SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : And there was war in heaven..

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
thevoice

And there was war in heaven..

REVELATION 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
REVELATION 12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
REVELATION 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

The verses above makes me wonder ...

1) Was the earth/world peaceful untill the devil was cast down (whenever that happened)

2) God prosponed the fight and is that why we humans are fighting (both physical & sipritual) on earth?

3)The best way to fight and win (because I know God will WIN) is to take it to where the enemy lives? Since God dwells in Heaven, the earth is the logical place for God to fight the devil ?...

4) How will God fight the war on terror?

These questions are mine boggling since I came across the bible verse sabove this week?

Your insights please

2004/4/22 13:30Profile
matthew

Re: And there was war in heaven..

I will try to stick to scripture, but some of the questions you asked are well beond me.

"1) Was the earth/world peaceful untill the devil was cast down (whenever that happened)"

There was a forum about this it isn't explisitely stated in scripture.I think it safe to assume that since before Satan The inhabitants of Earth were in the Garden, yes it was peaceful.

"3)The best way to fight and win (because I know God will WIN) is to take it to where the enemy lives? Since God dwells in Heaven, the earth is the logical place for God to fight the devil ?..."

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Ephesians 6

The battle is faught in heaven. We don't have the strength within ourselves to face the enemy. We must

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power." Ephesians 6

Even the weapons we have for spiritual battle are not of this world.

"3For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds." (1 cor 10)

Though we fight in the physical realm the way to get victory over the Enemy is by knowing the word. The only offensive weapon given to the believer in the armor of Ephesians 6 is the word. Even Christ when tempted by Satan himself used the word...

The Battle between Satan and God is temporarially being waged by Satan and us. God will ultimately triumph, but for the mean time we are left here to "stand"

Those are my thoughts for now.

matthew

2004/5/4 15:33Profile
matthew

Re: And there was war in heaven..

Also, if you want to gain perspective on Terrorism and God's response you might check out two sermons by John Macarthur,

--go to downloads--to other speakers M-R-- To John Macarthur and listento to first two sermons.

2004/5/7 8:51Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy