SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : I Hate your Feast Days

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
Isaiah64

Re:

"Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment."
John 7:24

"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God."
James 1:19-20

"If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain."
James 1:26

"Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth! And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell."
James 3:5-6

It has been strongly suggested numerous times before that we pray before posting. To this I add that perhaps we also do some research to find out a little more about a preacher before we begin to criticize him and his sermon/article.

It might save us time, effort, and wasted words. And it will keep us from sin.

2007/7/15 21:29Profile

Re:

Quote:
The lord loves his church Jim, and the church is the gathering of believers, not of course a building. But it was established in the book of acts, and the true apostles were willing to die for it. And never quit on it as such as ones like you.

Brother - again, I am afraid that you dont have a clear idea of what the Church is... I quit on the babylonian religous system that calls it self 'the church", though it is a harlot imposter. I did not quit on the true Church.

In fact, by publishing articles such as this that are written by godly men, calling people out of unclean alters, I have self evidently not truly given up on those in the system either.

I minister on the streets of Detroit with crack dealers, prostitutes, and others that do not belong to the system and need a shining light along with other brothers and sisters and together we ARE the Church, walking in true unity through His light with the blood of Jesus Christ cleansing us from all sin. I dont want you to think that I forsake gathering together, I just forsake gathering at unclean alters. Jesus and the Apostles do not love the great whore... they despise her, and how much more so when those who are called His children committ adultery with her.

I am not against gathering in a building, I am against the religous system that the GREAT majority of people who gather in buildings are a part of... and so is the God that these people claim to serve as clearly displayed in scripture.

I hope I have cleared up some misunderstanding.

In Christ - Jim

2007/7/15 22:04

Re:

Quote:

I quit on the Babylonian religious system that calls it self 'the church",

Which from your posts I feel includes EVERY Body of believers that meets in a building. As for the religious system, Good, I'm with you, we don't need more stale bread anymore.
I just would encourage you to be open in finding a good Spirit Filled church for yourself to worship at and get involved with. You’re not a sinner if you don't, but you can miss many ministry opportunities that you may one day regret. There is nothing wrong with a good Holy Word teaching and living church.

2007/7/16 1:22

Beloved brother Paul

Quote:
If anyone has a tendency to come off wrong in these forums, it is I.

me too.

But we, you, Jimmy, Josef, are all growing In Christ, and growing in His love, and THAT is to His Glory, and THAT is the heart of Church.

much love to you.

2007/7/16 2:35

Re:

Quote:
The Lord is in the process of refining all of us, and if anyone needs work, it is I. Because I am such a flawed vessel, I'm learning to not be so quick to judge other brothers' ministries and assume I know their hearts -- because I just might misinterpret them. And I know what that feels like.

Brother Paul

I know what you're saying, dear brother, same here, same here. How we all need more grace, mercy, love and compassion! May God never cease to refine me and purge out everything that's unlike His matchless Son! I know the day God stops chastening me is the day I become the biggest fool and screw-up that's ever been born among the children of men!

2007/7/16 16:37

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy