SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : What IS the Gospel

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

the words come to mind from Art Katz sermon.

the Gospel is in two words: GOD CRUCIFIED...

2007/7/5 13:52Profile

Re:

The Gospel is a message of God's grace for sinners, but as a message it will not profit anyone, lest the word be received in faith by those who hear it (Heb. 4:2). The message is this: that God will not count men's trespasses against them, if they believe in His Son. Instead, God will impart to them the righteousness of Christ, pronouncing them righteous in His sight, and give them eternal life so they may never perish.

[u]Ephesians 2:1-9[/u]
1 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, 3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

In Christ,
Slavyan

2007/7/5 14:54

Re:

Quote:

vsuarez wrote:
The gospel IS the love of God expressed in the brutal punishment taken by ONE man FOR all mankind deserving of that very punishment.

The gospel IS ONE man dying FOR all mankind deserving of death (seperation from God eternally).

The gospel IS ONE man buried in the grave (tomb) and in three days was resurrected FOR us, that we also may be resurrected.

The gospel IS ONE man who humbles HIMSELF and willingly suffered the pains of humanity, leaving HIS glorious splender in the heavens, in order to reclaim and restore our rightful position FOR us.

The gospel IS ONE man who prepared a path of HIS own will in order to bring many son's back to their original glory.

The gospel IS ONE man whose holy and consecrated life destroyed Satan's authority to keep us in a perpetual state of death because of sin.

The gospel is ONE man who defeated and reclaimed the power of death and the grave through His sinless life, thus removing its authority.

The gospel is ONE man who entered into heaven to appear before the Magesity on high in order that the He might remove shame Adam gave to us since the garden of Eden.

The gospel is ONE man's vicarious sacrifice, the just FOR the unjust, while we were yet in our rebelious state, so that we could experience freedom and victory over the flesh, world and the Devil.

The gospel is ONE man, whose love knows no boundaries, that FIRST love us, causing those who will, to lovingly and willingly bow at HIS magestic and holy feet.

vsuarez,

I wish you would have kept writing. I think you could have gone on for a few pages.

You are so right. The Gospel is the Victory that He won

The Gospel is first and foremost, an announcement.
It is news, Good News, and news must be proclaimed...announced!

God, Himself, accomplished something for us...apart from us, but for us. And just like Israel possessing the promised land, we enter into His Victory, His accomplishment, His Life...by faith.

Quote:
Ecclesiastes 3:14 I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.

2007/7/5 22:13
vsuarez

Re:

Quote:

vsuarez,

I wish you would have kept writing. I think you could have gone on for a few pages.

You are so right. The Gospel is the Victory that He won

The Gospel is first and foremost, an announcement.
It is news, Good News, and news must be proclaimed...announced!

God, Himself, accomplished something for us...apart from us, but for us. And just like Israel possessing the promised land, we enter into His Victory, His accomplishment, His Life...by faith.

Quote:
Ecclesiastes 3:14 I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.

The impact of the gospel is universal yet so personal. Anyone that has come to know Him intimately can go on into eternity saying what the gospel is. Some quote directly from scripture, while others express the Gospel in their own words inspired by the scriptures. It is truly a personal thing. Yet, what is so profound is that those who know Him, and are known by Him I must add, have kindred spirits. There's the witness of the Holy Spirit that testifies that we are children of God.

I am truly the bless one here though. I found, perhaps like some of you, this website "accidently" ;-)(divine providence really). By it I discovered a wealth of men and women of God, who's messages burn in my heart, just as it did in theirs. To fellowship with a community of sons and daughters of the Lord that have like precious faith is priceless. To me, it is comparable to finding that pearl of great price. I thank God for giving Brother Gordon the vision, widsom and means to create this community for us.

Praise the Lord!!

In Him,

Brother Suarez

2007/7/6 0:56Profile
vsuarez

Re:

Quote:

NotMe wrote:
The Gospel is a message of God's grace for sinners, but as a message it will not profit anyone, lest the word be received in faith by those who hear it (Heb. 4:2). The message is this: that God will not count men's trespasses against them, if they believe in His Son. Instead, God will impart to them the righteousness of Christ, pronouncing them righteous in His sight, and give them eternal life so they may never perish.

[u]Ephesians 2:1-9[/u]
1 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, 3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

In Christ,
Slavyan

AMEN!!!!

2007/7/9 12:38Profile

Re: What IS the Gospel

The thief on the cross.

2007/7/9 15:38
vsuarez

Re:

Quote:

GrannieAnnie wrote:
The thief on the cross.

Grannie,
Short, sweet and to the point!! I love it!! AMEN, AMEN!!

Brother Suarez

2007/7/10 10:48Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re: What IS the Gospel

My go on a short answer!

The gospel is that we may know God and that He knows us.

2007/7/10 17:53Profile
vsuarez

Re: SHORT ANSWERS ONLY!!

The women with the alabaster box.

2007/7/10 18:34Profile
Lkid

Re:

"You don't have to preach against sin, the holy Ghost knows His job, He'll convict the sinner in conjunction with your preaching. He's a comforter, a helpmeet"

I'm not trying to be hard on anybody. The threads on this website can take a beating in Christ's name. But Peter certainly preached against sin and often, as did Stephen and John. I'm certain he did not do this in the flesh but the Spirit spoke through him to convict sinners. the thing is that there is Good News, but if people don't know the situation then they don't know they need to hear any Good News.

As for a brief and simple gospel message; someone already stated it well in Ephesians 2:1-9

2007/7/12 16:42Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy