SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Are all Speakers on SI Baptist?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
vsuarez

Re:

Quote:

moe_mac wrote:
Signs and wonders. Each time a lost person is a recipient of the salvation of our Lord, that is within itself a sign and a wonder. No one thing any greater than the gift Jesus gave us through HIS sacrifice on the cross. The red letters WORDS and the other inspired Words of God has things to say about seeking signs and wonders.
Luke 11:29-30
29 And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet.
30 For as Jonas was a sign unto the Ninevites, so shall also the Son of man be to this generation.
KJV

Other miracles continue to happen today just as they did when Jesus walked the earth in human flesh. We are to be expectant of them and in prayer for them for we know nothing is impossible with God.
Matt 13:58-14:1
58 And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith.

Luke 10:19-20
19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Yes each one of us who has received HIS SPIRIT has indeed had a miracle performed in our life and in our midst and we have not seen all of it yet. See signature below.

I totally agree with everything you've said above. And in conjuction with this I would like to add that signs and wonders must [i]follow[/i] US, not the other way around. This has been a major problem today. So many christians are trying to CAUSE the signs to occur instead of allowing the Holy Spirit to administer them as He sees fit, according to the will of God and according to our faith. The issue is that man is trying to WILL the miracles, and that's why we see so much fabrication of them. There are lying signs and wonder too you know.

2007/7/9 8:27Profile

Re:

Quote:
Psalm1 said: I would implore you to step outside [SermonIndex] in your quest for the anointing.

Firstly, I am anointed by the holy Ghost. Secondly, SI has been a refuge for weary cyber travelers looking for truth and holiness. I have enjoyed the occasional message and will continue to glean other messages on this site. Zac Poonen is a great man of God. His message, "A Father's Love" has helped me understand more of the Father's Love towards us.

I would encourage you to listen to all of Zac Poonen's messages and then come back and make your assessment of him, that would be the fair thing to do.

2007/7/9 11:40

Re:

RobertW said:

Quote:
Most classical Pentecostals I have ever known identify themselves almost exclusively by their speaking in tongues as initial evidence.

If there weren't so many churches that were against this, we wouldn't have to say it. In the Acts it was expected.

The reason why I didn't want this thread to turn into a tongue debate is because people get really nasty, and so far it's been relatively okay.

2007/7/9 11:47
vsuarez

Re:

Quote:

Compliments wrote:
RobertW said:
Quote:
Most classical Pentecostals I have ever known identify themselves almost exclusively by their speaking in tongues as initial evidence.

If there weren't so many churches that were against this, we wouldn't have to say it. In the Acts it was expected.

The reason why I didn't want this thread to turn into a tongue debate is because people get really nasty, and so far it's been relatively okay.

I truly appreciate your heart regarding this topic. What is so interesting to me is that the scriptures, if taken for face value, are so clear and concise about this very topic of the gifts of the Spirit, including tongue, interpretation of tongue, etc. I do not say this in a contentious way, but there is so much info in the scriptures on this topic, it's difficult for me at times when I see others express disbelief in them. I marvel at it.

2007/7/9 13:30Profile
running2win

Bowmansville Penssylvania USA

Re:

Quote:
In the Acts it was expected.

Perhaps you could explain this a little more? Do you mean speaking in tongues was expected or being baptized with the Holy Ghost was expected? The latter I totally agree with. I've never thought that tongues was an expected thing as an evidence in Acts but maybe I've just been missing it.

Oh, here's another message that I highly recommend on the subject of being baptized with the Holy Ghost.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=3729]God's Supreme Position of Power[/url] by George R. Brunk II

2007/7/9 13:54Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

I know so many 'spirit-filled' people who fail to demonstrate any of the 'fruits of the spirit' in their lives.

Give me a fruit-bearing person over someone who can speak in tongues any day!

I think you'll find that if you read Apostle Paul's epistles he would be of the same opinion.

2007/7/9 16:36Profile
running2win

Bowmansville Penssylvania USA

Re:

Quote:
I know so many 'spirit-filled' people who fail to demonstrate any of the 'fruits of the spirit' in their lives.

The tragedy of 20th and 21st century christianity.

Quote:
Give me a fruit-bearing person over someone who can speak in tongues any day!

A hardy amen!!! Although I'm not against tongues if the tongues speakers also have a fruitful life. Zac for example.

2007/7/9 17:06Profile
bereangirl

Toronto, Canada

Re: Are all Speakers on SI Baptist?

Hi Compliments,

Another to add to the list here is Art Katz. I was listening to (2006 Prophetic School) 16 & 17 The Holiness of God this weekend and he makes specific reference to the subject and the importance of it. I can't remember now if it's the #16 or #17 session. (It's a really good teaching/discussion on holiness, in case you are interested.)

Blessings,

Bereangirl

2007/7/9 19:18Profile

Re:

Quote:
Tears of Joy, can you not read? I said, "I don't want this thread to turn into a tongues debate".
Let it die!! Please

Compliments, you may have not intended to sound like a rude, unkind and impatient pompous rear end but your statement blares these things. This is just a discussion area where we SHOULD all be free to discuss even if it's not according to your guidelines because ...

Quote:
the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness.
Galatians 5.22-23

[edit: I looked for an apology and if it's on here... I'm sorry I didn't see it.]

2007/7/9 19:52
vsuarez

Re:

Quote:

iansmith wrote:

[u]Give me a fruit-bearing person over someone who can speak in tongues any day![/u]

I think you'll find that if you read Apostle Paul's epistles he would be of the same opinion.

I agree with your statement. And while Paul emphasized love as the chiefest fruit of the spirit, I do not think he intend to diminish the value of the gifts of the spirit. Remember, he himself abounded in the gifts. For he declared that he spoke with tongues more than all of the Corinthian church. He also said that they were to desire to prophesy, but not to "forbid" speaking in tongues. This discussion has been going on-and-on for a long time. I am not speaking of SI, but of the church, throughout church history. Nevertheless, the gifts and the fruit of the spirit possess their respective measures of value, which God the Holy Spirit elected to place through the writing of the Apostle Paul. I don't believe it is prudent nor wise to select one manifestation of the Holy Spirit over the other, only that we should keep them in their respective measure, which were emphasized by the Spirit.

It is because of these contentions between denominations that some pastors are even leary of mentioning that they've experienced these manifestations of the gifts. These pastors would be excommunicated in some instances if they where to admit that these gifts are in operation today. This is such a tragedy and shame. That they would not allow the Holy Spirit to freely reign in the church as He wills, according to the will and mind of Christ, for they are all One.

I also want to reiterate that these are GIFTS of the HOLY SPIRIT (not yelling, just emphasis). They (the gifts) are not to be treated or handled so lightly, even in our forums and discussion threads. I personally believe this grieves and quenches the Holy Spirit. I believe the essence of Paul's correction to the Corithian church was balance and order, not 'if you want to choose one or the other choose fruit and negate (def. to nullify or cause to be ineffective) the gifts'. Now, I am not suggesting that anyone here has specifically said that on this thread. But, it seems that this is where this discussion is heading.

I solemly ask that we remain reverent and respectful of the Holy Spirit and His ministry to the church, by the will of God, using whatever means He sees fit.

With respect,

Brother Suarez

2007/7/10 0:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy