SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : my friend has a drunk father

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
luckyd

tx

my friend has a drunk father

my friend has a drunk father who has made his life very very hard. I have shared christ with him, but i feel like maybe he needs to hear from someone who has been in his shoes and found christ. He has never met a christian who had a rough life and made it with christ. He just knows me who has had an easy life. does anyone know maybe any preachings done by someone preferably young who had a drunkard dad like preferably a video, but whatever is available will do? i need to find someone who can relate to my friend. He is 19. he is also dating a girl who he is giving his life to and she is so horrible for him. he needs help. any other advice? its so hard for me sometimes to share christ. I have to admit i havent been a great example 100% of the time, and i cant say i always talk about christ, but he knows ive changed alot, i know he can finally consider me a christian for this past year. it wasnt always so growing up. but i have also had a very easy life compared to him and i dont know how to show him that even a hard life can be fixed. the stories in the bible will seem like just stories in the bible. I just want him to be able to relate to someone in these years.

2007/7/6 20:43Profile

Re: my friend has a drunk father

Quote:
I have to admit i havent been a great example 100% of the time, and i cant say i always talk about christ, but he knows ive changed alot, (and you also said) but i feel like maybe he needs to hear from someone who has been in his shoes and found christ.

Do not let satan discourage you, it really doesn't matter what "you" feel!!! :-D God gets the last Word!! I know you are thinking someone else can possibly help your friend better but let me tell you something, no one will love your friend like you do and because of your love for him, your prayers will reach heaven for your friend.

My pastor growing up always said, "It's easier to find six people to carry you to your grave than it is to find six who are willing to go to war on the floor for you." [Paraphased by me.] There are so many who are willing to carry us to our grave and be over and done with us when they plop us down in the grave but there are so few who are willing to go all the way with us in prayer.

I think your friend is blessed to have you and I think you are that one who will go all the way with him in prayer and see him into the Kingdom of God.

2007/7/6 23:45
Psalm_91

Re:

Many many years ago, when I had just truly begun to my walk with the Lord, a friend would nearly everyday tell me of her love of the Lord, and how good He is. She would constantly share with me her thoughts, and praise. Though back then, it didn't really seem to sink in, just didn't get it, for I had not yet been filled with the Holy Ghost, I just didn't get it.

Several years went by, I haven't seen her a very long time. But she was surely, what I call, one of the links. I see it how you see a chain. A chain made up of links. Each person adds a link, until your chain is complete. This woman added many links to my chain, and though she doesn't know that, the Lord knows that, and I am sure that Lord has surely blessed her for that...

2007/7/13 13:08Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I am praying
charlene

2007/7/15 23:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy