SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Pope says only Catholic are Christians

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
geddingsm

south carolina

Pope says only Catholic are Christians

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070710/ap_on_re_eu/pope_other_christians_1

Surprise! Pope says other Christian demoninations are not true churches.

2007/7/15 10:11Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Pope says only Catholic are Christians

Pope is no different than us in Gods eyes so it's just his opinion, just like we have our opinions if you don't agree with him, just let his opinion roll off your back like water on a ducks back, this is how I was personally taught by my Dad to deal others opinions if I don't agree, and it's always worked great for me. :-)

2007/7/15 10:16Profile
geddingsm

south carolina

Re: pope's opinion

Not wanting to start a 10 page thread, the reason I posted this is because his "opinion" affects the salvation of millions of people.
Also the image of the Catholic church affects the opinion of a good part of the world about Christianity, such as the arguments that Christianity allows for the molesting of boys without real punishment, that if you confess your sins to a priest you're forgiven, etc.

2007/7/15 11:13Profile
adamdawkins

Re:

Does this not strike anyone else as Satan over-playing his hand with regards to the Catholic church?

For me this could bring many to see the true nature of Catholicism, something the Church seems to shy away from, because we don't want to offend. Whilst the Pope's statement could lead many to be futher tied up in Catholicism, it could also see Catholicism exposed and many come out of it?

2007/7/15 13:09Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

dear saints

Greetings in Jesus' Name by Whose Blood we are Saved. AMEN.

Catholicism and Christianity are to different things, the former being a product of hell. The irony is that the pope (whose office is indeed the epitome of the spirit of what is antichrist) says that only Catholics are Christians...as Christians we ought to be bold enough to say there is no Salvation apart from Christ. We are the bearers of the True Faith!

How sad it is when the false faiths have more boldness than we, and are more willing to sacrifice all than we as in the case of Islam...

May God stir us to Jealousy for Him.

Grace and Peace be ours in Jesus' NAme. AMEN.

2007/7/15 16:55Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy