SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : How to deal with not hearing Gods voice?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Talkn2u

Re: How to deal with not hearing Gods voice?

Yes...all of us who have prayed that prayer and have surrendered all to walk in His Way and Will in our lives, have been exactly where you are.

His Word is true...He never leaves you not for a second...he is aware of each breath you inhale...
But in those times when you don't "feel" His Presence, and you Seek His Word and nothing seems to come to your spirit...PRESS IN.

Do not back off, do not give up, do not walk away....

When this has happened to me I have stood to my feet and looked up and told Him, "Father, whether I feel you or not. Whether I am clearly hearing your Voice or not, no matter what, I will come after you!!! You are my ONLY SOURCE and I will not back off."

Go after Him, in desperation!!! He is your only source...

Don't let the voice of condemnation, or what you may have done or NOT done, keep you from pursuing Him...

Confess any and all sin. Ask Him to reveal areas that need cleansing in your life...Renew your mind in the Word...

And constantly go after Him...
Once you have sincerely prayed that prayer to Him, you will never again be satisfied outside of His presence...you will come full circle each and every time you even try to step away...

You will be restless; disappointed in yourself when you compromise...you will always be drawn to want to know where "HE" is in your life.

No one is a substitute...No one will fulfill or satisfy you but Him.

Press In...and you will discover you have gone deeper in your walk with Him.

Bonnie

2007/7/14 11:09Profile
Talkn2u

Re: How to deal with not hearing Gods voice?

Johnathon:
Go over to the Devotional Thoughts forum.
read "Overwhelmed" by Broken One.
You will think that YOU wrote that.
See? We all feel this way when we are seeking a deeper walk with God.

Be encouraged.
Jesus is just so very wonderful isn't He ?????

Bonnie

2007/7/14 11:27Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

Yea its very nice! :-)

Jesus is wonderful!

2007/7/15 9:30Profile

Re:

Warrior, I too have prayed that prayer some years ago and I currently am smacked down in the middle of it. It's a trying time where you can't do nothing. I can veer off and sin sure, but after years of a sin-repent life, I know the consequences of that so why bother. It's better to stay focused, not to go off into sin or veer off into works, but to just by faith remembering that Christ is working out all things for our good. And believe me I see no good happening, all I see is doubt, confusion, despair of life and the never ending story's "nothingness" and purpose.

That looks pretty bleak doesn't it? :-P , well my brother thats not concentrated 24/7 all the time, those are just periods of time, there are periods where there is cloud dissipation and relief, however, it's only fleeting. Those moments let me know that the LORD is still with me regardless of the circumstances.

This all started when I realized that we are dead with Christ and our life is hid in Him. My part is to count myself as a dead man and to maintain that standing while the holy Ghost works on my behalf by faith. If I sin the work stops, because there is no faith in sin. "Whatsoever is not of faith is sin".

With all that is happening in our lives one thing is certain, we love the LORD and He loves us. We want to do His will, and to walk in the fullness of the Spirit of God.

When I said, "I want to know you LORD", I didn't expect darkness and shadows of death, however, thy Rod and they Staff, they bring me comfort. The Rod and the Staff are His strapping tools, they bring me comfort knowing this that "Whom the LORD loveth, He chasteneth and scourgeth every son whom He receiveth." For that alone I love Him.

Oh to hear His voice again, I hope it will be soon, even a dream would be nice.

God Bless Warrior, your not alone.

2007/7/16 12:28
HopePurifies

Georgia, USA

Re:

Quote:

rookie wrote:
Psalm 119

9 How can a young man cleanse his way?
By taking heed according to Your word.
10 With my whole heart I have sought You;
Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!
11 Your word I have hidden in my heart,
That I might not sin against You.
12 Blessed are You, O LORD!
Teach me Your statutes.
13 With my lips I have declared
All the judgments of Your mouth.
14 I have rejoiced in the way of Your testimonies,
As much as in all riches.
15 I will meditate on Your precepts,
And contemplate Your ways.
16 I will delight myself in Your statutes;
I will not forget Your word.
17 Deal bountifully with Your servant,
That I may live and keep Your word.
18 Open my eyes, that I may see
Wondrous things from Your law.

The word of God trains one to recognize His voice.

If God said to Cain,

Gen. 4:6 So the LORD said to Cain, “Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? 7 If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.”

Should He not expect the same of us?

In Christ
Jeff

Amen.

2007/7/16 15:30Profile
HopePurifies

Georgia, USA

Re:

Yeah, I don't know about you, but God has been overly gracious to me, given my lameness towards Him.
I would have quoted a bunch of other people and said amen too, like PaulWest (I always like what he has to say :-)) and others but I didn't think about it and then I was like, well it's all right there for reading anyway!
But yeah, Jesus will never leave us in that state of badness if we seek to get out and are genuinely sad that we got there, and ready to remedy the situation. He loves us, very much.
And yeah, I happen to be a sister, not a brother, but hmm, I guess my name isn't as feminine as I thought it was haha. :-)
May God's peace and grace be on you all.

2007/7/16 15:40Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

Quote:
My part is to count myself as a dead man and to maintain that standing while the holy Ghost works on my behalf by faith...

"Whom the LORD loveth, He chasteneth and scourgeth every son whom He receiveth."

Oh yes, especially the last is encouraging! He only does this to the ones He loves. :-)
Actually I listened to a nice sermon from David Wilkerson about this; [i]'How to be faithful to God'[/i]. As for a comment on this sermon, I certainly was trying alot myself... the part where David talks about the lies of the devil especially got my attention, thats like what I went through!

@ sister! HopePurifies

Quote:
But yeah, Jesus will never leave us in that state of badness if we seek to get out and are genuinely sad that we got there, and ready to remedy the situation. He loves us, very much.

Thank God He loves us, and doesn't just leave us! Where would we be without Him? I'm thankful that God once directed me to this site through another brother.
I will try to remember that you are female, apology for naming you a brother. ;-)

God bless you guys with more of Himself!

2007/7/16 16:21Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy