SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What does the Bible say about sex change ?..

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
thevoice

What does the Bible say about sex change ?..

I recently went to worship in a denominational church near my hotel in a major city in N.A. while on vacation. I enjoyed the music and worship very much, but later found out that the music director is gay and married to another member in the choir! I further learn't that the pianist also has recently had a sex change.

Not sure what the bible says about what I think is a mess in this church.

I have not been able to find any scripture on people who have had sex change or gays hold a position/role in the church/worship.

2004/4/21 13:56Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: What does the Bible say about sex change ?..

Quote:
have not been able to find any scripture on people who have had sex change or gays hold a position/role in the church/worship.

I was reading your post and found it absolutely amazing that we even need to ask and answer these questions in the church today.

I believe there are a number of Scriptures that identify homosexuality as deviant, sinful behavior, just as there are many that identify stealing, lying, and killing as deviant, sinful behavior. Here is one such example;

[i]Or don't you know that the unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don't be deceived. Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor slanderers, nor extortioners, will inherit the Kingdom of God. Such were some of you, but you were washed. But you were sanctified. But you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and in the Spirit of our God.[/i]
(1 Corinthians 6:9-11 WEB)

If a person claims to have faith in Jesus Christ and yet continues to openly and willingly sin then I have to wonder if they are really saved;

[i]Whoever is born of God doesn't commit sin, because his seed remains in him; and he can't sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are revealed, and the children of the devil. Whoever doesn't do righteousness is not of God, neither is he who doesn't love his brother.[/i]
(1 John 3:9-10 WEB)

The church shouldn't hate any sinners, but the church also shouldn't open our arms as far as their serving in the church. Every church should open their arms to all sinners who are seeking and they should minister to them. That is not the same thing as accepting them. If a person is not living a Christian life then they should not be allowed to teach or lead groups or serve in the church. Again that goes for the liar, drunk, the adulterer and the homosexual. Once that person has been washed, sanctified, and justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God, as Paul says, then they should be treated just like any other Christian.

In Christ,

Ron

2004/4/21 15:09Profile
openairboy

Re:

Amen Ron. Yes, this is unbelievable. I realize some will protest that it is the OT, but consider the fact that God doesn't want men to dress like woman. Our culture, America, has had a general shift towards androgyny and the Church must resist this cultural impulse. This ties in with all sorts of issues, but the general sexual, in all levels, confusion isn't the cause of God. We have simply sought to redefine everything and become gods ourselves. We truly do what is right in our own eyes. This should make us seek the face of our God all the more. May we not become a part of such darkness and chaos.

12 “Yet even now,” declares the Lord,
“return to me with all your heart,
with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning;
13 and rend your hearts and not your garments.”
Return to the Lord, your God,
for he is gracious and merciful,
slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love;
and he relents over disaster.
14 Who knows whether he will not turn and relent,
and leave a blessing behind him,
a grain offering and a drink offering
for the Lord your God?

15 Blow the trumpet in Zion;
consecrate a fast;
call a solemn assembly;
16 gather the people.
Consecrate the congregation;
assemble the elders;
gather the children,
even nursing infants.
Let the bridegroom leave his room,
and the bride her chamber.

17 Between the vestibule and the altar
let the priests, the ministers of the Lord, weep
and say, “Spare your people, O Lord,
and make not your heritage a reproach,
a byword among the nations.
Why should they say among the peoples,
‘Where is their God?’”

2004/4/21 15:16Profile
KeithLaMothe

Here I was surprised a few months ago that it was regular to have to defend the doctrine of the Trinity.

But [i]this[/i] is just preposterous.

If you learn that a church is even seriously [b]considering[/b] letting an unrepentant sinner into the pulpit or lead worship (or be part of the choir or worship team or whatever), saturate that church with your absence and encourage others to do the same.

I don't mean to be overly harsh, but something like that is just [i]too[/i] much of a profanity to be rightly considered a house of worship of the Living God.

2004/4/21 18:02Profile
shazbot

USA

The Bible is pretty strong against all forms of sexual perversion.

The real question here is: If a person comes to Christ who was once a slave to perversion in this way, what are we to do about it? If "he" used to be a man, should "he" have another operation to change back? That's a tough one, but I don't want to think about it for too long because, quite frankly, it's 1. creepy, and 2. gross.

2004/4/21 21:25Profile
Everlast

Missouri

Re:

Quote:
The real question here is: If a person comes to Christ who was once a slave to perversion in this way, what are we to do about it? If "he" used to be a man, should "he" have another operation to change back? That's a tough one, but I don't want to think about it for too long because, quite frankly, it's 1. creepy, and 2. gross.

I have thought about this question as well...when I have seen TV shows about sex changes (Discovery Channel) I have often thought...what happens if that person realizes the errors of their way and accepts Jesus? What do they do? Gross...yes, interesting...for me, yes. Hmm...

2004/4/22 0:17Profile
dougkristen

Re:

If a person was not saved and practiced homosexuality and received HIV while unsaved and then repented of his/her sin, does this remove the consequence of sin? No. Sin still has consequences if you are a Christian or not.
Pray...

Grace,
Doug

2004/5/4 11:59Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

If you learn that a church is even seriously considering letting an unrepentant sinner into the pulpit or lead worship (or be part of the choir or worship team or whatever), saturate that church with your absence and encourage others to do the same.
Man, you have a way with words :-). All this reminds me of a story I heard about the baptist church considering ordination of homosexuals (obviously along time ago). The Gay lobby got some queer guy to come in and argue that we all sin and that his sin should not be considered worse than any other...yada-yada. When nearly everyone was convinced, one guy got up and asked if he felt convicted while having sex with his boyfriend (sorry about the cruedity, but after all, that's what we're talking about here)...case closed!!

2004/5/6 7:51Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy