Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Hard time with holiness

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

GrannieAnnie wrote:

No robots, no mail order brides, but the perfect wife because she Loves Her Perfect Husband and The Perfect Husband taking on the role described in Eph. 5. The "Mystery".

Few there be who see it, Grannie......but He said there would be, but a few.

2007/7/2 6:17

Re:

Hi brother Ormly.

Sorry I misspelled your name on that other thread.

Sorry I got upset too.

The reason I'm in a Reformed Church is sometimes hard for some folks to understand, knowing me and what I believe and all.

The Church I'm in, a PCA Church, has a Pastor that has touched "reality", to coin an old Nee book.

I go because of him. Plain and simple and because now I have fallen in love with the people there too.

I'm having to go through a class about the PCA's beliefs and doctrines from the Reformed view and it doesn't bother me in the least.
And I'm the one who had all my books out just some years ago, Greek, Robert Shank et al, fighting OSAS. :-D

The doctrine doesn't bother me anymore.

I found through listening to enough radio preachers/teachers, that where we agree is, if the person is not living out Christ from being "in" Christ, then they are "not saved". Ha - that's simple enough.
They say they were never saved and I say, maybe they weren't. That's a fair enough consensus.
A lack of Christ-likeness, meaning they hadn't, as you say, had the revelation of Christ, or as I say, been in His Presence or however some prefer to name experiencing Him first hand to the maximum extent that humans can take, would mean they were never saved-saved, as I call it.
So I haven't much problem with the doctrine as long as it's not an excuse for laziness - for not pressing in or striving for the Mark/His Image.

I'm reading you on the other thread and to rephrase how I'm reading it is, anyone can be "converted" by mental assent ... but to "KNOW" Him --- to have truly personally experienced Him in His fulness, (as said, to the extent that a human can contain, without dropping dead :), by whatever means necessary (suffering, struggles, hardships, etc) to get us to that point ... that is when the union is sealed.

I know a man, who is like King Solomon for wisdom and a knowledge of the Word and can answer ANY question from the Bible or even get a "word of wisdom" for people's problems and is 100% accurate, but he doesn't "know" the LORD, though he claims to have been "saved" for 34 years. That's scarey.

That's why rattling off ten thousand scriptures doesn't impress me anymore.
I thank God that I started off with folks like Nee, or T.A. Sparks and others who went pressing on a bit further to truly "know" Him in Spirit and in truth.
Nee had things I didn't go with, but when it came to spiritual reality, I think he had some very good insight.
I read him till the 80's and then the LORD was gracious to send other authors that prove out "intimate experiential relationship" etc..

Anyhow, I'm a bit drained from yesterday, but maybe we could talk more here.

I find it easier to post on threads I agree with to avoid conflict because I 'react' to conflict in not ways I care for.

I was AoG most of my Christian life too. But they've fallen I'm afraid.

Here's a good website from folks who are not anti-AoG, but see what's become of it.
http://www.discernment-ministries.org/

It's been hot down here in NC huh ? But THANK GOD FOR ALL OF THIS RAIN. [u]Praise GOD![/u]

Annie

2007/7/2 12:34

Re:

We're on the same page when you mention Nee & Co..

Where in Carolina Grannie? And would love a voice chat with you. PM me if that might be in order. There is much to share that it be an encouragement in our pressing on toward the prize..

Thanks,

Orm

2007/7/2 14:16

Re:

Hi brother, we're by Charlotte. Just N.W. of it.

I'm always afraid to bring up Nee, because folks don't know where you draw the line with him, but I trust others do know.

Anyhowz, I can't do voice stuff and seldom email to males. HA ~ Now ain't I'z ol' fashioned ?

I've gotten very southern down yonder here. ha.

Could we transact on board here ? I would really like that very much.

Please don't take my convictions personal, I only email to pastors I know and maybe heads of ministries. Though you may be one of the above ... it's just being "proper-like" and all.

Bless you for even wanting to talk to me at all.

I would enjoy it very much. Good fellowship is better than a Great Buffet to me.

Bless you and yours.
Annie

2007/7/2 16:18
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Roaringlamb,

"we must realize that the Groom is the only One who can lift the veil of His bride"

I think that is a powerfull statment.

Although I just posted this verse elsewhere, I think it applies here also:

[b][color=660033]I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.[/color][/b]

2007/7/2 16:23Profile

Re:

Quote:

GrannieAnnie wrote:
Hi brother, we're by Charlotte. Just N.W. of it.

I'm always afraid to bring up Nee, because folks don't know where you draw the line with him, but I trust others do know.

Anyhowz, I can't do voice stuff and seldom email to males. HA ~ Now ain't I'z ol' fashioned ?

I've gotten very southern down yonder here. ha.

Could we transact on board here ? I would really like that very much.

Please don't take my convictions personal, I only email to pastors I know and maybe heads of ministries. Though you may be one of the above ... it's just being "proper-like" and all.

Bless you for even wanting to talk to me at all.

I would enjoy it very much. Good fellowship is better than a Great Buffet to me.

Bless you and yours.
Annie

No worries, Annie. That was a bit presumptous of me.

I am over in the Raleigh area.... and yes I would like the opportunity share some stuff with you or anyone who realizes, in reality, heaven has been achieved. Its tough these days finding anyone who is on that page of understanding.

2007/7/2 18:54

Re:

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Zion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Heb 8:5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern showed to thee in the mount.

2Ti 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.

Eph 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God

Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ

1Co 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

1Co 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

Hi Brother, Thanks for understanding.

Could you start a thread on this. I can't unless I hold my Ctrl button down ... and I haven't tried doing that yet. Afraid of new buttons. But I just found out that it's my Server that has the Pop-up thing and that's what they suggested also, besides a brother on the Forum here. But like I said, afraid of new buttons.

I "think" --- if you were on another forum maybe 4 or 5 years ago, we were talking then ... but I can't remember which one it was.
IF it were you, then maybe you'd remember.

One I left in '02 because the Moderators were Unitarians and I didn't know it and they got after me/us for the Trinity. Big debate and then I just realized I didn't want to debate mod.s so I left. It was a "Christian Website".

Went into Internet shock after only one year on-line and with a computer so went off for a year to stop my head from spinning.

I'm still half dazed by this stuff. Info-overload besides sensory-overload.

Yes, I'd like to hear more and if you have time.

I could use a distraction from the physical anyways. Thanks !

edit: meant to say, a new thread would help me, as I don't like the title of this one.
I don't have a hard time desiring His Holiness.
Or being consecrated for Holy use ... a new thread may help this/my understanding along.

2007/7/2 19:15

Re:

I thought - (ah-oh) - ha - no really, in lines with this particular thread, I'm listening now on the radio to my favorite "R-rollin'" Pastor on the radio.

"Sowing and Reaping" - Parts A & B

http://www.truthforlife.org/site/PageServer?pagename=lst_overview

2007/7/2 22:16

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy