Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Life and in all its fullness

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Life and in all its fullness

John 10:10
10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

I have so wanted to apprehend this verse!!

Joh 14:6 - Show Context
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jesus himself is life!!

What does it mean to live a life that fully glorifies god!!
We live in a world that has the stench of death all around it, whilst we as christians are living for a world that is in the future and a life yet to come , as charles spurgeon puts it, Edit
We are wanting a pure river rather than a muddy river.

2007/7/12 8:41Profile

Re: Life and in all its fullness

To bring glory to the Father we must lift up the name of Jesus. Not a popular thing to do in America these days. The popular belief if to give way to religious tolerance. Don't hurt anyones feelings. Be sensitive, Give everything and everyone equal footing with Jesus. We live in a world that plays a word games.
religious tolerance-any God is god as another
alternative lifestyle-homosexuality
pro-choice-pro-death
inappropriate relationship-adultery
situational ethics- the good ole boy game
carnal christian-lost person

God did not call us to be popular, or to be in tune with the culture or to be a agreeing with the sinfulness of the world. But to be set apart for his service. a royal priesthood, a peculiar people. Present our bodies a living sacrifice for it is our reasonable service.

Rev 16:9
9 They were seared by the intense heat and they cursed the name of God, who had control over these plagues, but they refused to repent and glorify him.

Repentance is more than a one time prayer. The defintion of Repent is a change in direction of the heart and the mind. When you see mast repentance in America it will all but make some political parties obselete, close down businesses and change the culture. I don;t think we could even know all the positive effects it would have. Then we would bring glory to the Father as Jesus did. Not our will but HIS be done. Not a job for a pansy.

2007/7/12 16:12

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy