Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Obituary

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

The Obituary

Saints,

As a funeral director, I consider it a deep honor to present Art's obituary here. I took it from the webpage of the funeral home handling his services. I write obituaries pretty much daily...and I can tell you that this is a VERY humble obit, for a man of his stature. This is actually written in what we in the business consider a very generic, banal style. Alas, even in death, his humility pervades everything attached to his name. God bless our sleeping titan brother, his ministry blazes on as an indelible influence for all of us. There will never be anyone again like this man.

Arthur Katz, 78 of Laporte, MN died June 28, 2007 peacefully at home surrounded by his family and loved ones from an extended illness.

Funeral Services will be 4:00 pm, Monday, July 2, 2007 at the Ben Israel Lodge at 43237 Cass Line Rd, Laporte, MN with Pastor Sheldon Volk officiating. A visitation will be from 6 -8 pm on Sunday, July 1, 2007 at the Cease Family Funeral Home in Bemidji. Interment will be at the Ben Israel Cemetery in Laporte, MN.

He was born February 13, 1929 in Brooklyn, NY the son of David and Esther (Burbridge) Katz. He spent 44 years in active ministry traveling the globe as an iterant preacher. He married Inger Hava Delsgaard-Pedersen April 17, 1965.

He is survived by wife: Inger Hava Katz of Laporte
Children: David Katz of Laporte
Christina “Sissie” (Keith) Pennel of Bemidji
Ariel Katz of Melbourne, Florida
6 grandchildren

He was preceded in death by his parents and brother Lenny.

Honorary Casketbearers will be Samuel Katz, Jared Katz, Elijah Katz, Brandon Katz, Blaide Katz and Sarah Penel.

Active Casketbearers will be Timothy McDonald, Dan Shield, David Katz, Ariel Katz, Keith Pennel, Mervin Stahl and Fred Herrera.

In lieu of flowers, memorials are preferred towards a memorial fund.

[url=http://206.188.233.241/cease/obit.asp?ObitID=776]Art's Obituary[/url]

** please click the link above to express your sympathy to the Katz family. I'm sure They will read them all.

- Bro. Paul

2007/7/1 19:08Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: The Obituary

Quote:
There will never be anyone again like this man.

Amen dear brother.
Thank you Paul

2007/7/1 19:18Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy