SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Brian Welch's Testimony (KORN)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Talkn2u

Brian Welch's Testimony (KORN)

Brian gave his testimony...

I wanted to see for myself; and I will tell you, that it was a most blessed evening... I could just stop and weep and rejoice all at the same time...

The humility that came out of that young man, captured my skeptic heart and softened me.

There was no "pretense" no "quest" for attention on himself...

If you had been there and witnessed what I witnessed you would agree...his conversion was for Real...

A few things that made that clear was...
1. His opening prayer, was so precious, so humble, so from the heart of one who has recognized the gift of forgiveness and grace.
2. He said that since he has given his life to Christ; life has been more difficult in many ways, but he said that he talks with the Lord and is very honest with Him and PRESSES in to Him...and God brings upon him a Peace that he cannot explain...and gives him the wisdom and the strength to face the obstacles.
3. He had a choice to make: a 20 million dollar contract, or walk away and choose Christ. He chose Christ...He left the band at a time when his career was at its height...
4. Before he prayed for the congregation last night, at dismissal, he was straightforward with them and emphasized the importance of developing a prayer life. That if they don't continually communicate with God, then they will not make it.

My description of last evening is so weak in comparison of the awesome Presence of God that covered that building last night.

Many will have their opinions...but I must tell you I walked in a big skeptic, but my heart melted and my spirit rejoiced to see that God was Glorified, Jesus was Lifted Up and the Holy Spirit was working on the hearts and lives of the thousands of people captivated by the evidence of what God's Power can do in a life that appears to be hopeless....

I wish you all could have been there to experience this. My spirit is very sensitive to if Jesus is being lifted up vs man being lifted up...JESUS WAS HIGH AND LIFTED UP, in that young man's conversion.

Praise His Holy Name...
Bonnie

2007/7/16 12:34Profile
Compton

Re: Brian Welch's Testimony (KORN)

Awesome.

I am thankful for this brother. He loved not his life, even when faced with a ton of money. He loves the Lord, and he loves his little girl. May he grow mightily in the Lord.

[url=http://www.headtochrist.com/]Brian's Website...[/url]

MC

2007/7/16 13:02Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re: Brian Welch's Testimony (KORN)

What an encouragement this is! Thanks for sharing it Bonnie.

The light of the eyes rejoiceth the heart; and a good report maketh the bones fat. Proverbs 15:30

2007/7/16 13:47Profile
Talkn2u

Re:

Thank you for sharing the website. Apparently his book has been sold out in many places. Phx First (where he spoke last night) was able to obtain a shipment of the books...however, they too sold out before the service was over.

Brian's love for the Lord, and his love for his daughter is encouraging to see.

Thank you once again...Bonnie

2007/7/16 13:48Profile
Talkn2u

Re:

BrokenOne...
I was scrolling to find your name, I wanted to let you know how it was ...and there you were !!!
:-)
Bonnie

2007/7/16 13:49Profile

Re:

This is an encouraging article. Personally, if he would ask me for advice I would recommend he lose the nickname...

His CD should be interesting. Looking forward to hearing it.

Krispy

2007/7/16 15:53
Talkn2u

Re:

I agree with you, Krispy. And also the "look" he has is still the same outwardly; but it just doesn't seem to match the gentle spirit that is clearly seen in his eyes.

I believe that in time, those "old things" will be put away...

God is Faithful to complete that which He has started....

Bonnie

2007/7/16 21:19Profile

Re:

All blacks and reds and greys on the website...

Bloody H and C on either side of a bloody Cross that looks more like a dagger than a cross...

I got the worst vibe ever from this site.

2007/7/16 22:37

Re:

Quote:
And also the "look" he has is still the same outwardly; but it just doesn't seem to match the gentle spirit that is clearly seen in his eyes.

As we grow God progressively changes us. I think God has really gotten a hold on this guy, and it's wonderful to see. Reading the interview there is a lot of spiritual immaturity, which is fine... thats to be expected.

At the same time, I think the Lord is going to use him to reach a culture of people that someone like me just isnt going to be able to reach.

Just the fact that his book is flying off the bookshelves shows that God is at work. Most Christian have no idea who he is, so I suspect a lot of the people buying this book are KORN fans, and not granny in the pew behind me.

Krispy

2007/7/17 7:53
Talkn2u

Re:

I had absolutely NO idea who he was...so yep, you are right...I would not be the little granny running to the bookstore for the copy I just "have to have" hee hee.... :-P

I so appreciate the spirit in which your reply was made, Krispy.

Thank you!

B.

2007/7/17 10:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy