SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : How to deal with not hearing Gods voice?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: How to deal with not hearing Gods voice?

The answer, warrior, is not my experience. The answer is...His Word.

The funny thing about "God speaking" is that, according to Hebrews 1, God has spoken. He has spoken to us "by His Son".

I think what you may be dealing with is, not "feeling" God, and what He is teaching you (as He teaches all of His children) is that "the just(ified) shall live by faith"..in His Word. Not by experiences or feelings.

Quote:
I don't see any progression in my walk with God, no prayers anwsers... its horrible... How can I find Gods will in my life? How can I live without having Gods discernment? The worst thing is that I even had some old sins returning lately... I don't feel comfortable, I have the idea that something is wrong, I just can't seem to decipher what it is.

We have a promise, that God will conform us into the image of His Son. He will do it, we were ordained to it. Christ will be formed in us. And like Lazarus, God will allow us, His friends, to die. Remember, when Jesus heard that Lazarus was sick, He waited...He allowed the circumstances in Lazarus' life to bring him to a place of death!

He will bring us into circumstances and situations whereby we come face to face with who we really are. Like Lazarus, we will see that we just stink! There is no good thing in our flesh!

But we must remember, that according to His Word, He said He would never leave us nor forsake us.

When Lazarus was in the tomb, dead and stinking, and all those around were weeping in true sorrow. Remember that Jesus wept. He wept for all those around because He truly felt there pain, but He also knew that this death was necessary. It was the Father's will. He sees you where you are, and He is weeping, like a Father, because He knows He has to allow you to go through this.

You are not out of the will of God. You are right smack in it. " This is the will of God...even your sanctification!"

Why did Jesus allow the death of Lazarus? So that all might see the Glory of God. A resurrected life. A life raised by the Word of God. A life dependent, not upon feelings, not upon "voices", not upon experience, but a life dependent upon the Word of God.

Go to His Word and find out what He has done for you In Christ, and find out who you are In Christ.
If you ask, He will answer. How do I know that...because it says so in His Word!

2007/7/13 11:06
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

Thank you all for your replies in love! :)

@ brother Paul,

Quote:
And nobody warned you what to expect?

Nobody did as I prayed it to the Lord on my own without other people hearing it.

Perhaps this is about dieing to self, and maybe I am trying to 'stay alive'.
A bibletext comes to mind; in Matthew 16:25 it says:
“For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.” I guess I'm not that 'dead' as I thought I was.

Quote:
The prayer "Whatever the cost" is scary one. The cost is very, very high. Take courage in knowing you're not alone, brother -- I'm paying it too, everyday, and so are some others here... He's teaching you to come to Him and Him alone for life.

Yea, its a scary prayer... but I knew enough that it was the only way to follow the Lord back then. Even then I did not realize what it means, perhaps/probably even now I still don't fully. If God is teaching me to come to Him its a hard lesson, still I can rejoice in that as it means that He didn't left me! :) I remember that the word says that God chastens and disciplines his children!
Quote:
Welcome to the school of God!

At my work I was thinking about faith as a military bootcamp ... people dropout, but thats no option when following God.
Thank you for the welcome! I hope and pray that I don't dropout.
Quote:
The "old sins" come back, because they we're never really gone. They just sort of went into a dormancy. This is why we need to constantly feed on the Word of God -- the light imparted from the Word keeps our bodily temptations and youthful lusts at bay. It's easier to not yield to temptation or entertain filthy thoughts when we are walking with refreshed inner men, washed by the Word, abiding in God.

Amen! I might pm you about an issue that I have, perhaps you can give me some godly advice on that. But perhaps its not necessary anymore, I'll see how the following days go.

(about your 2nd reply)

Quote:
The question now is, however, will you allow God to mortify the scum by the Spirit? Will you trust and obey? If not, you need light! You need a taste of God's ineffable purity...and this can be found by soaking in the Word of God and surrendering day-by-day to God's scouring process.

Oh so often did I come to that conclusion to be soaked and to surrender day-by-day. For the last few months I would say: 'Amen, but how?', I tried and failed.

Perhaps its that I want to have a close and awesome relation with God like many great man of God have and had, but without paying the cost. I can't be close to God if I don't want God to mortify the scum in my life. But for now I will say Amen on your words! I do want the scum to be mortified and I do want to get soaked and surrender day-by-day, I'll bring this issue to Him in prayer!

2007/7/13 20:38Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

@ brother Eddy,

Quote:
Jonathan, Brother Paul said it better than I can, but if I may the Bible speaks of vexing the Holy Spirit. My understanding is that this is allowing sin to reenter your life. Sin is a very serious matter and I would repent immediately.

Yea, vexing the Holy Spirit is a bad thing... I asked forgiveness for the old sins that returned and I haven't sinned those sins again so far. Sin indeed is very serious, I did repent and am still repenting. I hope God shows me what still is wrong and unrepented.

Quote:
You will be chastened and the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.

Amen! You know that I decided to listen to a sermon after I posted this thread... I listened to 'Maintaining a pure heart in a wicked age' from David Wilkerson. I touched my heart as I had tears coming out my eyes hearing examples of brethren that fell to sin. The sermon was also a warning about not having the 'fear of God', and yes thats what you (and others) say too. I also know that I lost the 'fear of God', but I don't dare to fall in that old sin again after those 2 sermons, luckily the desire to sin that old sin is gone.

Quote:
Turn to The Word of God and seek and pray earnestly and with faith that God will answer but ask for spiritual gifts that will lead to peace and rest.

I will, thank you Rowdy! Thank You Lord for moving me!

2007/7/13 20:39Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

@ brother HopePurifies,

What does it mean for you to not have given over that part of your life?
I remember myself asking God if I should go to the bible school I am in now, God did not reply and I had to make a choice, its so hard if you are left over to your own judgement.

Quote:
So, since I think that's whats going on with me, I encourage to look inside yourself for things you haven't surrendered to God.

Otherwise, it might just be what that awesomely encouraging 1 Peter scripture said.

Good advice. :-)

2007/7/13 20:41Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

@ brother FreebyWord,

Quote:
Lord Jesus help Warrior4Yah and me and any other who would pray this prayer to walk in obedience to You, to Your Word. We cry out to you Lord for favor to do Your will no matter what it takes, no matter the cost to our flesh or life. Amen

Amen! and thankyou! :-)

About the topic, I'll read that too... but maybe not tonight (now almost 3 am!). Thank you!

2007/7/13 20:41Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

@ brother Ste,

Quote:
Wise words from bro PaulWest, just to add my humble offerings, remember Job, he went though a time when God was silent, He 'wants to see what we will do' when He takes a 'step away' from us (figuratively speaking, we do it often with little children to see how they'll act when they think they're on their own) if we turn to our old ways then it shows what is still inside us that must be dealt with, He wants us to follow Him even when we can't see or hear Him, it sounds strange but I believe it teaches us more about ourselves than any other method.

Lately I did have the idea that I was being tested or tried, can't add anymore to that.

Quote:
Use this 'desert place' to spend time reading the bible, fill up your spare time with God things, then when you arrive in the Land of Promise you will be somewhat prepared for the battles waiting for you there.

Filling up my spare time with God things was/is exactly my problem, I couldn't get myself to do it. Although I pray and read the Bible everyday it often slides from being earnest to 'repeating the same words' and 'just a quick read'. I was also being attracted more and more to the things I put away when I first got reborn.
I'm thanking God that he gave me a 'kick' so I get serious with Him and I hope and pray that I will stay serious about Him.

2007/7/13 20:44Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

Thanks brother Jeff! Beautiful psalm, and its truth too. About Genesis 4:6 that sin lies at the door... reminds me of that other sermon I listened to today 'How to keep your home from satanic influences' from David Wilkerson... must hear, atleast it was for me! :-)

2007/7/13 20:45Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

@ sister Diane,

Thank you for your godly advice!

2007/7/13 20:45Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

@ brother(?) death2self,

Quote:
Was there a point in time where you left Jesus or violated something you had agreed to do? That's the road back to Jesus and it's generally quite painful and may take you some time. The devil will say it's no use to pray and no use to read the scriptures because God has left you. I encourage you to seek Him with all of your heart and cry out to Him in your prayer closet. He has NOT left you.

A good question, I have wondered about that for quite a few times... I just can't think up of the thing (or probably series of things) that took my focus of the Lord.
I do know when it started to happen... probably around the time that I had a lot of contact with a dear sister of mine which I was in love with. I told her that I was in love with her, but she had no feelings for me. Still we prayed that we might become good friends and that the Lord might still open a door at her heart if it was His will. We became very good friends and I was as filled with God as I could be at that time, I kept talking about God and the things I found out in His word in my quiet times. At some point she asked me if we could also talk about personal things instead of God all the time, not that she didn't like that, she loved it.. but she got tired.. I guess thats normal if you have to hear someone talk about God for hours. :-)

So I also started to talk more about my personal life, very very slowly my focus must have drifted off... I remember not being so on fire for God anymore when I (was about to lose)/lost my contact with her (long story). At that time I did find a lot of comfort from the Lord about my situation... anyhow I won't write more, I still don't know if this is the cause... The Lord already showed me in the past that I tend to declare victory to soon or that I to easily thought a spiritual problem was solved or that I had found the answer. The last thing I should do now is to say that I'm fine now and point to a series of things which I would bring up as method. That would be very unwise and I have the risk of trying to get God in a box. I need to ask the Lord about your question.

True thing about the progression, I almost got totally sucked in those old sins. At on point in my life weeks ago I had an attack on me where a voice told me to give up and pursue my passions and say goodbye to God. Really a scary time... :S
Thank you Lord for not giving up on me!! You are so Faithful Lord! :D

2007/7/13 20:50Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

@ brother mahoney,

Quote:
I think what you may be dealing with is, not "feeling" God, and what He is teaching you (as He teaches all of His children) is that "the just(ified) shall live by faith"..in His Word. Not by experiences or feelings.

At the start of being reborned I was “feeling” God! But after a while I didn't always or even not anymore have this. I talked with quite some people over the time and I remember the scripture where Jesus says that He will always be with us even until the end of the world. I remember using this scripture to comfort some which also didn't felt God anymore. I used to say that Jesus will be with us, but He never sad that He would let us “feel” Him always.

Yes, I had trouble not feeling God... perhaps there still is a desire to feel God, but I think its more about having my prayers not answered and God keeping silent at important or smaller decisions in my life. This is very discouraging over a long period of time.

Quote:
When Lazarus was in the tomb, dead and stinking, and all those around were weeping in true sorrow. Remember that Jesus wept. He wept for all those around because He truly felt there pain, but He also knew that this death was necessary. It was the Father's will. He sees you where you are, and He is weeping, like a Father, because He knows He has to allow you to go through this.

You are not out of the will of God. You are right smack in it. " This is the will of God...even your sanctification!"

Thank you for your words! Its a great comfort to be reminded that Jesus wept, I know He still cares for me, He hasn't forsaken me yet! Thank God for His grace, mercy and love! Also God, as David Wilkerson pointed out, is not to be mocked. Our God is also a righteous, holy and jealous God!

Quote:
Go to His Word and find out what He has done for you In Christ, and find out who you are In Christ.
If you ask, He will answer. How do I know that...because it says so in His Word!

You are right He will answer, He will in His time.

Btw, I didn't expect so much replies... that took me a while to answer you guys. :-)

2007/7/13 20:53Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy