SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Seventh Day Adventists Doctrine, most specifically on the Immortal Soul

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

I'm sorry MS, I didn't mean it to look like I was coming down on you.

Many sects keep the "rough stuff" out of their Statements of faith, so people won't run off too quick. Not just the SDA's.

When you read about them thinking the mark of the beast is anyone worshipping on Sunday and all the other stuff, it's probably too late to come out from there, because of all the truths that they may have.

I have a SDA friend too. We agree on a lot of things, but I pray for her to come out from "under the law" and see it's by Grace alone.

Again, I'm sorry if my post appeared to be targeting you rather than the SoF itself.

His Peace.
annie

2007/7/13 15:04
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

Quote:

GrannieAnnie wrote:
I'm sorry MS, I didn't mean it to look like I was coming down on you.

Many sects keep the "rough stuff" out of their Statements of faith, so people won't run off too quick. Not just the SDA's.

When you read about them thinking the mark of the beast is anyone worshipping on Sunday and all the other stuff, it's probably too late to come out from there, because of all the truths that they may have.

I have a SDA friend too. We agree on a lot of things, but I pray for her to come out from "under the law" and see it's by Grace alone.

Again, I'm sorry if my post appeared to be targeting you rather than the SoF itself.

His Peace.
annie

No worries, Annie. :-) I didn't think you were coming down on me. I only wanted to clarify for my own sake.

I do feel your concerns about the SDAs. They have some very flawed views, which can lead to bondage. My cousin and I had a very intense conversation about the Sabbath. She gave me a list of Scripture as to why they believe what they believe and I answered her with Scripture as to why we believe differently. As we decided to agree to disagree, she said,'it sounded to me like you think that we are legalistic.' I said that is what it sounds like to me, but she said that isn't how it is, they don't believe their salvation is based on it. I think that having been brought up her whole life in the SDA church, the things they do is just part of who she is. I also have great concerns about how they take Ellen White's teachings as Gospel.

I guess the best thing we can do is pray!

In Him,

2007/7/13 16:00Profile

Re:

Quote:
Can you explain what the other false teachings are? I've had some tell me that it's a false teaching to meet on Saturday, but I don't see were the days were changed in the Bible. However, I'm interested in learning about the SDA.

Meeting on Saturday is not a false teaching. A church is free to meet anyday of the week. They teach, however, that if you dont meet on Saturday (the Sabbath) then you are not saved. In fact they claim that churches that meet on Sunday are the anti-Christ.

There are a plethura of false teachings in the SDA, but I dont have time to get into it all right now. Google "SDA false doctrines" and it's all just a click away.

Krispy

2007/7/13 16:30

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy