SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Allegiance to the Lamb

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Allegiance to the Lamb

Recently I read a local web site article about a city council decision on the issue of opening prayer before their meetings. One Alderman introduced his thoughts about prayer. He said he believed some of his constituents were being offended because many of the prayer were too specific on defining exactly who the God they were praying to was. The Mayor director the legality of prayer to the city attorney. It seemed according to article that the city attorney determined from our laws that prayer would be ok as long as you didn’t define who your God was, such as in Jesus name we pray, in our saviors name.
This subject and our instructions in God’s Word as Christians are addressed extensively. According to the scriptures it seems to be a defining factor on whether you are a Christian or only profess to be with your mouth. God’s Word says you can use it to test and see if someone is a child of God. 1 John 4:2-32 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. Jesus was very pain about this subject when he addressed the Pharisees, Matt 15:8-118 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:
11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man. And lets just plow a minute on the heart and what the heart produces. Rom 10:9-11
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Jesus was talking to the Pharisees here about some of their manmade rules. Mark 7:12-1912 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;
13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.
14 And when he had called all the people unto him, he said unto them, Hearken unto me every one of you, and understand:
15 There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.
16 If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.
17 And when he was entered into the house from the people, his disciples asked him concerning the parable.
18 And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;19 Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?
He also tells us where our words and our thought originate.
Matt 12:34-36

34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

11 For the scripture saith. Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. Does these scripture have any stipulation here or any other place in God’s Word, that if you are at a city council meeting this doesn’t apply if it offends someone who doesn’t believe.
I know there are present philosophys out here that says a Christian is not to consider God’s Word or make it relevant in our jobs and our public life. That’s hogwash in the Greek, the Hebrew, and the redneck translation. Any law contrary to God’s law is not be valid to a Christian, you may say yea but if I take that stand, there may be some fall out, yea that’s right. Luke 9:23-2623 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.25 For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.
KJV

2007/6/29 12:58

Re: Allegiance to the Lamb

Have you ever seen the video by Ray Boltz.

I highly recommend seeing the one with this song in it.

Amen to The Lamb brother moe.

Here's just the words from it....

http://www.christianlyricsonline.com/artists/ray-boltz/i-pledge-allegiance.html

If you can't find the video, I'll tell ya that the father and son talking in this dialoge above are sitting in a somewhat modern prison together, arrested for The Name and at the end, the father is taken away by the prison guards.

Bless The Lamb!

2007/6/29 13:10

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy