SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What is meant by the letter kills?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re: What is meant by the letter kills?

I would like to thank each of you for seeking and sharing with us as you would your first love, the members of your own family.

Matthew 12
46. While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.
47. Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.
48. But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
49. And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
50. For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Don't you just love being a member of the family of God?

Eddie

2007/7/11 6:31Profile

Re:

Moe and Rowdy, AMEN !!!!

I didn't want to add anything to what the men were saying on here, but just wanted to show that even those great commentators lined right up with what the others have posted.

Robert's a humble one, but he has a good following here ... though he doesn't know it.

And Rookie's a 'stick by ya' kinda guy.

Now I've met more brethren here that are too and it "is" sweet Eddie, it's wonderful and thanks to Moe who started this beautiful thread ! Amen.

Family ! Yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

2007/7/11 13:28
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re: What is meant by the letter kills?

"Can we have a rebel gospel that don’t line up with the word?"

Yes. Just simply preach without studying what the Bible says. Much of this going on today. Men preaching tradition instead of Bible.

"What is meant in the above by the letter kills?"

The letter, God's Law, the Holy Writings of God, in themselves, do nothing but condemn us. We cannot perfectly fulfill God's commands to the letter. And by this I don't mean that because God says "preach the gospel" that we can't preach the gospel; I mean that you won't always preach the right word, you won't always preach to the right people, you won't properly pray for the preaching you do. For the Christian or the unsaved, God's Word, His written letter, will be the standard of our judgment. The unsaved will be cast into hell according to the Law; the saved will have the wood, hay, and stubble burned away according to the Law. As Ray Comfort says, "the Law doesn't help us, it just leaves us helpless."

Christ, however, is the focus of the Law (the letter), and the fulfillment of Law, and the Spirit He has given according to the Law takes these imperfect works of the saints, and sanctifies them, using us in His service, not because of what we do, but because of what He did. So it is not the writings of God that help us, but God Himself is our Helper. The Bible does not personally provide for us, the God of the Bible is our Provision, etc, etc.

I think about how that Bible says that even the Lord's Table can be a snare and a trap (Rom 11:9). God's Word can be also. We don't worship the Bible, but the God that the Bible directs us to. So those Ephesians, just as we do today, got into obeying the letter out of rut and duty, rather than out of love of the letter Writer.

"Are we under the law?"

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

We cannot be judged to be eternally condemned while trusting in Christ, as His fulfillment of the Law satisfied our payment for sin. However, we when operate outside of faith, as a believer, those things will be burned away at the Judgment Seat of Christ. We will not be burned away, but the unfaithfulness we carry about with us will be, ie: areas of our life that we did not obey God.

"What did he mean when he said he would remove the candlestick."

God will not bring His presence in revival power to fill, anoint, and show Himself strong in these Christians. They will still have the Holy Ghost in measure, but He will not pour His Spirit out upon them, He will not answer some prayers because of their sin (this brings up alot of debate but Isaiah and James made this clear), and they will not find much spiritual progress being made; you know, basically the way the vast majority of churches in America operate today. Without the candlestick you cannot have the flame. So when God's people get right with Him, He restores the candlestick and lights the flame by sending the Holy Ghost.

"How did they leave their first love?"

The key word here is "left". As taught from a Greg Locke sermon, this was a willing act to 'leave' their first love. The were doing all the things God said, but not with the right heart condition. They were preaching, praying, witnessing, etc, but all in the flesh. It was all an outward 'going through the motions' bit. There was not an inner grief for the lost, not a groaning to see God move, not a yearning toward the face of God; but just a robotic obediance to the letter.

2007/7/12 1:26Profile

Re:

[i][b]Amen good answer!!!! Does the letter really kill?[/b][/i]

2 Thess 3:14-15

[color=0000FF][u]14If anyone does not obey our If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of him[/u]If anyone does not obey our If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of him. Do not associate with him, Do not associate with him, in order that he may feel ashamed. 15 [u]Yet do not regard him as an enemy, but warn him as a brother.[/u][/color]

[b]The Holy Spirit does not give permission to disregard the Word or the letter but to know the Letter and the Word better and it also gives us the unction to strive to do it, not to profection but as the grace given to us..[/b]

[b]Passage of Peter backing up Paul's letters to the church!!!![/b]

2 Peter 3:14

[color=0000FF]Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; [u]even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction[/u].17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.[/color]

Phil 2:12-13
[color=0000FF]12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed-not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence-[u]continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.[/u][/color]

2007/7/13 11:52

Re:

edit: without HIS SPIRIT we will not have any desire to read, study or to strive to do. The Spirit working together with the Word!!!!
In the begining was the Word.

2007/8/19 0:02

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy