Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Hi everyone - I go by "Doc"

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

Hi everyone - I go by "Doc"

Hi everyone,

I've been visiting this site for a while now but have never posted until yesterday when I made some remarks about the passing of Brother Art Katz. I am impressed by the site here and its rich abundance of materials and sermons.

My real name is David Winter and I live in Tallahassee, Fla. and I have been a Christian since 1972. I came to be one of the Lord's own during the Jesus Movement days but perhaps contrary to some opinion those were days of real and lasting conversions for many. It's really hard to describe what I am now. I'm in sort of a transition period and may even describe myself as a disgruntled charismatic. I still believe in the Pentecostal experience and still heartedly recommend it for anyone. But I tried in the last years to step outside of my box and look at things from a non Pentecostal/charismatic perspective and I am encouraged by the depth and commitment of what I see. I think in many ways the charismatic movement has become too subjective and there is a lot of presumption today in what is called faith. But enough from me. Maybe some of us can talk about the things of the Lord as I try to continue to learn from everyone and their communions.

Blessings to each of you,

"Doc" :-)

2007/7/3 15:35Profile

Re: Hi everyone - I go by "Doc"

Hello David,

Quote:
I came to be one of the Lord's own during the Jesus Movement days but perhaps contrary to some opinion those were days of real and lasting conversions for many. It's really hard to describe what I am now. I'm in sort of a transition period and may even describe myself as a disgruntled charismatic. I still believe in the Pentecostal experience and still heartedly recommend it for anyone. But I tried in the last years to step outside of my box and look at things from a non Pentecostal/charismatic perspective and I am encouraged by the depth and commitment of what I see. I think in many ways the charismatic movement has become too subjective and there is a lot of presumption today in what is called faith.

I'm in the UK and remember the Jesus Movement, which had a lasting effect on me too, although I cannot say I was born again because of it.

You captured very well what I've also found. And, there are many spiritual gifts in operation without the labels.

Welcome.

2007/7/3 15:44
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Great to have you registered on the website. May the Lord bless you and enourage you as you seek more of Him. If you haven't yet do listen to these life-changing messages:

[b]Reality in the Christian Life by Zac Poonen[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=4272

[b]Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=282

[b]An Interview with Leonard Ravenhill (video) by Leonard Ravenhill[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=1702

[b]Judgment Seat of Christ by Leonard Ravenhill[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=235

2007/7/3 16:22Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: Hi everyone - I go by "Doc"

Hi, Doc!

I for one would love to discuss this all with you...I am a lost soul, no moorings except my Bible and the Holy Spirit.

I would love to hear what you dealt with, and how you feel now.

Blessings,

Forrest

2007/7/3 16:28Profile
docs

Thanks Forrest and dorcas

I'm really new here and I appreciate your responses. The more I look at this site it just looks good. There's so much info and sermons etc. and it is very nice to see it all. Please forgive me for the moment though. I just got a computer back up and running in my room tonight and I am also a moderator at another Christian forum so I am busy there you know. But I'll get back to you soon and maybe we could talk a little. Thanks for your replies and also thanks to the forum moderator. Hang in there Forrest.

If you guys don't know about the recently deceased and buried brother Art Katz (buried July 2), I can keenly recommend that you listen to and read some of his sermons which are part of this forum. He was a very rare and unique mouthpiece for the Lord.

Blessings,

"Doc" :-)

2007/7/4 23:33Profile

Re: Thanks Forrest and dorcas

As an old sailor would say Doc, of which I am "Welcome aboard". I have not been a member very long but I have enjoyed everyday of my membership. It is a great way to share what God lays on each ones heart everyday and get the rest of the story so to speak. Sorry to hear about your temporary separation from your brother. We will see him at the gate. Have you read the 90 minutes in heaven book. If you haven't I recommend it for any who has recently had a love one, has a terminally illness or a love one that has a terminally illness, you can find it most christian book stores or online. Indeed if anyone is a mouthpiece for the Lord they will fit the description you gave of your brother.

2007/7/9 11:31
docs

Re: Thanks moe mac

Hi,

I appreciate your kind and uplifting words. I was meaning to get back to everyone sooner but last Sat I returned to my hometown for the funeral of one of my close childhood friends. I didn't get back until Tues and was real tired and spent and have been resting. The events of my friend's passing were not that good and if you can please say a prayer for his parents. The Lord knows who they are and they are quality people. Let me go now but thanks again. Prayer for them appreciated.

"Doc"

2007/7/13 22:33Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Doc

Welcome brother, am glad you are here.

2007/7/13 23:23Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy