SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Are all Speakers on SI Baptist?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread

Are all Speakers on SI Baptist?

Besides Carter Conlon and David Wilkerson, are there any other speakers that are baptized in the holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in other tongues? Or are they all Baptist?

Please don't turn this thread into a tongues debate, I am just looking for names of speakers that embrace the baptism and not reject it, their messages is what I am looking to hear. Thank you.

Any leads?

2007/6/30 17:08
jordanamo

Re: Are all Speakers on SI Baptist?

The better question might be, "are any speakers on SI Baptist?"-- not many. The three featured ones at the top, for example: AW Tozer, Leonard Ravenhill, and Zac Poonen have never been affiliated with the Baptist denomination. Only prominent speaker on SI that I know of that is affiliated with the Baptist denomination (even though he may now not be necessarily apart of it) is Paul Washer.

2007/6/30 17:14Profile
HopePurifies

Georgia, USA

Zac Poonen was baptized and spoke in tongues, but he doesn't think that all people have to speak in tongues when they are baptized.

2007/6/30 17:15Profile
running2win

Bowmansville Penssylvania USA

You've got to listen to [b]ALL[/b] of Duncan Campbell's messages!!! ;-) And also listen to Paris Reidhead's message entitles [i]The Baptism of the Holy Spirit[/i]. The best stuff I've found on this subject. Start with Ducan Campbell's [i]Conversion and Testimony[/i]. PM me and tell me what you think after you've listened to DC's testimony if you do listen to it.

2007/6/30 17:16Profile
ThePilgrim

Re:

I believe that John Rhys Watkins is also a Spirit filled preacher.
Listen to his message "The Tongue of Fire", here on SI.

You not only get a Spirit filled message, you get to understand the urgency of the hour and the need for such preaching.

As a point of interest, I heard the Martyn Lloyd Jones also recieved and believed in Sprit Baptism.

Pilgrim

2007/6/30 17:22Profile

Re:

I use the word Baptist in general. Baptists generally reject the baptism of the holy Spirit, though you might hear of one or two scattered throughout North America that do, but they have to disconnect from the mainline and become independent.

Baptist, presbyterian, United, Methodist, Lutheran and this list can go on and on. Tozer might have been United yet has the baptism, and if so, I'd hear him. Ravenhill might have been Methodist, and yet has the baptism, and if so, I'd hear him.

I hope that makes my request clearer.

2007/6/30 17:26
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Poonen and Cymbala I can name off the top of my head. Poonen, however, doesn't believe that tongues are the [i]exclusive[/i] evidence of being filled like most traditonal Pentecostals do....

2007/6/30 17:28Profile
running2win

Bowmansville Penssylvania USA

Re:

Quote:
As a point of interest, I heard the Martyn Lloyd Jones also recieved and believed in Sprit Baptism.

I don't want to start a discussion on this topic but it's interesting to note that the preachers who believe in it are the one's who have experienced it. Just something I've noticed

2007/6/30 17:28Profile
Tears_of_joy

Quote:
David Wilkerson, are there any other speakers that are baptized in the holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in other tongues?

I have never heard David Wilkerson preaching that evidence of being baptized in the Holy Spirit is speaking in tongues.

2007/6/30 17:29Profile

Re:

Quote:
I have never heard David Wilkerson preaching that evidence of being baptized in the Holy Spirit is speaking in tongues.

Tears of Joy, can you not read? I said, "I don't want this thread to turn into a tongues debate".

Let it die!! Please

2007/6/30 17:33

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy