SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Holiness Possible Here in this World?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Holiness Possible Here in this World?

Titus2:11-12 - "For the [b]grace[/b] of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, [b]teaching[/b] us that, [b]denying ungodliness and worldly lusts[/b], we should live [b]soberly, righteously, and godly[/b], [u][b]in this present world[/b][/u]"

If righteousness and godliness were not possible in this present world, I wouldn't want to live here. But I thank God that His grace teaches me that it is possible in this world, by denying myself and picking up my cross and FOLLOWING JESUS!

2007/7/6 8:49
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Holiness Possible Here in this World?

Were holiness not possible in this world, God would not have required it of us.

I think we have a different view of holiness than God has and than what His word says.

Heb 12v14, 'Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord.'

We have a hard time knowing what holiness is, because we are can be so distracted by the things in this world and try to straddle the world and the Word. We compromise to accomadate the world to our requirements.

That is not how God wants it. Nothing in this world pertains to holiness, only that which God says leads to holiness does do so.

We are to deny ourselves, not because we want to, but because it is what God wants.

Great scripture from Titus 2. It says it all.

God bless.

2007/7/6 9:12Profile

Re:

Good word Jesse-

Sad that some turn the grace of God into a license to sin and some become pharisees by adding there own pet doctrines to the true definition of holiness... when they themselves do not live by their own doctrines.

In Christ - Jim

2007/7/6 9:26
rowdy2

Southern USA

Reply;

I believe God is Sovereign in my creation, and in my salvation, and His will be done. Did not God create me a vessel and if it be His will make me a vessel of honor or a vessel of shame?
The contents of the vessel is what God changes through the work of His Holy Spirit..

I too have a great work to do and that is to love Him and the One He sent and my neighbor with all my heart.

I pray my heart is good ground and not filled with the cares of this world or fear or doubts about my salvation.

What a God!
What a Savior!
What a plan of Salvation!
What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

Can you imagine the harm that would be done to creation if a mortal man was allowed to make a decision that effected the sovereignty of God!

Eddie

2007/7/6 9:57Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to [b]keep you from falling[/b], and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

isent this an encuragement?! HE is able brothers and sisters!

2007/7/6 11:29Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

This is literally the best news in the world for me. Nothing in the universe should bring more delight to our souls than walking straight and upright and clean before God. And knowing that He is able to keep us! Sin shall not have dominion over us because we are no longer under the law, but under grace. And as soon as we take this promise in faith, and believe God is truly able...we will see the glory of God manifest in our lives. It will be done according to our faith.

Now that is awesome news! Only believe! Sin shall not have dominion!

We need to stop looking to ourselves and look only to God [i]who is able to keep us![/i] Such divine truths can only be grasped by babes. If we truly believed God is able to keep sin from having dominion over us, and hid Romans 6:14 in our hearts...as soon as we are tempted, the Holy Ghost would bring this hid verse to the surface within our inner men. We would then [i]believe[/i] that God, in fact, [i]is[/i] truly able to keep us by trusting His Word! And suddenly we would see that we now have divine strength to turn away, to resist evil.

Brother Paul :-)

"Thy Word have I hid, that I might not sin against Thee..."

2007/7/6 11:36Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re:

The work of Christ on the cross makes
holiness possible. The promised Spirit
empowers and enables us to live a holy
life. But we must hunger for it and
earnestly desire a heart conformed to
God's will for us!! :-D

2007/7/29 16:54Profile

Re:

Quote:
Were holiness not possible in this world, God would not have required it of us.

Amen! You said it beautifully!! What is rightly required is reasonably renderable.

God requires from each individual precisely what that individual is capable of, to "love with all thy.."

2007/7/30 0:00
theopenlife

Re:

2 Timothy 3:16-17

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God [b]may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works[/b]."

I believe we can respond perfectly at every opportunity for good works.

2007/7/30 0:34Profile

Quote:

Lazarus1719 wrote:
by denying myself and picking up my cross and FOLLOWING JESUS!
quote]

Nice.... I'll throw these in also.

Php 3:13 Brethren, count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
Php 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Gal 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

2007/7/30 0:49

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy