I was only conscious of gazing fixedly, vacantly at my companion.

"Presently I heard a voice saying, `Son of the Republic, look and learn,' while at the same time my visitor extended her arm eastwardly. I now beheld a heavy white vapor at some distance rising fold upon fold. This gradually dissipated, and I looked upon a strange scene. Before me lay spread out in one vast plain all the countries of the world; Europe, Asia, Africa and America. I saw rolling and tossing between Europe and America the billows of the Atlantic, and between Asia and America lay the Pacific.

" `Son of the Republic' said the same mysterious voice as before, `look and learn,' At that moment I beheld a dark, shadowy being, like an angel, standing, or rather floating in mid-air, between Europe and America. Dipping water out of the ocean in the hollow of each hand, he sprinkled some upon America with his right hand, while with his left hand he cast some on Europe. Immediately a cloud raised from these countries, and joined in mid-ocean. For a while it remained stationary, and then moved slowly westward, until it enveloped America in its murky folds. Sharp flashes of lightning gleamed through it at intervals, and I heard the smothered groans and cries of the American people.

"A second time the angel dipped water from the ocean, and sprinkled it out as before. The dark cloud was then drawn back to the ocean, in whose heaving billows it sank from view. A third time I heard the mysterious voice saying, `Son of the Republic, look and learn,' I cast my eyes upon America and beheld villages and towns and cities springing up one after another until the whole land from the Atlantic to the Pacific was dotted with them.

Again, I heard the mysterious voice say, `Son of the Republic, the end of the century cometh, look and learn.' At this the dark shadowy angel turned his face southward, and from Africa I saw an ill-omened spectre approach our land. It flitted slowly over every town and city of the latter. The inhabitants presently set themselves in battle array against each other. As I continued looking I a saw bright angel, on whose brow rested a crown of light, on which was traced the word `Union,' bearing the American flag which he placed between the divided nation, and said, `Remember ye are brethren.' Instantly, the inhabitants, casting from them their weapons became friends once more, and united around the National Standard.

"And again I heard the mysterious voice saying, `Son of the Republic, look and learn.' At this the dark, shadowy angel placed a trumpet to his mouth, and blew three distinct blasts; and taking water from theocean, he sprinkled it upon Europe,

Asia and Africa. Then my eyes beheld a fearful scene: from each of these countries arose thick, black clouds that were soon joined into one. Throughout this mass there gleamed a dark red light by which I saw hordes of armed men, who, moving with the cloud, marched by land and sailed by sea to America. Our country was enveloped in this volume of cloud, and I saw these vast armies devastate the whole country and burn the villages, towns and cities that I beheld springing up. As my ears listened to the thundering of the cannon, clashing of swords, and the shouts and cries of millions in mortal combat, I heard again the mysterious voice saying, `Son of the Republic, look and learn.' When the voice had ceased, the dark shadowy angel placed his trumpet once more to his mouth, and blew a long and fearful blast.

"Instantly a light as of a thousand suns shone down from above me, and pierced and broke into fragments the dark cloud which enveloped America. At the same moment the angel upon whose head still shone the word Union, and who bore our national flag in one hand and a sword in the other, descended from the heavens attended by legions of white spirits. These immediately joined the inhabitants of America, who I perceived were well nigh overcome, but who immediately taking courage again, closed up their broken ranks and renewed the battle.

"Again, amid the fearful noise of the conflict, I heard the mysterious voice saying, `Son of the Republic, look and learn.' As the voice ceased, the shadowy angel for the last time dipped water from the ocean and sprinkled it upon America. Instantly the dark cloud rolled back, together with the armies it had brought, leaving the inhabitants of the land victorious!

"Then once more I beheld the villages, towns and cities springing up where I had seen them before, while the bright angel, planting the azure standard he had brought in the midst of them, cried with o loud voice" `While the stars remain, and the heavens send down dew upon the earth, so long shall the Union last.' And taking from his brow the crown on which blazoned the word `UNION,' he placed it upon the Standard while the people, kneeling down, said, `Amen.'

"The scene instantly began to fad and dissolve, and I at last saw nothing but the rising, curling vapor I at first beheld. This also disappearing, I found myself once more gazing upon the mysterious visitor, who, in the same voice I had heard before, said, `Son of the Republic, what you have seen is thus interpreted: three great perils will come upon the Republic. The most fearful is the third, but in this greatest conflict the whole world united shall not prevail against her. Let every child of the Republic learn to live for his God, his land and the Union. With these words the vision vanished, and I started from my seat and felt that I had seen a vision wherein had been shown to me the birth, progress and destiny of the United States."

2007/7/17 19:39Profile

Re: Visions

Brother Greg, I believe you know how much I respect you and this work of God you've been used to produce here, but if I may just give the other perspective of the source of these "visions" that have continued on from basically the same sources.

Two links from a reputable site.

http://www.threeworldwars.com/blog/posts/53

http://www.threeworldwars.com/albert-pike.htm

If in your research of this site, you see what's called "The Plan", this next war is to set up the one world government and it's system and it's heads.

Thank you for allowing dialoge.
Annie

2007/7/17 20:08
jordanamo

Re: George Washington's Vision

That is a weird, dubious vision. It appeared in the National Tribune in 1880, George Washington never wrote this. A guy named Anthony Sherman, who claimed to have served under Washington at Valley Forge from 1777-1778, told the story to a reporter (supposedly in 1859-- of course this all hearsay and no evidence confirms it).

For more information/source:
http://www.snopes.com/language/document/vision.asp

BTW, this vision being recorded at the Library of Congress means nothing of its authenticity. The LOC has records of nearly everything.

2007/7/17 20:17Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Brother Greg, I believe you know how much I respect you and this work of God you've been used to produce here, but if I may just give the other perspective of the source of these "visions" that have continued on from basically the same sources.

Yes, I agree. It is doubtful if genuine. The reason I posted it and I was going to post after it was that there have been prophets (so called) that have prophesied calamities to happen in the united states and state that they are witnessing to what george washington saw. I thought it was interesting to bring it up to some of the saints here.

2007/7/17 20:23Profile

Re:

I owe you an apology for that other thread.

Your post wasn't there when I pushed reply and I posted after yours.

I'm glad you know about this vision.

There is another one floating around about Washington seeing America burning and then it stops there, but they say that is just a partial quote of it ... it says afterward, "that out of the ashes rises the Phoenix" type ending and the phoenix bird is a symbol of what I posted above.

Connecting dots to all of these dreams and visions can poop one out. ha

Thank you again.
Annie

2007/7/17 20:33
jordanamo

Re:

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:
The reason I posted it and I was going to post after it was that there have been prophets (so called) that have prophesied calamities to happen in the united states and state that they are witnessing to what george washington saw. I thought it was interesting to bring it up to some of the saints here.

I recommend including such things in your initial post, so as not to have confused people.

2007/7/17 20:36Profile

Re:

Hi brother jordan,

I did this once myself. Posted a "prayer" and asked folks what they thought of it.

I think what Greg did is good to do now and then.
It's a learning experience and teaches us to use our own minds and Research.

At first folks were angry at me too for posting that "prayer", but I think later about 3 pages later, we may have seen the reason I may have done it that way.

Greg has good reasons too. I believe it is a good thing to just put things out there sometimes and see what folks will do with those things.
Like in the real world outside of this forum ... these type things are hitting us left and right and there are no markers on them to tell us if they are true or not ... so it teaches us to "test all things" and be Bereans.

Bless you brother.

2007/7/17 20:43

WOWZERS, that was some reading.

As I was reading, I couldn't help but think of the three perils that would afflict America.

The Civil War

World War II

And perhaps Islam being the third.

Interesting stuff.

2007/7/17 20:52
jordanamo

Re:

Quote:

I believe it is a good thing to just put things out there sometimes and see what folks will do with those things.

I must disagree... It almost can be rather deceitful, even if it's done with completely good motives. Our word/what we say should be upright and we shouldn't let a false word (even if it's someone's else) go through our mouths without clarifying we disagree with it. It should be obvious we disagree with it, at least. I'm not saying that is what Greg was doing here of course, although he sort of was, but from what you said i.e. testing people.

2007/7/17 21:07Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Greg,

I read all the responses to this post and now I would like to post my initial reaction.

For one, I never heard of this 'vision' before you posted it here.

This 'visitor' Mr. Washington supposedly had was described as being a female. hmmm....It has always been my impression that any heavenly visitor looked like a male.......

What do you think?

ginnyrose

2007/7/20 17:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy