SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Lasting Fruit

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Lasting Fruit

Many know the Romans Road. But why not something that speaks more of lasting walk. Not just a quick microwave conversion or repentance just to fall back into a sinful lifestyle, but lasting repentance. This is not a new once saved always saved remix. I am wondering to myself why we have a roman's road and not a lasting road. Share your thoughts please.

2007/7/11 2:39

Re: Lasting Fruit

I believe all God's children need to know daily that we had and are still experiencing a genuine conversion that occured in our life whether it was 5 minutes ago or 20 years ago. We can't produce anything other than genuine faith from our hearts and even he gives us that ability. God has to produce the fruit thru us. I personally want to be able to look back always and see God's hand and HIS SPIRIT in my life. I need to see it daily. It takes faith and trust to see God at work in our life. He will not come or move or work without the heart being surrendered to HIM and trusting in Jesus not only as Saviour but Lord. I need to HIM daily to walk with me. Ask myself do you see anything different about yourself than you did prior to your surrender or yesterday. Do I have a different outlook on money, family, church, government, enemies. If we don't see a difference we have not been born of HIS SPIRIT and washed in HIS blood. Unto him that is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we can ask or think according to the faith that is in us. My mind and my thoughts are my worst enemy. Regularly I have to take every thought captive that exalts itself against the knowledge of Christ. The more word we put in our hearts and our minds the more thanks and the realization of HIS grace and HIS mercy will be.
If it was not 1st John 1:9 there would be no hope for me.

2007/7/11 22:40

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy