SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The priestly ministry of sacrificial love

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

The priestly ministry of sacrificial love

I have been deeply convicted and challenged by the following quote. I thought I would share it here, perhaps others will take up the challenge also;

"Saving souls is a priestly ministry. It can be performed only by those who no longer live for themselves but for Christ. Our world today is a burning house. Calling people to God through evangelizations and other forms of proclamation is no longer enough on its own. At this late hour the world needs priestly people who will step into the breach, people who are ready to lay down their lives and so form a bridge over which others can pass from the burning house to safety.

In the days of the prophet Ezekiel, God said in view of the judgments then, "I sought for a man among them who should build up the wall and stand in the breach before me for the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found none. Therefore I have poured out my indignation upon them; I have consumed them with fire of my wrath; their way have I requited upon their heads" (Ezekiel 22:30,31)

Today when God has stretched out His hand to judge and purge the earth, and the time of grace is drawing to a close, will He not once again be looking for priestly souls? These are people who are willing to brave the scorching heat of judgment themselves, in order that others might be rescued, made glorious and presented to the Father as His children.

Did not Jesus wrestle in gethsemane for this lost world of ours when He asked His disciples. "could you not watch with me one hour?" (Matthew 26:40). And although we are sinful, whereas our great High Priest is holy and blameless, is He not making the same request to us today and calling us to follow in His footsteps?"

-Basilea Schlink from [i]The Royal Priesthood[/i]

2004/4/19 11:57Profile
moreofHim

Re: The priestly ministry of sacrificial love

Ron,

Quote:
At this late hour the world needs priestly people who will step into the breach, people who are ready to lay down their lives and so form a bridge over which others can pass from the burning house to safety.

So true! So True!

Bless you!

In Him, Chanin

2004/4/19 12:06Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy