SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Video of Defenders of the Faith Who Stood Up for Jesus in America's Own Senate 7/11/07

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
FreebyWord

Video of Defenders of the Faith Who Stood Up for Jesus in America's Own Senate 7/11/07

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/2957.html

2007/7/13 13:31Profile
jordanamo

Re: Video of Defenders of the Faith Who Stood Up for Jesus in America's Own Sena

I don't consider that standing up for Jesus. To suppose that when they pray and invoke the name of God with an ordained chaplain it's any better than when they have a Muslim or Hindu or whatever come in there and do the same is ridiculous, in my view.

The Senate, along with the rest of the government, is apart of the world system. It should be of little surprise when they allow this to take place.

2007/7/13 14:47Profile

Re:

Quote:
Jordanamo said: I don't consider that standing up for Jesus.

Thanks Freebyword for posting this thread. To hear the name of Jesus in the US Senate being proclaimed as the one true God is exciting. It takes boldness to do things like that and I heard no shakiness in their voices.

2007/7/13 15:23

Re:

This just goes to show how far we have gone the wrong direction and we all know who is leading the charge and who is leading them so why can't we see that and elect people who understand the devil comes but to steal, kill and destroy.

2007/7/13 16:49

Re:

I agree with Jordan. Subscribe to Voice of the Martyr's email prayer points, and you will read of how ultra-nationalist Hindu's kill Christian converts, wreck Churches, etc.

It was a poor witness of Christ, in a place where it shouldn't be, the Senate Chambers, which are to be used for the conduct of legislative business. The Hindu chaplains prayers were pro forma, paint by the numbers, it should of been done and over, but nope, you got gallery zealots playing the same game that Hindu's do in India, except that these gallery zealots couldnt bring an AK into the Senate, otherwise they would have blasted that chaplain.

It was a "LOOK AT ME!!!" type of witness, very little fruit leaving a bad aftertaste.

2007/7/13 17:17
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

I think these people are valiant. Brothers maybe you should look beyond just the video for a little context. The man and the woman were not in D.C. to protest the Hindu...they just happened to be there when it took place. They are a husband and wife who were lobbying to stop the hate-crimes bill.

Honestly if this was grand-standing, and not a witness for Christ, then neither was the hermit in Foxe's Book of Martyrs who stepped into the middle of a gladiatorial event in the latter part of the Roman empire.

I think Paul's preaching left a lot of "bad aftertaste" many times too. After all, he did say the Christ is the savor of death to those who are perishing.

In Christ,
Jeremy Hulsey

2007/7/13 20:22Profile
Compton

Re:

Yesterday I heard a radio conversation where a caller called in to express the belief that if we were following the Constitution, there should be no prayer of any kind allowed in the Senate or House. When the host reminded him that it was the framers of the constitution themselves who instituted prayer in their first sessions, the caller stumbled for a second and then angrily replied: "Well they weren't following the constitution either!"

Quick, give that caller a job teaching history at a university!

MC

2007/7/13 21:21Profile

"bad taste"?

Paul and Mars Hill is a lot different from Paul and the Roman Senate, Jeremy.

and Heaven forbid, we should have hate crime legislation, maybe we shouldn't have passed that anti-lynching bill a few years back, or maybe we should just charge those neo-nazi's who trash a synagogue, spray swastika's all over it and burn and destroy a priceless Torah, that had been rescued from a well in Europe when it was liberated in WW2, maybe we should just charge them with simple vandalism?

yep, thats the answer. them liberals, what will they try and do next?

2007/7/14 2:33
hulsey

Missouri

Re: "bad taste"?

Quote:
Paul and Mars Hill is a lot different from Paul and the Roman Senate, Jeremy.

Actually Paul did speak before the Roman senate when he appealed to Caesar. Acts ends shortly before that event.

2007/7/14 12:54Profile

Re:

Col 1:16-20
16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

I would think if Jesus was to ask us at the marriage supper of the Lamb if I had always stood for the supremacy of Christ and we said everywhere except the US Senate and the government because certain men said we were excused from acknowledging HIM there and when it came to governmental issues. Do you think that would be ok with HIM. I think it would be the wrong answer.

2007/7/14 16:20

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy