SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Missionaries to North Korea?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Gideons
Member



Joined: 2003/9/16
Posts: 474
Virginia

 Missionaries to North Korea?

My wife and I have been praying about our future life and we're praying about becoming missionaries in North Korea. Our relationship with God is always more important than what we do for Him (i.e. being Mary vs. Martha). We would appreciate your prayers.

Here's my quandary. Even though I know life there would be extremely difficult in many ways, I know the gracioousness of God and that He is not going to allow the suffering to go much on much longer. Because I know (based on His character, not a prophetic word) that God will pour out His grace to those people, is my motive selfish?? I want to have a pure motive.

I hope you will consider praying for persecuted Christians around the world. The persecution that many face is difficult for someone in the US or the Western world to fathom but those brothers and sisters need our prayers. I've got some thought provoking thoughts from some Chinese ministers to the western body of Christ. Sometimes when you read their testimonies, it's nearly impossible to stop crying. I just pray that we have a heart for each other, regardless of where we live or how we serve our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.


_________________
Ed Pugh

 2004/4/18 20:04Profile
crsschk
Member



Joined: 2003/6/11
Posts: 9192
Santa Clara, CA

 Re: Missionaries to North Korea?

Hi Ed,

I don't see it, why would that be selfish?

I will definitely pray that the Lord will guide you in this matter.

Quote:
I hope you will consider praying for persecuted Christians around the world. The persecution that many face is difficult for someone in the US or the Western world to fathom but those brothers and sisters need our prayers. I've got some thought provoking thoughts from some Chinese ministers to the western body of Christ. Sometimes when you read their testimonies, it's nearly impossible to stop crying. I just pray that we have a heart for each other, regardless of where we live or how we serve our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ



Yes. This is an often overlooked aspect sadly. You would almost think that there were different 'brands' of Christianity, contrasting much of what passes as such in America with the persecutions, tortures, beatings and death that our brethren suffer around the world. Truly laying down their lives for the Lord.
At best we are harassed, we have no concept of what persecution is and I am not pretending to know either, about it perhaps...
What is our faith in comparison to theirs?
They need our prayers.


_________________
Mike Balog

 2004/4/19 0:45Profile
Gideons
Member



Joined: 2003/9/16
Posts: 474
Virginia

 Re:

Thanks so much Mike,

Yes, the persecution we suffer is so insignificant compared to believers in many areas of the world. Many of these believers were just like the first generation of Christians who laid down their lives for Christ. That's the sacrifice he wants from all of us.

Quote:
I don't see it, why would that be selfish?



I see it as selfish because I know that once things begin to change in North Korea, there will be a great move of God and he will be merciful to the remnant that remains. Christianity in Korea was spread from North Korea to what is now South Korea. Since I know that God will move greatly where there is great persecution, my fear is that I want to be blessed more than being a blessing.

Hopefully that makes some sense.


_________________
Ed Pugh

 2004/4/19 13:16Profile
InTheLight
Member



Joined: 2003/7/31
Posts: 2741
Phoenix, Arizona USA

 Re: Missionaries to North Korea?

Quote:
Here's my quandary. Even though I know life there would be extremely difficult in many ways, I know the gracioousness of God and that He is not going to allow the suffering to go much on much longer. Because I know (based on His character, not a prophetic word) that God will pour out His grace to those people, is my motive selfish?? I want to have a pure motive.



Perhaps your post, based on your understanding of God's character, is prophetic in itself. North Korea has been exterminating Christians since the communists took over in 1945. They are currently number one on the [url=http://www.mcjonline.com/news/03a/20030209c.shtml]Open Doors World Watch List[/url] of Christian persecution. Yet there is still a remnant of underground believers, may the Lord have mercy on them and humble their proud persecutors.

I would imagine there are alot of Chinese missionaries interested in getting into North Korea also. I have heard there are several missions just across the North Korean border in China were many Koreans have fled to. Some secretly return to Korea to spread the gospel to their families at the risk of imprisonment and death at the hands of the government.

It doesn't seem selfish to me to align your will with God's will. Lord, please fill my brother with the knowledge of your will in in this matter with all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that he may walk before you in a manner worthy and pleasing, bearing fruit in all good works.

In Christ,

Ron


_________________
Ron Halverson

 2004/4/19 15:55Profile
crsschk
Member



Joined: 2003/6/11
Posts: 9192
Santa Clara, CA

 Re:

Hi Ed,

I am following you, that is a very honest statement, what our motives are... I can only echo Ron's comments:

Quote:
It doesn't seem selfish to me to align your will with God's will. Lord, please fill my brother with the knowledge of your will in in this matter with all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that he may walk before you in a manner worthy and pleasing, bearing fruit in all good works.



Amen.


_________________
Mike Balog

 2004/4/19 22:01Profile
Gideons
Member



Joined: 2003/9/16
Posts: 474
Virginia

 Re: Missionary from North Korea will be meeting this week

I just wanted to ask those who feel led to pray for my wife and I will do so this week.

We have a missionary to North Korea who will be visiting our church next weekend. He has an organization that has 50 or so missionaries to North Korea as well as Japan, Israel, and parts of the old Soviet Union.

I know I've laid everything down at the altar but I want to make sure that I follow Him in all things. We appreciate your prayers.


_________________
Ed Pugh

 2004/5/16 7:07Profile





©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy