Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : A Thomas Cook Quote

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
arevivalist

Virginia

A Thomas Cook Quote

In his book, "New Testament Holiness" (1902), Thomas Cook referred to a quote by "a widely-known preacher", "I enjoy that rest of faith that keeps me in perpetual motion." This quote has also been used by others in writings on holiness and "entire sanctification". Anyone here know who this "widely-known preacher" might be? Ever heard or read a sermon with that phrase?

2007/7/10 12:47Profile
death2self

Washington DC area

Re: A Thomas Cook Quote

I honestly don't know but since he was in England around the time the Salvation Army began it could have been one of the Booths. Here's an interesting short biography on Thomas Cook: [url=http://www.parbarwestward.org/Thomas_Cook/Thomas_Cook_Intro.php]Thomas Cook short bio[/url].

I would suggest contacting Brother Jim Kerwin as he may know. He's quite the historian...

2007/7/10 14:21Profile
arevivalist

Virginia

Re:

Thanks, death2self. As a matter of fact, I first saw the book, "New Testament Holiness", posted verbatim on Jim Kerwin's site. Jim, who has preached in my church (I'm a lay person in it), and who usually researches and notes references where possible, did not do so on his posting. He is on vacation at present and I can't query him further right now.

Thanks again, Norm.

2007/7/10 17:19Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy