SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Pope: Other Christian denominations not true churches.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
why doesn't somebody write him and tell him that when he rids his "church" of the battalions of hellbound homosexual predatory child molesting "priests", we MIGHT start paying mind to the paperwork emanating out of rome?

Even if the RCC had no history of pedophilia, and the priests were instead the epitome of humility, piety and philanthropy, the church of Rome would still be the false system it is. In most cases, Rome actually [i]outshines[/i] Protestantism in all the above!

So, remember, this tirade can be turned back equally on Protestantism. We've had more than our share of child-molesters, money-grubbers, authority-mongers and religious charlatans. Do we define Biblical authenticity by the moral climate of men? I propose that what the Pope says has no creedence not because of the isolated debaucherous incidents within the RCC, but because of the very [i]system[/i] he is a part of.

Brother Paul

2007/7/12 11:47Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

jimdied2sin

Quote:
Martin Luther reformed the church back to its post constantine apostacy and no further. Lets read the book of Acts and the words of Jesus instead!

My point of argument was not about any particular system of religion Luther may or may not have developed, but rather that of his keen insights into the nature of the Roman Catholic Church.

Quote:
So are Protestantism and Christianity.

Interesting observation.

2007/7/12 13:29Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Quote:
Martin Luther reformed the church back to its post constantine apostacy and no further. Lets read the book of Acts and the words of Jesus instead!

Dear brother do you have any proof of this?

If anything, we should thank God for men like Luther, Zwingli, Calvin, Bucer, Tyndale and the others who under threat of death or imprisonment, and at great cost to them personally still went about the task of getting Scripture into the common languages of the people. Were it not for these men brother you could not read the book of Acts or the words of Jesus as they would still be in Latin, and not in the "vulgar" tongue of the common people.

Rome has always sought to do away with the personal ability to interpret Scripture, and if anyone would stop defending them for long enough to read the Council of Trent, you would see the whole plan laid out before your eyes. You would also see how far we have fallen from the Protestant views which gave birth to the Reformation.

Here are five things Rome will never embrace
Sola Scriptura-Scripture alone
Sola Fide-Faith Alone
Sola Gratia-Grace Alone
Solus Christus-Christ Alone
Soli Deo Gloria-God's Glory Alone

Of course these are the Five Solas of the Reformation, which the Council of Trent sought to demolish.

2007/7/12 13:42Profile

Re:

Quote:
Dear brother do you have any proof of this?

Yes- there are many resources avaialable. I hightly recommend "The Kingdom That Turned the World Upside Down" By David Bercot. Although, he has been criticized (and sometimes rightfully so) for lack of historical corroborate, there is a clear case laid out as to how the reformation only took us back to a lesser state of apostacy then that of rome... and even with that much of our modern mainline evangelical tradition is just a mix of the papacy and Constantines state sponsored "christianity". You should definately start googel-ing around if you want more info.

Quote:
If anything, we should thank God for men like Luther, Zwingli, Calvin, Bucer, Tyndale and the others who under threat of death or imprisonment, and at great cost to them personally still went about the task of getting Scripture into the common languages of the people.

Amen, they definately cut down many of the idols and perversions of rome... I do not argue with that! However, some of these men you mentioned (including Calvin) are known murderers who had "heretics" in their day killed and many of them joined the 'church' with the state, not taking notice of Christs warning to beware of the yeast of the herodians.

Quote:
Rome has always sought to do away with the personal ability to interpret Scripture, and if anyone would stop defending them for long enough to read the Council of Trent, you would see the whole plan laid out before your eyes. You would also see how far we have fallen from the Protestant views which gave birth to the Reformation.

I'm definately not sticking up for the develish whore of Roman Catholicism... but I will not stick up for the devilish whore of evangelical christianity either. The kingdom of God does not have a label, and no amount of clinging to right theology can make us a citizin of that great kingdom. it is an actual kingdom that exists now, it is not an organization or denomination, but an invisible kingdom that all true saints of God are currently walking in.

That's all I'm trying to say.

In Christ - Jim

2007/7/12 14:24
vsuarez

Re: Another Update

Reformed Church Head Rebuts Vatican's 'One True Church' Claim

The Christian Post reports that the head of a global body of Reformed churches has challenged the Vatican’s claim that the Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. In a letter addressed to Cardinal Walter Kasper, president of the Pontifical Council of Christian Unity, the Rev. Dr. Setri Nyomi of the World Alliance of Reformed Churches wrote: "We are puzzled by the release of a statement of this kind at this time in the history of the church. An exclusive claim that identifies the Roman Catholic Church as the one church of Jesus Christ... goes against the spirit of our Christian calling toward oneness in Christ. It makes us question the seriousness with which the Roman Catholic Church takes its dialogues with the Reformed family and other families of the church. It makes us question whether we are indeed praying together for Christian unity.”

Why are we trying to yoke a donkey and an ox together. It's unlawful. Now the self-deceived can get a grip on where they really stand in the eyes of the woman sitting on seven hills.

2007/7/13 8:25Profile
running2win

Bowmansville Penssylvania USA

Re:

Quote:
If anything, we should thank God for men like Luther, Zwingli, Calvin, Bucer, Tyndale and the others who under threat of death or imprisonment

AMEN!!! And if we were a threat to the devils puposes like they were then we'd face his onsloughts as well. They might not have had the scriptures as figured out as we do :-? but atleast they took action on what they knew!

2007/7/13 9:17Profile
lastblast

Michigan

Re:

Quote:
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Catholicism and Protestantism are two different religions.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So are Protestantism and Christianity.

You are so right, brother. I find one doctrine especially interesting: the doctrine of infallibility. Many protestants will come hard against this, yet many of the same Christians feel/teach that Christians must "submit" to their pastor/elder in doctrinal differences or they are in rebellion. What's the diff from how the Catholic Church teaches that it's members must submit to the teachings/words of the Pope?

On another note, I found it quite interesting when I read the news last week and found one diocese was sueing a nun for taking monies from the church. When dealing with child molesters, they have kept the "problem" in house, yet when they get ripped off monetarily, they take their problems to the secular courts. Speaks much to me about what is and what is not of value to at least that part of the Catholic church.............. :-(

2007/7/13 9:28Profile

Re:

Quote:
AMEN!!! And if we were a threat to the devils puposes like they were then we'd face his onsloughts as well. They might not have had the scriptures as figured out as we do but atleast they took action on what they knew!

No murderer is a [u]threat[/u] to the devil, they are actually a [u]child[/u] of the devil according to scripture and serve "another Jesus".

Quote:
What's the diff from how the Catholic Church teaches that it's members must submit to the teachings/words of the Pope?

Amen, that is a good question sister Cindy. I have been trying to show people how much of our evangelical "church system" is just a mildly reformed version of the catholic "church".

Oh the glorious freedom that God has purchased for His children, yet we sit content in babylon!

In Christ - Jim

2007/7/13 10:08
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

[url=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3308349518041058071&pr=goog-sl]History of the Papacy[/url]

In light of the Pope's recent comments, here is an excellent video by Richard Bennette, a former Catholic Priest.

2007/7/14 12:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy