SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Message from the Persecuted Church to Us

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Gideons

Virginia

A Message from the Persecuted Church to Us

Here are some very profound questions from some Chinese pastors to those of us in Western countries. May the Holy Spirit stir our hearts with their words. I'm being convicted yet again while I reading this, again...

Quote:
What would the church be like without persecution?

The church wouldn't grow and there wouldn't be revival. The chinese chuch has grown and survived because of persecution. We don't like persecution, but every time it comes we grow and we fall in love with God more. No persecution means we will have lukewarm Christians with weak spiritual lives. In fact, without persecution, the number of churches in China would rise but their devotion would fall. (Ouch! editorial comment)

Quote:
Another pastor said:

"Persecution has caused us to spend time with Him. (Without persecution), the chinese church will lose its drive to evangelize. They will want to give money rather than go to reach the lost. They will want to stay home and pe prosperous. Without persecution we would have famous speakers without real power or depth going church to church."

Quote:
What would you say to the church in the west?

They need to realize religion is different from real lived-out faith. True faith is to lay down your life. Real Christians here don't chase titles or degrees. They seek the laying down of their lives and pleasures. They seek to the love the people of God; our Chinese pastors are giving their lives away.

Quote:
Another pastor answered this way...

I would tell them that the value of life is to live for Jesus. All the false pursuits of life will pass away. Only if your life is hidden with Christ will you find peace. Seek the righteousness of God to bring your life meaning.

Lord thank you for our precious brothers and sisters who are suffering around the globe for your Holy name. Change our focus from our methods, programs, and religious activities to focusing on our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen!

2004/4/19 20:10Profile
moreofHim

Re: A Message from the Persecuted Church to Us

Ed,
these statements are so humbling. if the whole of America could only see what we are being blessed with at the moment and know that it could be gone in a moment. Everything is taken for granted here and because of this there is too much consumption of everything. Food, pleasure, idle time, seeking our own good. It is very sad to see America from the Lord's point of view. I see it as a large, gluttonous, greedy, greasy, prideful, lustful man sitting on it's behind- while others are starving, laboring, suffering, and dying. (I actually saw this in a dream once).

[b]Look, this was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: She and her daughter had pride, fullness of food, and abundance of idleness; neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. Ezekiel 16:49 [/b]

Is this not America?

Someone in another thread asked if gluttony was actually a sin in the bible. YES!!!!!!!

I am so glad to see your heart "at His feet".

May you and your wife be blessed what ever the Lord leads you to do.

In Him, Chanin

2004/4/19 21:36Profile
rocklife

usa

Re: A Message from the Persecuted Church to Us

Praise God for sharing this message. Persecution is one of those things promised by Jesus, and obedient, Spirit-led, uncompromising Christians will face persecution, great or small. I pray God will strengthen and encourage all believers who are killed, ex-communicated from family, beaten, terrorized, or persecuted for their obedience to Jesus. Those precious Christians are no better or worse than those in other parts of the world, and God promises their labor is not in vain, even if their reward is in heaven and not in this life. I pray that God will keep all those He started a good work in, in Jesus' name, amen.

2004/4/26 15:38Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy