SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Declaration of Dependence

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Declaration of Dependence

If we are still here and breathing, God has a purpose for all of us, no matter what our circumstances are, or what age might be, or how many bad things we have done.

King Soloman stated below in the book of Ecclesiastes, in all he had experienced, all the riches and possessions under the sun meant nothing, without a relationship with the Lord.

Eccl 12:13-14

13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. 14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

All people will realize Solomon's realization of the importance of a relationship with the Lord at some point, it’s just a matter of whether it is too late or not. Jesus came not to condemn the world, but to save that which is lost. he doesn’t want anyone to perish, but all come to repentance.

Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

King David also realized the importance of a relationship with the Lord, although he was out of the Lord's will at some points of his life. In Psalms he proclaims praise and honor to his name.

Ps 8:1-6

O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens. 2 Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger. 3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. 6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:

In Matthew, Chapter 21 when Jesus cleared the temple and said to the scribes and chief priests, you had turned the temple into a den of thieves and then he referred to King David's Psalm in this Chapter.

Matt 21:13-16 13 And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.14 And the blind and the lame came to him in the temple; and he healed them.15 And when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying in the temple, and saying, Hosanna to the Son of David; they were sore displeased,16 And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?

Have you ever wondered why people don't believe in God, and some work so hard to remove any reference to his name? Why do they do that, if they believe he doesn't exist or have any power? Although some of these people who want to remove any reference or honor claim to know him as their Lord and savior. None of us can earn our salvation, it is a gift from God. He gave his son so that we can live. He paid our sin debt in full, all of us being undeserving. Jesus made a way for us to receive his unmerited favor “grace”. His mercy is not getting what we do deserve.

John 8:47

47 He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God."

How do we get to know God?

John 14:6-7

6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well.

God is in control. It just a matter of whether one acknowledges that he is or not.

Proverbs 19:21

21 Many are the plans in a man's heart,

but it is the LORD'S purpose that prevails.

Sometimes we honor our fellow man for their earthly accomplishments and we should pay tribute to our fellow man. But how much honor and praise are we giving to our Lord and Savior. It's amazing how people who claim to be Christians, can stand up in a public setting or meeting and praise another human being for exceptional service to their country, their city or state. Go into detail about their achievements and talk about what a great person they are, what a contribution they have made to society, and with the same mouth they proclaim it would offensive, improper, or inappropriate to talk about their savior who gave his life to save them from hell and to give him credit for being our provider, creator and savior.

I wonder how many of these same people would tolerate any law that would forbid or prevent them from them telling about our earthly father, mother, brother, sister or children. Would they agree with or tolerate a law that would prevent them from telling about their relationship with them, or would prevent them from communicating with them in any location or setting. We are to love our Heavenly Father for giving his son and Jesus Christ who laid down his life more than anything.

What prize do you feel that Jesus should get? The Nobel Peace Prize, the Freedom award, a documentary on NBC? What award do you think Jesus deserves? Does Jesus or God's Word deserve censored in any way? The fact is we can't give him anything, but ourselves. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Then he said, I’ll make man in my own image. It’s not good for man to be alone, so he took a portion of man, the rib, and made woman.

How much honor should we give him. If we give him ourselves, we are only giving back to him what is his to begin with. Offer your bodies as a living sacrifice is what the word says. That is our reasonable service. He is deserving of all honor and praise.

What has the devil told you about the above subject, most likely the same thing he told me? We are born with the devil’s thinking. We must be born of the spirit of God to know the truth.

James 1:27

27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

What did Jesus say about the women with the Alabaster bottle of expensive perfume in Matthew?

Matt 26: 13

131 tell you the truth, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.

Could it have been the degree in which she honored him, that he instructed all to tell of this honor that was manifesting in her to honor Jesus. Jesus said everywhere the gospel was preached this will be told as a memorial

Do you think God deserves honor? If so, to what degree of honor did she give? God gave his son for us. What are we giving him? I must confess that I fall way short of any honor that he deserves.

1 Cor 6: 19-7:1

You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

Ps 91:1-2
91:1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

What is that secret place?

1 Cor 2:7-10
7 No, we speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. 8 None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9 However, as it is written:

"No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who love him"-

10 but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.

Jesus prayed for the 12 disciples and also for all disciples to come.

John 17:15-23
15 My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. 17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. 18 As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. 19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.
20 "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: 23 I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

Are we studying and hearing his word through those he called?

How much honor are you giving him?

2007/7/1 5:08

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy