Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Art Katz Goes Home

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Art goes home

Bless you Aaron, much similar sentiments that I haven't yet been able to ... codify.

2007/7/4 22:47Profile

Re:

Thank you Aaron and others who have posted messages from Brother Katz since I found SI.

I lifted this prayer from Chpt. 18 of his book that Aaron posted, just as I found it.

"“O GOD OF MY FATHERS ABRAHAM, ISAAC AND JACOB. THE GOD OF MY OWN SAVIOR, JESHUA. I HAND MYSELF OVER TO YOU NOW. I SURRENDER ALL. TAKE ME AS I AM AND MAKE ME WHAT I OUGHT TO BE. FOR THE SAKE OF THY GLORY ALONE, SO HELP ME GOD.”"

Arthur Katz

I have to tell you, that I've been around the block with far too many Ministries when first coming to Christianity and then looking on the internet in '02.

So by time I had found SI, I said many times to many people, "I only like dead authors, because they've stood the test of time."

Little did I ever imagine that Art Katz would join my list of Authors that I can say I now trust.

GJN, I believe his nickname is, prayed that others would take up for Art and his words & his type ministry.

Well, I feel those here who exemplify Christ to me, who have recommended Art's writings, are doing just that.

Thank you!

My grandmother was from a persecuted Jewish family in Russia and her parents got up enough to just send her and her brother here, out of ten children via a boat from Autria to N.Y., Ellis Island. She was only 14 and lost her brother when the boat landed here. She was all alone with a foreign tongue, but she had a strength, that I'm not sure where she got it from, except maybe from the persecution.

She later met and married a wonderful Italian man and she spoke fluent English and Italian, long before I was born.

I didn't know this until she was gone. She raised me for 10 years and I didn't know.

She was ashamed of being both from Russia and of being Jewish and afraid to tell us all. Even her own children didn't know ... but they suspected, but kept it quiet also and some of that shame was passed a little bit to them, except 2 married Jewish spouses.

Later I moved to a town when I was a young teenager, that was predominately Jewish.
I felt very left out from their crowd and it made me feel hurt.

But the day after I was officially saved, I woke up with such a love for the Jewish people, that Only God could have done that to me. It was my first morning born-again and the thought wasn't even on my mind, but the LORD put it there very strongly.

It was years later that I found out about the very grandmother who raised me those years and would sing Yiddish songs and tell me she learned them from a family who took her in from Ellis Island.

Thank you SI people, for all you've done for me and so many others.
You've helped me along the way to find myself and to still have the chance to grow all the more, together with you and all that is provided here. My prayers have always and always will be for this ministry and it's members. Thank you so very-very much. I have far to go.

Sincerely.
Annie

2007/7/4 23:15
crucified

Re:

The Lord has greatly blessed me by directing me to the epochal ministry of Brother Art Katz through Sermon Index. For the last several years He has had me devouring his messages almost daily. The only way to describe the impact on my life is one word = REALITY. I had the great privilege of speaking to Bro. Art over the phone several times in the weeks and months preceding his homegoing, and I can testify to the depth of humility, gentleness and graciousness that exuded from the man in the midst of deep suffering. When I thanked him with tears for his tremendous contributions to my own life and to the Body over the past 40 something years, he simply said that it had been his great privilege to serve the One who alone was worthy to receive All Glory. This was truly a bondservant of great stature brethren. This was a beloved son, hear ye him!

2007/7/11 23:37Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy